Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

[SOLVED]Disconnected wall plug

whisper

Question

I have a wall plug on a freezer and need to know I have a power loss in the garage where the freezer is. 

Tried to find something that could notify me when the power goes down but havent find anything in the Home Center Lite

thx

Mike

2 answers to this question

On 1/20/2017 at 2:27 PM, whisper said:

I have a wall plug on a freezer and need to know I have a power loss in the garage where the freezer is. 

Tried to find something that could notify me when the power goes down but havent find anything in the Home Center Lite

thx

Mike

Hi @whisper and welcome to Fibaro forum.

For that purpose you will need to make sensor yourself. You will need one relay with coil voltage that is suited for your country supply voltage (230V or 120V) and one door/window sensor. It is also good to put fuse in relay circuit connection. Then you will need one scene in blocks that will be triggered by status change of this sensor and send you message.

I used Fibaro universal sensor for that, but door/window sensor is also ok. You need to connect relay contacts to sensor instead of switch like on this picture:

Some details you can find here:

Since you have HCL my scene in LUA will not be of any use to you, but there is schema and left part is how to connect relay to the socket to monitor power supply.

You can't use plug for that purpose because when there is no power it can't send status to HCL, and HCL remembers last status just before power failure.

Edited by Sankotronic
Attachment quota filled up / deleting older stuff sorry :-(

• Inquirer
  • Hi everybody.

Thx for all the replys.

After a while I got the idea of changing the wall plug to a windows/door sensor and having a temperature sensor put on it.

That way I can build a scene that reads the temperature in the freezer and send notifications when the temperature rises.

This instead of having the wall plug to notify. :-D

Cheers