Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

New module RGB Driver from Fibaro

Krikroff

Connect My first RGB module, that is very nice and like programs.

Really good job.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great product, one question though, how do I set the RGB colours via the API? I can turn it on and off fine, but how can I set the colours?

Thanks

Edit: Got it working, had to specify all arguments and not just the one...

Does somebody can test that color of wikipedia???

Please login or register to see this link.

Because I can't obtain these color.

Can anyone post a schematic layout of the wiring for the RGBW controller when using it with a wall switch? Especially interested in the way people solved getting 12/24V DC there.

• 4 weeks later...
Hello,

Do you you think it is possible to use a FGS211 to control the power supply , and the rgbw driver to dim the led with a double push button ?

The power supply will have a huge inrush current of 75A on start up.

Thanks

Anthony

75A ? really ??? how did you calculate this ?

Home fuses are usualy 16A or 20A...

Power for 75A on 220V is around 17KW...

Hi,

It is coming from the manufacturer datasheet :

"INRUSH CURRENT( TYP.) : COLD START 70A(t =1010 s measured at 50% I ) at 230VAC"

• 1 month later...

Hi,

can someone please recommend me good wind sensor and rain sensor for RGB driver or maybe there is other device with the same functionality for fibaro? Because I have roof window and I would like to close it when it rains or if it is a strong wind.

Thank you in advance

• 4 weeks later...

Wind sensor I haven't found against a reasonable price in 0-10v. For rain sensor I think this one should be usable:

Only problem is you'll need separate power supplies for feeding the sensor and getting a signal back to the RGB-module.

Therefor, if you're not going to use the other ports of the RGBW-module, you might be cheaper of just buying a Fibaro Universal sensor and connecting the rain sensor that way. In cases you want other sensors also, it makes sense to use the RGBW.

Wind sensor I haven't found against a reasonable price in 0-10v. For rain sensor I think this one should be usable:

Only problem is you'll need separate power supplies for feeding the sensor and getting a signal back to the RGB-module.

Therefor, if you're not going to use the other ports of the RGBW-module, you might be cheaper of just buying a Fibaro Universal sensor and connecting the rain sensor that way. In cases you want other sensors also, it makes sense to use the RGBW.

Good find on the rain sensor. I have this one which costs more although I'm not sure it's any better than the one you found.

EDIT: It does however measure the intensity of rain from 1 to 10 which could be helpful depending on your requirements

Mine is fine for sun screens that should be retracted if it starts to rain. It's cheap, probably reliable, but it's not very intelligent. Yours sounds better for some applications where it's useful to have a better indication of the amount of rain that has fallen, like sprinklers for your garden. So I think I'll be ordering one of those.

Now if I could only find a relatively cheap (sub €100) wind sensor with 0-10v connection, I'm very happy...

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_mrgreen.gif" alt=":mrgreen:" />

• 2 months later...

after a long search I found a weather station GIOM 3000

Can anyone tell me whether it is compatible with fibaro components.

Thx

• 2 weeks later...

Can I control the four RGBW chanels, say for kitchen counter light, and at the same time use the inputs to monitor C02 and temp sensors - without input readings have direct affect on the RGBW output chanels?

It might be a stupid question, but I did read the manual twice and still can't figurate it out.

Thanks.

Can I control the four RGBW chanels, say for kitchen counter light, and at the same time use the inputs to monitor C02 and temp sensors - without input readings have direct affect on the RGBW output chanels?

It might be a stupid question, but I did read the manual twice and still can't figurate it out.

Thanks.

No you can not, when you can configure module as RGBW it auto configure inputs to control the outputs.

without input readings have direct affect on the RGBW output chanels?

I also had exactly the same question and played with the device a bit to understand how it works. Unfortunately not, as zwaveindia answered.

It could be really awsome to get a device with 4 independent inputs + 4 independent outputs!

• 2 weeks later...
Can we activate scenes with rgbw dimmer - 4 swithes ?

Yes. I personally use a sensor input as a trigger for a scene - works fine.

But it is also possible to use a switch. You configure channel as "output" and then select switch type in configuration (momentary, toggle). With a next push (or state change for toggle) the output state will change so you can use it as a trigger in your scene.

Neveretheless it is just a single click (state change) that you can use. The functionality is not as wide as in Fibaro dimmers' association (parameter 41). To have a device (RGBW+) similar to Fibaro dimmer in terms of association, but with 4 channels will be awesome!

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

So the swith configuration in lua is the same. Like for sw1 one click is 16 and for sw2-26 and ...sw4-46?

What version do you have or how do you triger the scene?

So the swith configuration in lua is the same. Like for sw1 one click is 16 and for sw2-26 and ...sw4-46?

Unfortunately I did not get it.

For RGBW module you have to select

1) Device type "Controlled device: Output / Input"

2) In "Choose input / output" section set channels as output - for those where you want to catch a click/state change event, f.ex. you can configure all 4 channels.

3) In LUA use something like this:

Please login or register to see this code.

It's not tested but should work. As I told - in my case I use a sensor readout as a trigger.

What version do you have or how do you triger the scene?

My scene is quite big. It is a bathroom scene but is quite complicated. But if you are qurious, I can post it.

HC2 3.580, RGBW module 22.22

Please send the code.

Ok, since you ask, I will do it. But as I told it is complicated and not optimal. Neverthereless RGBW + Aeon motion do the following in my bathroom:

1) If door is opened or closed (channel B) > a small mirror lamp turns on (ch. G)

2) If motion is detected (aeon) > both mirror lamp (ch. G) and spotlights (ch. R) turn on

3) With closed door if motion is detected between 7 and 120 seconds, light will be always on, until the door will open

4) With closed door if motion is not detected for 120 seconds > all light will turn turn off

5) With opened door and no motion for 5 minutes > all light will turn turn off

The requirement 3 came after some experience. My installed motion sensor does not cover the whole area in bathroom. So when I took the shower for a long time - light can be switched off. So it was fixed by a detection in interval after entrance. It starts to detect after 7 seconds to avoid "old motion sensor state". As I told it is really complicated

/emoticons/default_icon_mrgreen.gif" alt=":mrgreen:" />

The code:

Please login or register to see this code.