Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

What is id.cloud.fibaro.com?

Lambik

Guest fat

The only issue with having that many Dot's is that they can't link together. If you call out to one another may hear and it could trigger multiple times

I would love to see Amazon come out with a "hub" that you could connect multiple microphones to. That way you could run cable through the roof and have small microphones in every room of the house

i would love to see that we can sent something to the echo.

that Alexa can say: someone at the door (if doorbell rings, then sent to Alexa: someone at the door)

registerd also.. looks nice.

But as always should be nice if Fibaro communicate this is coming. Or at least make something of New things topic where we can look at these things.

And also always when CES is on.. Fibaro pushes a update and Silent for till the CES is over :-P

Edited by D-Vine

Guest spazpeker
On 1/8/2017 at 9:57 AM, akatar said:

i would love to see that we can sent something to the echo.

that Alexa can say: someone at the door (if doorbell rings, then sent to Alexa: someone at the door)

Alexa does not do Push Notifications Yet

fibaro cloud portal will be announced before end of this month, so be patient.

Would be nice if the web interface and App gets the same look and feel like the cloud site..  White/ Blue / Dark grey

clean simple and modern 

59 minutes ago, tinman said:

fibaro cloud portal will be announced before end of this month, so be patient.

Thanks @tinman

That's good news. 

Could I ask where you got the info from ? 

4 hours ago, AutoFrank said:

Could I ask where you got the info from ? 

to ask you can, answer you will not get become

Google Home support would be nice! Alexa left the building after we spent an hour shouting the same phrase at it via 4 members of the family... almost left via a window! But we decided to donate it to somebody we do not like! :)

On 10/01/2017 at 6:06 AM, fi-bar-oh said:

Google Home support would be nice! Alexa left the building after we spent an hour shouting the same phrase at it via 4 members of the family... almost left via a window! But we decided to donate it to somebody we do not like! :)

Almost exactly the same :) I still use Alexa as a swear word !

Guest fat

I found Alexa to be great initially but I have noticed that she seems to misunderstand or not wake up as well as you initially did

I might have to do some voice training with her

I'm looking forward to try Alexa with Fibaro and hope that Echo dot will be ok with Fibaro. We have Amazon Echo dot and now it is connected to Control4, where it works really great. So if it can turn on lights and turn on Deezer or Netflix, then i'm satisfied with Alexa.

On 7. 1. 2017 at 2:56 AM, fat said:

The only issue with having that many Dot's is that they can't link together. If you call out to one another may hear and it could trigger multiple times

I would love to see Amazon come out with a "hub" that you could connect multiple microphones to. That way you could run cable through the roof and have small microphones in every room of the house

Did they not fix that in late 2'016?

there was a universal patch for all related devicess that is suposed to make only the one that is closest act, reference point:

Problem with itnegrating Alexa with anny home autmation seems to be that you have to say "Alexa tell Fibaro..." (or other smarthome hub), i do not like that. I want TNG smarts Alexa (perhaps sans the gaining concient, nearly breaking ship and than leaving as some nebulous artificiall creature) - there she was refered to as "computer" but its same concept i woudl think. Home (well ship) automation that has massive contextuall library and can order apliancess (tea, earl grey, hot) and even some decent adjustements based upon your preferencess (that tea dosent have 100°C).

I think that the way Alexa is made she will eventually accumulate enough knowlidge in her library to be nearing such implementation (accidentally go check my thread about best uses of smart technology in TV - comment with yours .)

and i am indeed looking forth to that point. This opinion is fuled by the fact that IFTTT is getting popular and there is the stringify idea which i think could work wonders.

Obviously you will have to set up your preferencess with the device first time you do annything but hey its price i'd be willing to pay for such luxury... if Amazon officially sold her in here .(

Edited by Kuba13

2 hours ago, Kuba13 said:

Problem with itnegrating Alexa with anny home autmation seems to be that you have to say "Alexa tell Fibaro..." (or other smarthome hub), i do not like that. I want TNG smarts Alexa (perhaps sans the gaining concient, nearly breaking ship and than leaving as some nebulous artificiall creature) - there she was refered to as "computer" but its same concept i woudl think. Home (well ship) automation that has massive contextuall library and can order apliancess (tea, earl grey, hot) and even some decent adjustements based upon your preferencess (that tea dosent have 100°C).

Actually not.

It depends what kind of skill you are using. 

Amazon offers Smart Home Skills and other ones. Other ones need a keyword like "Fibaro", a Smart Home Skill does not.

But Smart Home Skills are very restricted to just a bunch of commands and returning informations are limited to an OK or some failure message.

For just controlling lights (like my Christmas tree) I am using HABridge as a Smart Home Skill.

For all other purposes I am using my own written skill with the keyword (in my case it is "house", it's is somehow nice to say" Alexa, ask my house what windows are open right now")

23 hours ago, Alex said:

Actually not.

It depends what kind of skill you are using. 

Amazon offers Smart Home Skills and other ones. Other ones need a keyword like "Fibaro", a Smart Home Skill does not.

But Smart Home Skills are very restricted to just a bunch of commands and returning informations are limited to an OK or some failure message.

For just controlling lights (like my Christmas tree) I am using HABridge as a Smart Home Skill.

For all other purposes I am using my own written skill with the keyword (in my case it is "house", it's is somehow nice to say" Alexa, ask my house what windows are open right now")

Well just goes to show how little skills i have (no not Alexa shes awsome XD).

Sorry i did not setup the integration i am playing with hence i have next to no knowlidge of what skill has been used (it might be integrated with C4 and under the same system happens to be HCL so you know it sortof works that way).

fun fact: Alexa has no idea where she is currently connected (she thinks that shes in Ontario, Canada whilst being in centrall Europe, its funny that she can be so easily conffused).

Edited by Kuba13
adding fun fact

Guest fat

Mine was confused with locaion for a while as well. I had to say it was in Guam because they matches my time zone in Brisbane Australia. 

Since then hen I have found out ow to modify the address field using a Google Chrome extension and now that it knows where I live all the local functionality like traffic and weather work perfectly

2 hours ago, fat said:

Mine was confused with locaion for a while as well. I had to say it was in Guam because they matches my time zone in Brisbane Australia. 

Since then hen I have found out ow to modify the address field using a Google Chrome extension and now that it knows where I live all the local functionality like traffic and weather work perfectly

Thanks 

Would you mind sharing what you changed and what extension you used .... 

Guest fat
7 minutes ago, AutoFrank said:

Thanks 

Would you mind sharing what you changed and what extension you used .... 

I used the request maker extension to modify some of the data being sent to Amazon but it looks like they have now blocked this work around

Instructions are here if you would like to have a go at it but be careful as you could brick your echo if not done correctly

Please login or register to see this link.