Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Farewell

robmac

Farewell to all you guys.

As Fibaro censors anything they do not like I will no longer be using this forum.

Matter of principle and a belief in free speech.

Please login or register to see this link.

Farewell to all you guys.

As Fibaro sensors anything they do not like I will no longer be using this forum.

Matter of principle and a belief in free speech.

Robert, they can not be understood your point of view

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

It's a shame to leave the forum

/emoticons/default_icon_cry.gif" alt=":cry:" /> you are a user who brings a lot to the community.

Guys ! Please!, during festive season

/emoticons/default_icon_eek.gif" alt=":shock:" />

Guest Fidziu

robmac,

I explainded you all, I think. If you do not understand this i cant do anything more.

Wow, bad move guys. Although Robmac contributes an awful lot to this forum, this should not be a factor here. But in general sensorship is bad, even if it's the manufacturer's forum.

@robmac, will you be contributing to other forums?

What happen robmac, can you explain me here or by mp please.

It is very sad if you leave.

• Topic Author
  • Please login or register to see this link.

heading over here

I understand you Robmac, that was a very insteresting post.

So for me is normal to post things like that.

We ask fibaro for a debug panel since long time to see when we have problem where z-wave block in the house.

So for that I say +1 for robmac.

But after I think fibaro can't allow post like that for bad advertising and may be obligation for the propriaty of z-wave protocol.

So For finish I think Robmac did good choice to post that and fibaro must think for a debugging system.

Too bad

/emoticons/default_sad.png" alt=":(" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks for all the Sheduler, it's awesome.

Guest Fidziu

Guys,

This case is extreamly sipmle. And has nothing to do with advertising.

I explained robmac, everthink in pm.

I see that rumor is growing so I will post it official explanation.

Its illegal to promote/show how to/explain hacking anything under polish law.

forum.fibaro.com sever is located in poland so we have to hold on this principles. Thats all.

I've not seen what Robmac posted, but your explanation is not convincing in my opinion. In my book hacking is "finding a way to do something with the system, that the creator did not intend for it to do".

So if what you say is true and hacking in any form is prohibited under Polish law, then the Toolkit of Krikroff should be banned too. But Fibaro representatives have actively contributed to that topic. So apparently Fibaro accepts this toolkit. But it's still hacking and if Fibaro was straight, they should have removed it immediately.

If Robmac posted something that you did not like to be done to your system, then be honest about it and don't tell stories about laws. We all know the HC2 isn't as open as Vera and you don't have to assist in providing access to your system in any way. That includes removing posts from the forum describing items you don't want people to be able to do about your system, that's justified if you ask me.

Just be honest about it.

No toolkit use an api so it is not hack.

The post of Robmac use a special device connect to computer with usb who spoof the z-wave to replace box and where you see all data on your z-wave network. That is very a hack.

Guest Lode
    No toolkit use an api so it is not hack.

The post of Robmac use a special device connect to computer with usb who spoof the z-wave to replace box and where you see all data on your z-wave network. That is very a hack.

So how safe is our system ?

I'm a little bit worried here.

So how safe is our system ?

I'm a little bit worried here.

This is z-wave protocol in common, not only Fibaro that should be worried about how easy it is to override the chip security.

Guest GG

I think the key point here is to explain to everybody that z-wave might not be so secure and reliable as you might think after all. I wrote in another post a couple of days ago that I would never base my security system of the house on z-wave (or any other wireless technique for that matter). This is mainly bacause this sytem is not stable enough and, as we now know, might not be secure enough either. There are a lot of jammers on the market that can interfear with radio communication. This means that I myself would never have a security system based on wireless devices. All wireless devices, including wifi, gsm and others can be jammed and are potentially vulberable to hacking.

This is important information to people thinking of investing a lot of money in z-wave security products. First of all, people might think they have a secure system when they in fact don't. Secondly, information should never be sensored. Of course, if the laws of a country prohibits certain information to be distributed, we must follow that. But the information that z-wave CAN be hacked is important to tell everybody.

As I see it, in this case, there seem to be some flaws in the firmware of the lock. This has nothing to do with the encryption used in z-wave, but rather a bad implementation of z-wave in the lock. Or have I misunderstod anything here?

This brings up the question if the same flaws exist in fibaro products? I mean, can the hc2 or fibaro devices (or any other z-wave device) be put out of order because of someone transmitting erronious packets to the z-wave network? Everybody remembers the digital tv-cards that could be hacked some 10 years ago. The cards were vulnerable to erronious information sent to them and in that case revealed data that should not be official. It has happend before and will happen again.

Guest Kuuno

Bare in mind that locks have aes encryption but this is not mandatory on all devices. How are other zwave devices then secured? Aeonlabs 4-1 sensor for instance, if it is not encrypted then can be disarmed very easy?

I think not everybody can do that, you must a minimum requirement to do that.

After, everybody know wireless is not the most secrure system. But before go in your house people must know you have z-wave system.

So for you don't must be worried about that.

And for me the good things, it with some hacks like that protocl z-wave can me more secure with hacks and resolution of bugs.

Guest Lode

I think it's better to have a basic security system rather then have nothing.

How big is the z wave community ?

None of my friends have ever heard about z wave.

How big is the chance that an intruder stays at my front door trying to scramble the signal ?

A couple of camera's can help already.

Almost everything that sends out a signal is not safe.

A professional intruder will get in your house.

Pointing a gun to your head and you will shut down your security system yourself.

A couple of years ago i had a burglary in my garage.

If i had had a camera and a doorsensor i'm sure the damage was less.

It's a pity that robmac is leaving. He's been a great value to that Forum. I hope Fibaro will not loose more members like him...

Anyway, nowadays it doesn't make sense to censor anything on the internet. If not here anyone can publish it somewhere else. Here at least Fibaro can see it and react.

What a shame

/emoticons/default_icon_cry.gif" alt=":cry:" />

The worst in that case is: you'll think twice before you tell what's on your mind. Or, like robmac, search some other place where you can say it without getting banned. Pity.

Trying to censor internet is plain dumb stupid.

nieskromny, he is NOT banned