Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro HC2 unresponsive

JanRemco

Question

Hi, after working relatively troublefree for half a year, the last two weeks the zwave seems to freeze. I can log into the HC2 by computer and tablet, I can use the buttons to switch lamps on and off.

The button will change, the lamps/appliances will not. Only way this gets working again is resetting the HC2 every day.

My dutch dealer has no experience with this problem, and Fibaro only gives this suggestion:

"Please try decreasing frequency of power reports"

When telling them i do not now how, this was the answer:

"In advanced settings you can adjust how often reports are send. You can check in the manual parameters. Please change it to less frequent reports and check if it improves the situation. Please inform us about the results."

Still don't know what to change. Finally it dawned unto me: Maybe he is asking me to change some parameter in every device??? But nah, that would be silly. those are all in the default state. And then he would have explained to me what parameter, and to what.

Surely?

So my hope is that someone can explain what i have to do, in a few more words than i get from fibaro support.

I work in the only stable release, 3.590. Not interested to be a beta-victim.

7 answers to this question

Hi,

I have since 3 weeks exactly the same issue, since 2 weeks I have also the buttons are working (lights on / off), but none of the scenes are working anymore. I have to reboot to get it work again. I have sent this to the supportdesk, but they are too slow. The answer is wait till we login to check what is wrong, that is great, because every evening when I get to home, none of the lights turns on, it's cold in the house because the scene that turns the boiler is doesn't work. So I have to reboot it to get everthing work again. It seems there is no log files of what so ever, so they can't check it afterwards...

Oh yeah.... I have changed anything in the last 4 weeks, finally it was stable.

• Inquirer
  • I still have no idea how to fix this, it is really annoying, as i had thought to use the fibaro for my heating too.

Now i just have to wake up and realise that this system cannot be trusted with important tasks as my heating, my alarm, and the timing on my aquaria, as macro's can become unresponcive without any reason.

Yep, Yep, I am really sorry to say. You are another Fibaro Victim. And nobody can tell why or whom are becoming a fictie. It is just random as many people are also happy with Fibaro.

I came to the conclusion. Only use it for basic light switchen anything else you can't trust it.

I now have 4.022 and the Fibaro ghost has gone for now. But who knows when or if it will return

When telling them i do not now how, this was the answer:

"In advanced settings you can adjust how often reports are send. You can check in the manual parameters. Please change it to less frequent reports and check if it improves the situation. Please inform us about the results."

Still don't know what to change. Finally it dawned unto me: Maybe he is asking me to change some parameter in every device??? But nah, that would be silly. those are all in the default state. And then he would have explained to me what parameter, and to what.

Surely?

If you have a dialogue with support then tell them you don't understand what they mean and they will explain further. It's as simple as that.

Same problem here, no problem for weeks and now it freezes every day.

(I add a second camera, video gate and a motion sensor in the last days).

HCL Version 3.593

I't interesting, as according to my observation during the summer system reports much less dead devices and issues with z-wave network...

Maybe it's something connected with waves propagation in cold conditions (some got frozen)

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_evil.gif" alt=":evil:" />

Today I have a freeze every 4 hours. Reboot is needed. When I turn a light on it takes 2 minutes before it goes on. Yesterday it was working..... and nothing is changed.