Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Weather State & Forecast suite standalone 2.8.1

(7 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

Weather State & Forecast suite standalone

UPDATED USER MANUAL (09/10/2021)

I have updated user manual and added chapter 6.4 Weather Forecast global variable and how to read it

In this chapter users can find how to get forecast data and use this data in their code.

Please click on this link to download user manual:  SA WS VD and WF VD User manual v2.3EN.pdf

UPGRADE PROBLEM?

Please check upgrade instructions in User manual or below in version history.

INTRODUCTION

Weather state & forecast module enhance HC2 weather capabilities. Weather State & Forecast module in its latest version works with five most popular weather services:

• OpenWeatherMap
  • Accu Weather NEW
  • WeatherBit
  • Weather HERE
  • Weather API NEW
  • Weather Underground NEW
  • Weather Underground PWS

bringing completely new level of weather experience to Fibaro Home Center 2 users.

PREREQUISITES

• Fibaro Home Center 2 with firmware 4.160 or greater with installed Weather provider plugin set as main weather provider.

• Sankotronic Lab Emoji VD standalone

• User account for at least one of the available weather services

FEATURES

• With Netatmo Weather station suite or Netatmo Public Weather station suite gives best support for Irrigation Control watering adjustment
  • Works with 7 most popular weather services on the planet
  • Regularly refreshes weather state and forecast
  • User can setup when forecast push and popup notifications will be sent same as e-mail with complete forecast
  • User can install more than one set of VD’s and follow weather for more than one place
  • It is now separated from Netatmo weather station but can still display Netatmo measurements (will be available only with UHAS version)
  • User can add additional sensor for lux and UV
  • Automatically finds weather provider plugin if installed and can then update weather on the HC2 web GUI and mobile applications
  • VD has built in multi-language support with 27 languages included (see APPENDIX 1 for the list). VD can use HC selected language or user can select any other available language. VD will automatically translate current weather and forecast data to selected language
  • Easy setup for VD icons. User can download HC2 Icon Preview VD to easily find icon ID numbers
  • Global variables are automatically added, monitored, repaired and cleaned and does not require user intervention
  • Supported are metric and imperial units for measured data. Wind speed can be set to show in meter per second (m/s) instead of km/h or mph

INSTALLATION AND UPGRADE

Please check provided User Manual

PACKAGE CONTENT

• Weather State VD v2.8.1
  • Weather Forecast VD v2.8.1
  • Weather Module scene v2.8.1 (only one scene needed for multiple VD installed) 
  • Icon pack 1 - standard HC weather icons
  • Icon pack 2 - flat weather icons provided by Wunderground
  • User manual EN v2.2

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

Permission to use, copy, modify and distribute this software and its documentation for educational, research, personal use and non-profit purposes, without fee and without a signed licensing agreement is hereby granted, provided that the copyright notice, with "Terms and conditions" and "Disclaimer" appear in all copies, modifications and distributions. It is strictly forbidden to sell, rent, lease and/or lend this software for profit without prior consent from the Author.

DISCLAIMER

This software is provided by copyright owner "as is" and any express or implied warranties, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose are disclaimed. In no event shall the author and distributor be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, or consequential damages (including, but not limited to, procurement of substitute goods or services; loss of use, data, or profits; or business interruption) however caused and on any theory of liability, whether in contract, strict liability, or tort (including negligence or otherwise) arising in any way out of the use of this software, even if advised of the possibility of such damage.

Fibar Group S.A. and their employees are not responsible for support of the ABC VD. Please contact the author Sankotronic, on the Fibaro Forum, for any questions or support required.

VERSION HISTORY

• 2.8.1 - Weather Unlocked forecast extended for better support for Irrigation Control VD. Also corrected Weather API rain precipitation display
  • 2.8 - Added new weather services and resolved some bugs, see bellow or User Manual for more details.
  • 2.7.1 - Corrected bug that prevented using Wunderground, corrected day/night weather icons and other bugs.
  • 2.7 - Added scene for safe communication with weather servers. Added e-mail notifications. Added 3 more weather services and updated WU service... For more detailed list check bellow
  • 2.4 – VD completely redesigned and added openweathermap 5 day / 3 hour forecast. VD's update is synced to always have up to date weather info. Solved some more bugs
  • 2.3.1 – Solved bug with Weather State VD update button
  • 2.3 – First release on Fibaro marketplace

Edited by Sankotronic
Uploaded new User Manual v2.3

What's New in Version 2.8.1   See changelog

Released

Changes in version 2.8.1

• Weather Unlocked daily and hourly forecast extended to 3 days to better serve Irrigation control watering adjustment. Changes are implemented in the scene

• Weather API forecast corrected to show properly rain precipitation on Forecast VD and in notifications.

Upgrade from v2.8 to v2.8.1

• Please download update package: Weather State and Forecast v2.8.1 standalone update.zip
  • Paste new scene and Weather Forecast code over the existing one
  • NOTE - this upgrade is necessary to be done before installing Irrigation Control VD

Upgrade from versions v2.7.1 and older to v2.8.1

• Please download full package: Weather State and Forecast v2.8.1 standalone.zip
  • First delete both VD and then global variables: WeatherMain, WeatherMain_XX, WeatherState and WeatherFore   - NOTE - it is important to first delete VD and then global variables because if first global variables are deleted then will be recreated with running VD.
  • First paste new scene code over the old one
  • Import Weather State VD and setup
  • Run scene manually to find imported Weather State VD
  • Import Weather Forecast VD and setup

• Like 12
  • Thanks 7

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

TomasD

Great plugin!

Thanks for the first advance forecast module!!!

I will use it for photovoltaic energy management.

Tomas

Link to review
janikjan

Great module, I just installed it! 

I have have one question. Am I able to somehow use wind speed data from my own sensor which I have installed on my HC2? I have analog wind speed meter connected to Fibaro Smart Implant and then I use that data as wind speed in my installation. It will be nice if I can also add it to your Weather Stats and Forecast module.

Thanks!

Link to review
rvsteenbergen

3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Fantastic! Thanks a lot for the huge work. Unbelievable one man can build this. And after al the work there above, makes it available for free. Great work. Much respect.

Link to review
Theo-Fibaro

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Nice for updating the Home screen. How can I use the added variables in LUA. Can't seem to find the right keywords for a google search 

Link to review
MDC

Nice plugin, i replace original Fibaro weather plugin, this allows me to select multiple providers for weather. 

Impressive work! 

Link to review
Giovanni_Genoa

I'm New to FIBARO and on going to install my HC2.

I observed that something was not going well with YR Weather, found many users claiming the same problem.

because of that I decided to use this feature. 

II am really satisfied about it, if some problem is because of my low knowledge.

Thanks @Sankotronic

Giovanni

Link to review
MOO

3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Finally a solution for good weather implementation in HC. Works like a charm after the V2.5 update. Very happy.

Thanx Sankotronic!!

Link to review