Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

FGS221 stops sending status changes over zwave

fb

Question

Hello all,

I have a small zwave system based on the vera lite home center. The following devices are present on the zwave network:

5x FGS221

2x FGD211

1x everspring flood sensor

1x everspring door contact

All FGS221 devices are working correct after installation. They send status changes directly to the home center and to associated devices. After a while, the devices stops sending status changes to the home center and to associated devices. There seems a relation with the amount of switches made before the modules stops sending status changes.

I tried to re-join the devices to the zwave network. They start working again for a while before stopping again. The only other option seems to switch off and on mains supply, then the modules start working again for a while.

I tried as much I could think of, but the devices just stops sending status changes after a while. This is not how it is supposed to be!

Polling the devices still work, but is just not good enough. Polling time can take up to several 10's of seconds, which is really inconvenient! Local switching also keeps working.

It seems there is some firmware issue withe the FGS221 devices. I really would like some solutions before buying other devices. One solution would be some sort of soft reset of the modules over the z-wave network. In that case the soft-reset could be performed by the home center every night or so. Tips are welcome!

Regards,

Frank

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet