Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Advanced Radiation Monitor (ARM) VD standalone 2.2

(0 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

IMPORTANT NOTICE!

This VD is currently not working since  Radioactive@Home website has changed their map. All users that installed this VD please DELETE it or at least DISABLE it since it can produce some problems on your HC2. Sorry for the inconvenience.

INTRODUCTION

ARM VD collects radiation levels from all available stations around the world and shows 5 nearest stations to your location and one station with highest reading. It is using map of radiation detector stations on Radioactive@Home website. Radioactive@Home is a Polish science project using the distributed computing capabilities of the BOINC platform. The main goal of the project is to create a free and continuously updated map of radiation levels available for everyone, by gathering information about gamma radiation using sensors connected to the computers of volunteers willing to participate in the project. Project is completely non-commercial, participating will be free of charge (excluding cost of detector) and the software will be licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL).

PREREQUISITES
  • Fibaro Home Center 2 with firmware 4.120 or greater

FEATURES

• ARM VD collects radiation levels from all available stations around the world and shows 5 nearest stations to your location and one station with highest readings
  • Simple installation and setup.
  • Uses Developer HERE Geocode API freemium plan to show radiation monitor station location, nearest city name and country.
  • Multi-language support with 27 languages included.
  • Easy setup for VD icons (on UHASTM compatible version is this even easier)
  • Global variables are automatically added, monitored and repaired.

INSTALLATION

Please check provided User Manual where all steps are explained in detail

PACKAGE CONTENT

• Advanced Radiation Monitor VD v2.2 standalone
  • Colorful icon pack
  • User Manual v1.2 EN

CREDITS

Many thanks to BodyArt and gucio1234 from Fibaro forum for help with coding, testing, translations and user manual and andre from http://forum.lic.pl for the original idea.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

Permission to use, copy, modify and distribute this software and its documentation for educational, research, personal use and non-profit purposes, without fee and without a signed licensing agreement is hereby granted, provided that the copyright notice, with "Terms and conditions" and "Disclaimer" appear in all copies, modifications and distributions. It is strictly forbidden to sell, rent, lease and/or lend this software for profit without prior consent from the Author.

DISCLAIMER

This software is provided by copyright owner "as is" and any express or implied warranties, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose are disclaimed. In no event shall the author and distributor be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, or consequential damages (including, but not limited to, procurement of substitute goods or services; loss of use, data, or profits; or business interruption) however caused and on any theory of liability, whether in contract, strict liability, or tort (including negligence or otherwise) arising in any way out of the use of this software, even if advised of the possibility of such damage.

Fibar Group S.A. and their employees are not responsible for support of the ARM VD. Please contact the author Sankotronic, on the Fibaro Forum, for any questions or support required.

VERSION HISTORY

2.2 – Corrected bug that was stopping code on error if HERE service does not send city name for the location provided by VD.

2.1 – Replaced Google location service to get nearest city name and country and introduced HERE service. Also moved code for getting country and city name for location of the station from scene to Update button on VD.

2.0 – Completely revamped ARM VD to show five nearest radiation measuring stations and the one with highest measuring. Also introduced Google service to retrieve nearest city name and country for the station location provided.

Here is look of the ARM VD:

2059896968_SAARMVDv2.2.thumb.png.b190d06ac427a3a9639352c66a03e40c.png

Enjoy coding and your new ARM virtual device! :-)

Sankotronic  

Edited by Sankotronic
VD currently does not work!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Witam

Czy orientuje się może Pan jak zaktualizować te informację o nazwię miasta.

Teraz widzę że HERE podzieliło osobno Java a osobno REST

hi,

unfortunately I can't enter the codes, I'll try any of them. there will be three separate codes compared to the guide. javascript, rest and OAuth 2.0 (JSON Web Tokens). Each gives you an access and a code.
nor do the icons appear. true, I'm sure I'm thinking very badly of sg, because so far no icon has appeared that I've uploaded. i don't understand what i don't pay so much attention to:
Thanks.

Hi @kopek,

Regarding HERE location services app ID and app Code, just login to your HERE account and first you will be presented with your projects:

Spoiler

334293480_HEREgeoLocation01.thumb.jpg.77198dcfe14be84e27e280ae6532524b.jpg

Now click on your project name and you will be presented with your project data:

Spoiler

1324631242_HEREgeoLocation02.thumb.jpg.c6ea8cc4185c0f64831d164ec729b7a8.jpg

For Advanced Radiation Monitor you need to use APP ID and APP CODE that is marked with red rectangle on above picture.

After you uploaded icons you need to find out their ID number. To do that you need to edit VD and click on main icon Change Icon button. Window will open with all imported icons. In Firefox just RIGHT click on icon and in drop menu select 'Save Image As...'. Browser will open window to save icon and there will be complete name of the icon. In name there is a number which you need to enter in ARM VD main loop:

Spoiler

1038832467_FindiconIDnumber.thumb.jpg.83e2abd34c31fcd85ac36bce8f99cf52.jpg

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

If you are unable to get those keys anymore because HERE change the way of authentication then you will not be able to use that option of the ARM VD. This is because new authentication requires HTTPS requests which can't be used inside VD and requires scene to be added. At this point I do not plan to do this changes since I'm busy with finishing UHAS ofr HC2 after which I will start with making UHAS for HC3 and HC3L.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Edited by Sankotronic

image.png.ec6d3b9628276c905f782dadb0995ad0.png

hello Sankotronic,

grateful thanks for the help!
Unfortunately for me, that bottom looks different.

On 2/21/2021 at 1:11 PM, Sankotronic said:

Szia @kopek,

A HERE helyszolgáltatások alkalmazásazonosítóját és alkalmazáskódját illetően csak jelentkezzen be HERE-fiókjába, és először bemutatja a projektjeit:

Tartalom elrejtése

334293480_HEREgeoLocation01.thumb.jpg.77198dcfe14be84e27e280ae6532524b.jpg

Most írja a projekt nevére, és megkapja a projekt adatait:

Tartalom elrejtése

1324631242_HEREgeoLocation02.thumb.jpg.c6ea8cc4185c0f64831d164ec729b7a8.jpg

A Speciális sugárzásfigyelőhöz az alkalmazásazonosítót és az alkalmazáskódot kell használni, amikor a piros tégla felhasználható a kép felett.

Az ikonok feltöltése után meg kell tudni az azonosító számukat. Ehhez szerkesztenie kell a VD-t, és mutat a fő ikonra az Ikon módosítása alatt. Megnyílik az ablak az összes importált ikonnal. A Firefox böngészőben található jobb gombbal az ikonra, és a legördülő menüben a "Kép mentése másként ..." lehetőségre. A böngésző megnyitja az ikont az ikon mentéséhez, és ott lesz az ikon teljes neve. A névben van egy szám, amelyet be kell írnia az ARM VD főhurokba:

Rejtett tartalom felfedése

1038832467_FindiconIDnumber.thumb.jpg.83e2abd34c31fcd85ac36bce8f99cf52.jpg

Remélem ez segít!

hello Sankotronic,

grateful thanks for the help!
Unfortunately for me, that bottom looks different.

or, I'm not using Firefox .... although I don't know if that could be the problem, because for some reason, unfortunately, I haven't been able to add a single icon anywhere.
the size is good, the extension is good, and does not appear, only a small square in the large square ...

IMPORTANT NOTICE!

This VD is currently not working since  Radioactive@Home website has changed their map. All users that installed this VD please DELETE it or at least DISABLE it since it can produce some problems on your HC2. Sorry for the inconvenience.