Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Advanced Battery Check (ABC) VD standalone 1.0

(0 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

INTRODUCTION

Advanced Battery Check VD (further in text ABC VD) scans for all included battery devices and adds them to the list sorted by either battery level, device ID or room ID depending on user settings. Also it can send list of all devices or just devices that needs battery to be replaced to e-mail and/or popup. Can also send push notification with the worst battery status.

PREREQUISITES

• Fibaro Home Center 2 with firmware 4.160 or greater

FEATURES

• Scans for all battery powered devices adds them to the list and shows their battery level status.
  • It is possible to scroll through the list of battery devices and see battery level, type, amount of battery needed for selected device and price of the battery (if entered by user).
  • Easy adding or removing battery devices to be ignored
  • Included 30 types of battery devices (products) in ABC VD version 1.0 for the list please check APPENDIX 2
  • Automatic recognition and adding of not included types of devices (products) for which user can setup battery type, amount needed and price
  • Predefined types of battery types including Unknown and Rechargeable
  • Sends list of all battery devices found or only dead devices and devices with battery level bellow 35% to e-mail and popup notification depending on user selection.
  • Calculates total price for devices that need battery replacement on the bottom of the list sent to e-mail (user need to setup currency and price for batteries)
  • Sends push notification for device with lowest battery level found or dead device
  • It can automatically remember date when battery is replaced on device after updating the list. This is done by comparing previous measured battery level with the currentone.
  • VD has built in multi-language support with 28 languages included (see APPENDIX 1 for the list). VD can use HC selected language or user can select any other available language. VD will be automatically translated to selected language (visible after refreshing page on browser or refreshing network data on Fibaro mobile application)
  • Easy setup for VD icons (on UHASTM compatible version is this even easier)
  • Global variables are automatically added, monitored and repaired and does not require user intervention

INSTALLATION

Please check provided User Manual and video provided by @MarcoTorino71:

PACKAGE CONTENT

• Advanced Battery Check VD v.1.0 Standalone
  • Icon pack
  • User manual EN

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

Permision to use, copy, modify and distribute this software and its documentation for educational, research, personal use and non-profit purposes, without fee and without a signed licencing agreement is hereby granted, provided that the copyright notice, with "Terms and conditions" and "Disclaimer" appear in all copies, modifications and distributions.

It is strictly forbidden to sell, rent, lease and/or lend this software for profit without prior consent from the Author.

DISCLAIMER

This software is provided by copyright owner "as is" and any express or implied warranties, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose are disclaimed. In no event shall the author and distributor be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, or consequential damages (including, but not limited to, procurement of substitute goods or services; loss of use, data, or profits; or business interruption) however caused and on any theory of liability, whether in contract, strict liability, or tort (including negligence or otherwise) arising in any way out of the use of this software, even if advised of the possibility of such damage.

Fibar Group S.A. and their employees are not responsible for support of the ABC VD. Please contact the author Sankotronic, on the Fibaro Forum, for any questions or support required.

VERSION HISTORY

1.0 – First release used as a base for UHAS version

Here is look of the ABC VD:

SA ABC VD v1.0 ext.png

Enjoy coding and your new ARM virtual device! :-)

Sankotronic

Edited by Sankotronic
Added video from @MarcoTorino71

• Like 8

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

sanko hi...

i imported VD and went through manual... why are all my batteries to 100%? and also many of them are not recognized at all...

what am i doing wrong... i was using your older battery info VD as well...

Guest Sankotronic

Posted

@ales13 ,

Devices that do not have information in database list are added by VD, but you need to define battery type for those devices. You will notice red question mark next to the battery emoji icon. Why there are many devices with 100% battery level is up to the system. This VD uses same function to get battery devices as my Battery check scene. You can also check what is status of battery for device using HC2 API rest interface.

Very nice VD, I'm impressed.

Unfortunatlly is does not work for a Danfoss sensor.

"zwaveCompany": "Danfoss",

Via the HC2 rest interface I see that my battery is at 82% but via the VD I get only !?

Where should I change it ??

Thank you for your help

Guest Sankotronic

Posted

28 minutes ago, Volpone said:

Very nice VD, I'm impressed.

Unfortunatlly is does not work for a Danfoss sensor.

"zwaveCompany": "Danfoss",

Via the HC2 rest interface I see that my battery is at 82% but via the VD I get only !?

Where should I change it ??

