Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Main scene FTBE 1.3.4

(3 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

Main scene FTBE v1.3.4

UPDATE (30 December 2019)

Changed only Main scene FTBE code. Changed function for time of day calculation and added use of SleepState global to set time of day to morning when Awake and current time is between midnight and sunrise time.

KNOWN ISSUES v1.3.4

• Sunrise and Sunset VD will not show correctly default sunrise and sunset time set by user in Main scene in case that that times are used due to problem with HC settings.
  • If sunset time is before sunrise time then user must check that night time is not set to start after sunrise. Sunrise & Sunset VD does not check this time automatically.

INTRODUCTION

Main scene FTBE is the beating heart of the HA system. It is the only scene necessary to loop endlessly because it is the source of most important events generated on our gateways and that are time based events! It is looping once every minute making sure that our gateways are aware of the current time, part of the day, week, month and season of the year. Many actions done by our gateways are depending on current time like raising or lowering blinds, lighting control, waking up of our home and us, brewing coffee at proper time (this is extremely nice!), reminding us of important events and many other things. This scene will take care of that  by changing various global variables at appropriate time thus activating other scenes triggered by them and the user can even configure it to start other scenes or press buttons on VD's at predefined intervals or at scheduled times.

PREREQUISITES

• Fibaro Home Center 2 with firmware 4.110 or greater

FEATURES

• Consists of scene and three VD's. Main scene FTBE loops and takes care of all timers like darkness, time of day, week days, month and season. Can also be setup to run other scenes, activate buttons on VD's or change global variables value at predefined times. VD's are used to set values of timers and show them on HC2 interface
  • Can be setup to send push messages for scheduled execution of scenes and VD's
  • Can track users location and calculate distance from home
  • Darkness can be changed either by user set sunrise and sunset times or by light level measured by devices
  • Part of the used global variables are automatically added to the system by Sunrise & Sunset VD and are automatically repaired

INSTALLATION & UPGRADE

Please check provided User Manual where all steps are explained in detail and check video from @MarcoTorino71:

PACKAGE CONTENT

• Main scene FTBE v1.3.4
  • Sunrise & Sunset VD v1.4.0
  • Home Status VD v1.0
  • Home Timers VD v1.0.1
  • Icons for scene and VD's
  • User Manual EN v1.3

CREDITS

Many thanks to many Fibaro forum users for help with testing and suggestions for improvements.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

Permission to use, copy, modify and distribute this software and its documentation for educational, research, personal use and non-profit purposes, without fee and without a signed licensing agreement is hereby granted, provided that the copyright notice, with "Terms and conditions" and "Disclaimer" appear in all copies, modifications and distributions.

It is strictly forbidden to sell, rent, lease and/or lend this software for profit without prior consent from the Author.

DISCLAIMER

This software is provided by copyright owner "as is" and any express or implied warranties, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose are disclaimed. In no event shall the author and distributor be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, or consequential damages (including, but not limited to, procurement of substitute goods or services; loss of use, data, or profits; or business interruption) however caused and on any theory of liability, whether in contract, strict liability, or tort (including negligence or otherwise) arising in any way out of the use of this software, even if advised of the possibility of such damage.

Fibar Group S.A. and their employees are not responsible for support of the Main scene FTBE. Please contact the author Sankotronic, on the Fibaro Forum, for any questions or support required.

Edited by Sankotronic
Added video from @MarcoTorino71

What's New in Version 1.3.4   See changelog

Released

UPDATE (30 December 2019)

• changed function for time of day calculation and added use of SleepState global to set time of day to morning when Awake and current time is between midnight and sunrise time

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Can these VD's and scene be used in combination with triggers like door lock, Fibaro buton etc - and then based on "Home status"? And is it possible to start Sonos, weather report/forecast etc - or do i need other VDScene's

Guest Sankotronic

Posted

Hi @@jorgei ,

Main scene with it's companion VD's is mainly responsible for time based events and actions or repeating actions, it runs in continuous loop and it is not supposed to be triggered by any sensors.

Hi, love this script it is running great on my HC2. 

Question? Can I use a global variable to trigger a VD action?

local runVDSchedHour     = {{"00:05"}, {"21:00"}, {"07:30"}, {"23:59"}, {"19:30"}, {fibaro:getGlobalValue("AlarmClockTime1")}}

I am trying to use the alarm global variable to start the heating however, the time changes between 06:30 and 07:30 on different days.

I had tried using fibaro:getGlobalValue("AlarmClockTime1") and HC:getGlobalValue("AlarmClockTime1") and the inital value is there at startup, but does not change when the variable changes.

Any help will be much appreciated.

1 hour ago, red1leader said:

Hi, love this script it is running great on my HC2. 

Question? Can I use a global variable to trigger a VD action?

local runVDSchedHour     = {{"00:05"}, {"21:00"}, {"07:30"}, {"23:59"}, {"19:30"}, {fibaro:getGlobalValue("AlarmClockTime1")}}

I am trying to use the alarm global variable to start the heating however, the time changes between 06:30 and 07:30 on different days.

I had tried using fibaro:getGlobalValue("AlarmClockTime1") and HC:getGlobalValue("AlarmClockTime1") and the inital value is there at startup, but does not change when the variable changes.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Don't worry figured it out thanks

On 1/12/2019 at 9:35 PM, Sankotronic said:

Hi @@jorgei ,

Main scene with it's companion VD's is mainly responsible for time based events and actions or repeating actions, it runs in continuous loop and it is not supposed to be triggered by any sensors.

