Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Android App - Unable to connect remotely after local access

Guest cberbecaru

Question

Guest cberbecaru

I'm facing a very strange issue with remote connection on Android app which drives me crazy from over a month. I have several Android phones which all behave in similar manner:

HTC One M8s, Samsung Galaxy S6 both on Android 6

HTC One M7 on Android 5

The problem is that remote connection will not work anymore AFTER a successfully local connection, failing with "Invalid login or password" message. There are 2 situations:

1. Install the app while connected to LAN. It will connect locally, but it will NOT connect remotely after that

2. Install the app while on mobile network. It will connect remotely and stay on remote connection even when connected to LAN. As soon as the Settings/Choose HC is opened, a toast pops: HC IP address updated, and after that no more remote connection is possible

Obviously the problem is not in the configuration of remote access because the app can connect remotely.

I used an app to sniff the requests made by the app and here comes the strange thing: While in mobile network (or other network), the app make a request to dom.fibaro.com which is successful, but after that, for some reason, it will try to login to the LOCAL IP (192.168.1.200) while on foreign network, which, of course fails. The above happens only after a successful local access (that is, after the IP update thing).

I used to stay on remote to circumvent this problem, but since I added 2 cameras to the system this is no longer feasible.

Edited by cberbecaru

• Answers 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

On 11.10.2016 at 8:32 AM, cberbecaru said:

I'm facing a very strange issue with remote connection on Android app which drives me crazy from over a month. I have several Android phones which all behave in similar manner:

HTC One M8s, Samsung Galaxy S6 both on Android 6

HTC One M7 on Android 5

The problem is that remote connection will not work anymore AFTER a successfully local connection, failing with "Invalid login or password" message. There are 2 situations:

1. Install the app while connected to LAN. It will connect locally, but it will NOT connect remotely after that

2. Install the app while on mobile network. It will connect remotely and stay on remote connection even when connected to LAN. As soon as the Settings/Choose HC is opened, a toast pops: HC IP address updated, and after that no more remote connection is possible

Obviously the problem is not in the configuration of remote access because the app can connect remotely.

I used an app to sniff the requests made by the app and here comes the strange thing: While in mobile network (or other network), the app make a request to dom.fibaro.com which is successful, but after that, for some reason, it will try to login to the LOCAL IP (192.168.1.200) while on foreign network, which, of course fails. The above happens only after a successful local access (that is, after the IP update thing).

I used to stay on remote to circumvent this problem, but since I added 2 cameras to the system this is no longer feasible.

Hello,

Can you tell me whether you turn off LAN connection and then turn on 3G/LTE or you turn on 3G/LTE while LAN is still on and then turn the LAN off?

Guest cberbecaru
  • Inquirer
  • Hi,

Neither of that, I'm not turning connections on/off manually. When Wi-Fi is lost, Android switches mobile data on automatically, if enabled.

Guest cberbecaru
  • Inquirer
  • Just tried with a Samsung tablet and Fibaro for Tablet works as expected: on LAN - local access, on mobile data - remote access.

Edited by cberbecaru

Same situation here. Works perfectly on WiFi, not working on LTE.

What cellular network do you use?

Same here. Maybe some restriction from network.

What port it's using Fibaro app?

Guys, any idea?

Please login or register to see this link.

This problem it's only on Vodafone. Just talked *222, but they don't block any port (80, 22, 443) used by app.

Maybe home.fibaro.com not recognizing the IP class used by Vodafone Romania.

Checked everything with Vodafone and seems to be all right.

Guest cberbecaru
  • Inquirer
  • I'm confident that the problem is not related to mobile operator. As I said, I CAN connect remotely over cellular data as long as I wish. The annoying thing is that the app stays on remote access even on home Wi-Fi (LAN) and the party is over as soon as I touch Settings. In my opinion there is a bug in monitoring and handling the fallback from Wi-Fi to cellular data, because yesterday I tried the app on a friend's Wi-Fi and it connect remotely as it should.