Thank you for your help

Hi @Volpone ,

ABC User Manual page 22:

1173341742_ABCmanualbattsetup.jpg.19b6e936f68c554ffae7241eb94edc0b.jpg

Wonderfull, it's working !!!

Many thanks for your quick answer ..

I really appreciate your help, it looks like I read the manual too quick...

HI @Sankotronic

after upgrading to FW 3.4, my flood sensor check fails.

Before the update I had no problem.

I tried to remove the VD and reinstall it, but the problem persists.

Do you know how I can solve?

Guest Sankotronic

Posted

Hi @MarcoTorino71 ,

After upgrading FW on flood sensor it gets new version and it is reported to ABC VD as NEW device which is not in the list of default devices. ABC VD actually did read its battery properties, but it shows instead of battery level to inform you that you have to define battery type for it.

All you have to do is to select this flood sensor and then go to the bottom buttons on VD and select battery type.

I can see that this sometimes mislead users thinking that there is something wrong with device, since I also use it to report dead devices. In next ABC VD version I will change that and still show device battery level and find another way to tell users that they need to select battery type of devices which are not in default database of ABC VD.

I can see that my previous post is about that problem too. :-)

Guest Sankotronic

Posted

On 6/8/2020 at 3:32 AM, net2 said:

Thanks Sankovic, again!

One question. Does the loop have to run every 10 seconds?

Hi @net2 ,

No, main loop does not need to repeat every 10 seconds. Can also loop every 20 seconds, but this really does not matter since I have many VD's that loop every 10 seconds. I decided to set this frequency because all that main loop does is checking integrity of the global variables used by VD and time when to run devices check. UHAS version of all my VD's depends on each other and 10 seconds to wait for any global variable to be repaired seems OK and all standalone versions just inherited this setting just to be easier for me to update both versions and have as less as possible changes in code.

Dear Sankotronic,
I installed ABC (Advanced Battery Check) in a new HC2, in the old HC2 I deleted the DV, but I can't delete the global variables, after deleting they return to the panel, how to delete? thank you

Guest Sankotronic

Posted

On 6/14/2020 at 10:18 AM, jorge rintaro said:

Dear Sankotronic,
I installed ABC (Advanced Battery Check) in a new HC2, in the old HC2 I deleted the DV, but I can't delete the global variables, after deleting they return to the panel, how to delete? thank you

Hi @jorge rintaro ,

if after deleting VD global variables are still added after deleting then just reboot HC2. VD is automatically adding all needed global variables so first delete VD then global variables.

Hi Sankotronic,
Unfortunately it didn't work for me. I deleted the Virtual Device and rebooted the HC2, but the three variables continue to appear (SymbolData, SymbolTable and SymbolMain).
I am also unable to delete directly in the Variables Panel using the delete button .... the DV is no longer available/ visible in HC2, I must be doing something wrong .... if you can help, thanks!

Guest Sankotronic

Posted

17 hours ago, jorge rintaro said:

Hi Sankotronic,
Unfortunately it didn't work for me. I deleted the Virtual Device and rebooted the HC2, but the three variables continue to appear (SymbolData, SymbolTable and SymbolMain).
I am also unable to delete directly in the Variables Panel using the delete button .... the DV is no longer available/ visible in HC2, I must be doing something wrong .... if you can help, thanks!

Hi @jorge rintaro ,

Mentioned global variables (SymbolData, SymbolTable and SymbolMain) are not added to system by ABC VD.

RTFM :-) 

Good Morning,

Thank you for your great work,

I've tested the VD and all working fine , and i have two questions:

how to make this update automatically twice a day?

is there a way to list all battery devices in one page ?

Thank you

1 minute ago, Elie said:

Good Morning,

Thank you for your great work,

I've tested the VD and all working fine , and i have two questions:

how to make this update automatically twice a day?

is there a way to list all battery devices in one page ?

Thank you

Hi,

I use Main Scene FTBE.

16 minutes ago, MarcoTorino71 said:

Hi,

I use Main Scene FTBE.

Thank you Marco

Though it seems little bit complicated.

Ill read it carefully

Hi, great VD - as usual from you :) thank you very much! I just have an issue with my Fibaro Temperature Bluetooth sensors, that are connected to Fibaro Heat controller units - they don't get detected, not even as unknown devices :(  VD shows me 14 battery devices, in reality I have 17 - I have three BT sensors, but they are connected to multiple Fibaro Heat Controllers, so in Fibaro they are multiplicated... I am using different VD for them (where I can specify device ID), but if would be nice to have it all together...