Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

FGS211 always on

diderik

Question

I have several Fibaro micromodule dimmers and 2 way switches but only one 1 way 3kW switch (FGS211). They modules are all added to an aeon labs z-stick controlled by homeseer, and have been working well for six months or so. Now, I'm having trouble with the FGS211. Lately it has not been possible to turn it off. The status is reported in homeseer as on or off according to what it was last set to, but the connected appliances are always on. If I cut the power, homeseer does not get any status update (obviuosly). When I turn the FGS211 on/off, there is an audible click (as before) but there is still power. The electrical wires have not been touched. Also, I have tried resetting and re-adding the FGS211, but it still does not work.

Any idea what the problem might be? Do I need to change the unit?

Best,

Diderik

7 answers to this question

I got same problem 3 days ago.. Did not find solution to fix. Change it to new one. (

And One of my Fibaro wall plug also has issue.. If you get out of the socket then memory is cleared, HC2 mark it as dead node.

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_sad.gif" alt=":-(" />(

[ Added: 2013-06-02, 14:56 ]

And can anybody explain how to start scene by Lili? For devices like fibaro relays Lili works ok but not for scenes.. Lili says unknown command

@diderik I had this same situation after setting switch off delay.

@olegarhas Lili does not work for scenes, yet.

• Inquirer
  • Thanks for you reply, ejsi!

But what do you mean by setting switch off delay? Is my module broken?

• Inquirer
  • Hm. I'm not using HC2, but rather Homeseer with Aeon z-stick. There is no such setting, and I hadn't changed anything when the module started to misbehave.

So find parameter 4 and 5 in homeseer. But I think is better if you go on forum of homeseer

• Inquirer
  • Thank you all for your replies. I don't think this is a Homecenter or Homeseer issue, but a micromodule issue. The problem even persists if I shut down the controller and operate the relay directly.

Now I get what you're saying about the parameters. I changed parameter 4 to 0. There does not seem to be a parameter 5 for the single relay (5 is for the second relay in the double relay modules). Sadly setting parameter 4 to 0 changes nothing.

[ Added: 2013-06-04, 14:48 ]

I was hoping for someone from to Fibaro to comment. Should I do some further testing, or should I contact the retailer and ask for a new module?

[ Added: 2013-07-16, 11:51 ]

OK, time for an update:

I've contacted the distributor, and he's had a look at the module and then sent me a new one. It was installed, and worked well for two weeks. Then the same thing happened again. Once again, the distributor swapped the modules, the new one was installed and worked well for three weeks. And yesterday, again the module fails to switch off the lights. Neither switch, remote, association nor the button on the micromodule turns the power off (but triggers state change and sends it to the controller).

What on earth could be the problem here? This is driving me crazy.There's hardly any load on this circuit, and my electrician must have hooked the wires up correctly or else it wouldn't have worked for weeks at first? What would happen if there was a short circuit peripheral to the micromodule? Would the power be constantly on or off?

Please reply!