I'll try to capture a screen movie to make the problem clear

Edited by cberbecaru

Guest cberbecaru
  • Inquirer
  • Here we go:

1. Did a fresh install and turned OFF Wi-Fi. After the initial setup, the app connect remotely over cellular data. Watch the status line of the app (upper left: 3G+) and the toasts (lower middle: Remote access).

2. Turned ON Wi-Fi and the app still connects remotely, although it is on LAN

3. Access Settings/Choose HC. Watch the toast: address IP was updated

4. The app connects locally after that, as it should (watch the toast: Local access)

5. Wi-Fi OFF (simulate leaving from home) - BANG - Invalid login ...

If this is not a bug then I'm the Pope (or I will eat my hat, whatever you choose :-))

Here is the capture.

Edited by cberbecaru

On 17.10.2016 at 6:40 PM, cberbecaru said:

Here we go:

1. Did a fresh install and turned OFF Wi-Fi. After the initial setup, the app connect remotely over cellular data. Watch the status line of the app (upper left: 3G+) and the toasts (lower middle: Remote access).

2. Turned ON Wi-Fi and the app still connects remotely, although it is on LAN

3. Access Settings/Choose HC. Watch the toast: address IP was updated

4. The app connects locally after that, as it should (watch the toast: Local access)

5. Wi-Fi OFF (simulate leaving from home) - BANG - Invalid login ...

If this is not a bug then I'm the Pope (or I will eat my hat, whatever you choose :-))

Here is the capture.

Hello,

Thank you for the movie! I forwarded it to our team.

Hello,

Are you both running the newest version of Fibaro app?

We tried to reproduced the issue but we couldn't.

Guest cberbecaru
  • Inquirer
  • Yes, latest version, but I have this issue since I bought the box (spring this year). Also, please note that I run Android 6.01

Edited by cberbecaru

Guest cberbecaru
  • Inquirer
  • Did a packet capture when app fails:

Request

Please login or register to see this code.

Response

Please login or register to see this code.

Edited by cberbecaru

Gents,

i've got this problem to, don all the tests but internal network is working but external (4G) aint working.

when i look on internet login account Fibaro i have the messag "no communication with the main controler, remote acces is currently unavailable " see attachment.

Gr Rini

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Funny enough I have the exact same issue with my Android device as the OP.

So I now use my work iPhone to use the app remotely as I haven't joined this to my home WiFi.

Incredibly frustrating! Fibaro, any news?

Hello,

If you have issues with accessing your gateway remotely then please contact our Support at [email protected]. You can open your port 22 and provide logins, passwords, MAC address and serial number of the gateway in advance so one of our engineers will be able to connect and check if it will be necessary.

Guest cberbecaru
  • Inquirer
  • 29 minutes ago, T.Konopka said:

Hello,

If you have issues with accessing your gateway remotely then please contact our Support at [email protected]. You can open your port 22 and provide logins, passwords, MAC address and serial number of the gateway in advance so one of our engineers will be able to connect and check if it will be necessary.

Sir, with all due respect, the problem is with the mobile app not with the box itself, because I CAN connect remotely.

Connecting remotely definitely not the issue, as soon as I'm on a different WiFi it works remotely fine.

It's just a weird 4G crossover that stops it working. If I go from other WiFi to 4G it works. If I go from my WiFi to 4G, it doesn't. Access denied.

iOS version works perfectly.

Dnia 17.11.2016 o 18:17, cberbecaru napisał:

the problem is with the mobile app not with the box itself, because I CAN connect remotely.

Hello,

Then, how would we be able to check all possible issues with connection to your gateway if you wouldn't have access to it? Nevertheless, we are still looking into the issue. I apologize for the inconvenience and I have to ask you all for a little bit more patience.

I have to admit that my message was especially to @TazzieRL who posted the screen shot showing no remote connection to the gateway - which I hope is related to the issue in the topic.

Guest cberbecaru
  • Inquirer
  • On 11/21/2016 at 3:16 PM, DinoKustas said:

If I go from other WiFi to 4G it works. If I go from my WiFi to 4G, it doesn't

Now THAT is really weird ... I did not tried going from foreign WiFi to mobile data