Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro smoke detector fgsd-002 unboxing and comparison

Guest Paweł Świerczyński

Guest Paweł Świerczyński

Unboxing New Smoke Detector FGSD-002

Comparison Old and New Smoke Detector

I think that second video says it all, get a Nest Protect. If it takes that long to detect that amount of visible smoke, how would it ever detect slow burning material.

Guest Paweł Świerczyński
  • Topic Author
  • I think Smoke Detecctor is realy good device, and its not take so long to firs react.

All Nest Product working on the cloud and i think it worst than time react of smoke detector.

Whole google know what happen in your home, i think is the reason that some country stop selling Nest product.

I think that second video says it all, get a Nest Protect. If it takes that long to detect that amount of visible smoke, how would it ever detect slow burning material.

You can not say on seeing this video what kind of smoke is used to test te smokesensor.  Even with official test gas with that amount it take a few seconds to get a reaction of the smoke sensor.

When you looking into history of fibaro you will see some grafic. But it depends on how fast you want to react this sensor.

First you need to know how and on what based a smoke sensor works, then how to test it and also at what point a smokesensor need to react.

Your conclusion its reacting to slow is not a good one

Well what I do not want from a smoke sensor is being able to select a sensitivity. Thats the most stupid thing i've ever heard of. I've done considerable tests with Fibaro smoke sensors and the answer from Fibaro to when it does not alert is in relation to the sensitivity. I hope any one that has these has non-sensitive fires that set off the alarm, oh and the fact that fibaro take no responsibility for it not going off.

Well what I do not want from a smoke sensor is being able to select a sensitivity. Thats the most stupid thing i've ever heard of.

If you say that about a smoke sensor and configuration you really don't know what you are talking about. With professional installation on fire detection, intelligent smoke sensors are configurable on the sensitivity. You can discuss on with situation what kind of sensitivity it needs but that's a different story, And with the default setting it response well, test it my self. I got years of experience on fire detection with one of international leading company's and really know how and on what based these things need to work and how to test it. Did official test my self and it's working good

And yes i had also a smoke sensor that was no good, send it back, get new one and no problems no more.I advice you do the same, you got warranty by your manufacturer.

• 4 weeks later...

but what is now the real diffrent between does two. is it wise to change them for the newer one?

Louder siren, some minor adjustments which allowed us to get more certificates, Z-wave gen5 chip which has better range. New version however lacks connectors for external DC supply - some certificates forced us to remove them due to requirement of smoke detectors to be battery operated.