Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Compatibility of Aeotec Z-wave Devices on Home Centers (HC2 & HCL)

chaicka

Question

It is a pity that many of Aeotec Z-wave devices are not tested or found compatible with Fibaro's Home Centers (HC2 and HCL). A strengthening of collaboration between both firms would really benefit consumers as well as help build up stronger Z-wave communities and markets.

Please login or register to see this link.

It has taken fibaro at least 3 years to implement a template for the aeotech rgbw bulb. So, now that they have, I have reconfigured the device to get this new functionality and now I can change it's colour, great, but the device is no longer registered as a light! And there doesn't seem to be a way to tell fibaro that it is a light. Well done fibaro, 1 step forward, 2 steps back. Not only that, the device now does not show up on my phones or tablets. It is exactly this kind of botched and tardy approach that will see the death of your company as other manufacturers produce solutions that do actually work. I haven't been prepared to buy any z-wave device for over a year because I can't trust fibaro to get their act together and support the hardware that we consumers are going to buy. 3 years to get a bulb working and even then it is worse than before they "supported" it!

On 12/28/2017 at 7:30 PM, MartW said:

It has taken fibaro at least 3 years to implement a template for the aeotech rgbw bulb. So, now that they have, I have reconfigured the device to get this new functionality and now I can change it's colour, great, but the device is no longer registered as a light! And there doesn't seem to be a way to tell fibaro that it is a light. Well done fibaro, 1 step forward, 2 steps back. Not only that, the device now does not show up on my phones or tablets. It is exactly this kind of botched and tardy approach that will see the death of your company as other manufacturers produce solutions that do actually work. I haven't been prepared to buy any z-wave device for over a year because I can't trust fibaro to get their act together and support the hardware that we consumers are going to buy. 3 years to get a bulb working and even then it is worse than before they "supported" it!

I think the case is vice versa... the device is a light and there is no way to change it (in my case this is a problem).

You can see it on dashboard, when you turn off / on the number of lights changes.

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2017_12/Capture.JPG.b05cccf63a31a7af5ab3c9ee90d86f38.JPG" alt="Capture.JPG.b05cccf63a31a7af5ab3c9ee90d86f38.JPG" />

In addition using API you can see parameter "isLight" set to true. Here an example of Aeon RGBW bulb API:

Please login or register to see this code.

Edited by cag014

Please add support for Smart Dimmer 6 (ZW099-C16). I updated it with

Try to include it (security mode). Got a lot devices! ;D

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Like 1

On 28-1-2018 at 10:53 AM, Lambik said:

Please add support for Smart Dimmer 6 (ZW099-C16). I updated it with

Try to include it (security mode). Got a lot devices! ;D

Please login or register to see this attachment.

I also tried the Aeotec Smart Dimmer. After including it, the dimmer works, but still has 'not configured' with every device.
I'm not sure, it is a big issue, as they seem to work.

The biggest problem is that they cannot be used in a scene (graphical blocks) on a HCL.

How did you do that dimmer does it work for you? Mine does not darken or turn off the electricity. What to do to make anything work in it ?!