Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

How to display black box data for smoke sensors?

goran

Question

How do you display the black box data for Fibaro smoke sensors?

I have many smoke sensors, all battery powered, and I have not managed to see the data on anyone. When viewing the device I get the "Smoke history" graph but I can only see the temperature history. Pressing "Load black box data" appears to do absolutely nothing, although sometimes when viewing the overview page with all devices I can see "Waiting for wake up" a couple of minutes for the smoke sensor, but the message then goes away and I never get any data.

This is on v4.031.

14 answers to this question

goran, till you will dont have any fire you will saw only line who show 0

I thought it would also show temperature change in the blackbox , and maybe if somebody would smoke inside the room a rise of smoke would be shown in the blackbox. So if I understand the blackbox just shows a zero if no smoke is detected and a 1 if smoke is detected ?

fuuss, no, there is a scale 0 -> 255

example

no smoke = 0

candle or other very small smoke 1- around 50

cigarette 20+

hmm strange mine is always at 0 , even smoking , should i delete device and add it again , should that work ?

do you was got alarm when you smoke?

if no means it is to low level to start reporting

Black box start when is alarm we can't log all data every 10s it was impossible for battery and space in back box

Hmm seems logic , I will try to force alarm, and see what the blackbox will show

Thank you for the clarification

I might be a bit slow, but should I see a graph for smoke or not? Right now it only show temp.

I have triggered the smoke alarm (by open fire) and the strange thing is that the reading only say 39.70 before I removed the detector. Because i hold it i can definitely say that it was alot hotter than that.

Can that have something to do with parameter 88? I have it on default - no compensation.

Shouldn't the detector trigger on smoke aswell, right now im not sure how much it would take, I'm abit sceptical...

yes set parameters 88 on 1 (include) and set up parameters 85 on lower value, or use cigarette and push smoke to sensor

I'll try to trigger it with smoke only tonight.

But why does it stor the value 39.70 - and not something higher than 54?

w/o parameter 88 on 1 you need have temperature from parameters 85 to start alarm

Hmm... I can see something in the Blackbox. (See attached image) But what does this mean? Shade2:2,25? Somebody know?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Can someone pls explain the Shade2 parameter?

I have had a false alarm (which gave me a heartattack) due to the value rising to 255...

It shows the level of smoke detected. It these peaks cause alarms you should use some some compressed air to clean chamber or consider warranty.