Hi! 

Thank you for all your great work and sharing. Much appreciated!

Could you elaborate how you use the different VD? For instance, how do you use the SleepState, PresentState, HouseAlarm, AlarmState in Home Status? If you click "Arming", what does that trigger in your set-up? 

Maybe you have explained this somewere, and given examples. If so, my apologies, I havnt found this. 

Br,

Frank

Guest Sankotronic

Posted

Hi Frank,

SleepState, PresentState, HouseAlarm, AlarmState should be changed by other code that is responsible to set those states depending on situation. Buttons on this VD are merely to use for demo or test purposes.

Of course other code can use this VD buttons to change state but that is up to the user to decide how will implement it.

• Like 1

I understand that user can define and decide how to use the system, I'm struggelig with how :)

Will the  HouseAlarm state be changed based on input from the standard Alarm Panel?

I have a button in the garage, when I push it twice it triggers a scene which again turns off all light in the house, and now :) sets the status as Away. This done with by my scene, "pushing" btnAway. Should I rather change the global variable to "Away", would that be a better way to set it up?

Is there a way to do the following:

1)

if I click "Partly Armed" on VD
then All Door and window sensors is armed (shell alarm)
if breached 

then sound alarm and flash lights (like the alarm panel)

2)

if I click "Armed" on VD

then All Door, window and movement sensors is armed

if breached 

then sound alarm and flash lights (like the alarm panel)

I guess 1) and 2) above are more a question of how you implement the alarm into the system (and other equipment). For instance when we leave for holiday I have to go into the Heating Panel and change to holiday mode, the alarm panel and activate alarm, turn off lights and click "Holiday" on PresentState. 

What I'm searching for is an easier set-up which my wife and kids can handel and understand. Like your VD. If they push Holiday, the heating changes, alarm is activeted (with a delay), lights are off, notifications of status sent each morning etc.

Hi Frank,

Sankotronic can better explain his VD.

I have a hardware button, anyone in the house can press it and it will first check if doors and windows are closed(Sankotronic) if not it will play loud music by my Sonos. No need for a laptop or tavblet

If all is well you will have 45 sec to leave the property and it will be armed.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2019 at 4:46 PM, Sjakie said:

Hi Frank,

Sankotronic can better explain his VD.

I have a hardware button, anyone in the house can press it and it will first check if doors and windows are closed(Sankotronic) if not it will play loud music by my Sonos. No need for a laptop or tavblet

If all is well you will have 45 sec to leave the property and it will be armed.

Hi Sjakie,

Also interested in your setup :) What you describe sounds interesting. Care to share your scene? I'm not sure of how to arme the alarm easily without using the "alarm panel". 

Hi,

This is the base my box with presence actions.

Inside 2 dubble Fibaro relais

PresenceBox.jpg

No VD just press button and get out!!!

I am a beginner and ...cannot make it work, despite all my attempts.

I have the VD, displays correctly the sunrise and sunset.

sunset.JPG.b4679dab28c6c6f903893b46646b71a6.JPGscenes.JPG.92238ad223e8fcd30d74a5b89f56201f.JPG

And I have created this scene below (above you can see it is on, also main scene FTBE is running), hoping that the two lights will turn on when sunset time is reached.

Do I need anything else? something else has to be done? It is not working, but as I have never done something like this, maybe I am missing something.....

Thank you for any help you may provide!

lights.JPG.d7048000ec74e1605ca776ca5b8f3493.JPG

hi, as mentioned before I am not familiar with VD's but you should be able to select a trigger. Something as

image.thumb.png.dc6c89302216fb4f4e9ac21ebf547bd4.png

I have nothing on the green as options (like you have Armed)....I put on yellow ==, >.... no results. 

Maybe I don't understand the #sunset function....

Icannot make the sunset work.

i got error in line 72.: Attemt to perform arithmetic on local 'origminute' (a nil value)

Hello, you did not set sunsettime.

Create new scene

Select devices    select timers    select sunset

then

frontdoor>>>>on

and

terrace>>>>>on

save

Succes light should switch on by sunset

Guest Sankotronic

Posted

Hello all!

I have uploaded new version 1.3.3 of Main scene FTBE that should solve some of the problems with time calculations. It will be available as soon as forum administrators approve it.

Thank you for using this scene! :-) 

Witam

O co chodzi z tym

Gdzie mogę wyłączyć demo

[DEBUG] 22:22:44: Main scene FTBE version 1.3.4 - © 2016-2019 Sankotronic
[DEBUG] 22:22:44: Current seconds: 44 sec. Aligning to next minute...
[DEBUG] 22:23:00: Scene running
[DEBUG] 22:23:00: Day start: 10:38, Night start: 18:43, Raise blinds: 10:38, Now is: 22:23
[DEBUG] 22:23:00: DEMO MODE ON! Home timers and geolocation will NOT update. User code will execute
[DEBUG] 22:23:00: Sunrise: 07:38 (set:07:38) Sunset: 15:43 (set:15:43)
[DEBUG] 22:23:00: Missing global variable for Darkness and/or Time Of Day
[DEBUG] 22:23:00: Scene idle