Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro Skill now available in Alexa store

AutoFrank

Question

Hi everyone,

Exciting times ahead..:D:D .

.... @fat spotted that the official Fibaro Skill is now available in the Alexa store.

Hi @T.Konopka - Do we need a new hc2 fw release to be able to leverage this or is it usable straightaway ?

Feedback from anybody getting it successfully running most welcome...

Thanks

-f

PS - I'll be looking this later and will try and create a Tutorial 

PPS - Looks like we don't need new fw, anything after 4.112 will work...

Please login or register to see this attachment.

#

Interesting - activate VD through scenes

Edited by AutoFrank

Guest fat

I can't take the credit for this one. Someone posted it somewhere herein another thread. I have been able to activate the skill on my iPad but I am away on holidays so haven't had a chance to try it out just yet

I have installed the Smart Home Skill, can't find the "Custom Skill" from the Fibaro Manual, it has found all of my lights and binary switches. Most of the time it has quite an unfriendly number for the binary switch, but my DanFoss Radiators have correct names, and also some other items like RGBW.. not worked out what I would want to control yet, as its the custom skill that would be more useful (it allows scene running) but its not in the available Skills for me.

26 minutes ago, AutoFrank said:

Hi everyone,

Exciting times ahead..:D:D .

.... @fat spotted that the official Fibaro Skill is now available in the Alexa store.

Hi @T.Konopka - Do we need a new hc2 fw release to be able to leverage this or is it usable straightaway ?

Feedback from anybody getting it successfully running most welcome...

Thanks

-f

Yippikay :D
Bad is that i will be away 1 week for holiday ;D in Chania Greece 8-)

Please login or register to see this link.

it has been not yet officially announced, so no wonder that custom skills not yet there. The smart home skill however works as expected.

I have installed the Smart Home Skill in Alexa and all seems to be installed but Alexa can't fined any devices :-( 

Anyone else having this problem or know of a fix?

• Inquirer
  • 1 hour ago, shaunfrost said:

I have installed the Smart Home Skill, can't find the "Custom Skill" from the Fibaro Manual, it has found all of my lights and binary switches. Most of the time it has quite an unfriendly number for the binary switch, but my DanFoss Radiators have correct names, and also some other items like RGBW.. not worked out what I would want to control yet, as its the custom skill that would be more useful (it allows scene running) but its not in the available Skills for me.

@shaunfrost.. looking good so.. :-)

50 minutes ago, tinman said:

it has been not yet officially announced, so no wonder that custom skills not yet there. The smart home skill however works as expected.

Thanks @tinman

Great to hear that..

1 hour ago, jompa68 said:

Yippikay :D
    Bad is that i will be away 1 week for holiday ;D in Chania Greece 8-)

Please login or register to see this link.

@jompa68

That's terrible, I'd hate to b in Greece when I could be at home 'working' :-)

2 hours ago, John9439 said:

I have installed the Smart Home Skill in Alexa and all seems to be installed but Alexa can't fined any devices :-( 

I have same issue. Installed Alexa app and all linked but Alexa can't find anything from Fibaro...

Guest spazpeker
    34 minutes ago, northyorks said:

I have same issue. Installed Alexa app and all linked but Alexa can't find anything from Fibaro...

Same here

• Inquirer
  • 7 hours ago, shaunfrost said:

@shaunfrost

Any luck with the finding the custom skill ?

I seem to be in the same place  - it has found all my devices but nothing else

7 hours ago, John9439 said:

Same here..

• Inquirer
  • 20 minutes ago, northyorks said:

Not sure why fibaro can't give some guidance here seeing as lots of people struggling! 

@northyorks

I would suspect that it is because it is not officially released yet.

Their documentation also refers to custom skills for scenes, etc and thats not in the Alex Skills list yet.

It is possible that only part of what they submitted has been approved by AWS at this stage

I'm putting together a quick tutorial on what I did to get it up and running but I have run out of space for attachments at this stage so cannot post yet.

I wonder why the skill is not showing up in the Alexa app - has the German version not been released yet? Thanks!

Cheers

Alfons

I can see only some of my Block and LUA scenes. 

I have created a new one using blocks and it doesn't appear in the Alexa devices list (I have used Discover Devices function)

Do you all see all of your scenes? (I know that Magic Scenes are not yet support)

• Inquirer
  • 1 minute ago, smprofx said:

I can see only some of my Block and LUA scenes. 

I have created a new one using blocks and it doesn't appear in the Alexa devices list (I have used Discover Devices function)

Do you all see all of your scenes? (I know that Magic Scenes are not yet support)

Hi @smprofx

I cant see any scenes at all , just my devices...

How did you get them - did you locate the custom skill ?

Could you post a screenshot ?

Thanks

-f

Hi!

I haven't located the Customs Skills yet.

Some of the scenes simply shows on the devices list. Nothing special done. Just pressed the Discover Devices. 

It appears on my Alexa App as "Scene connected by Fibaro" 

I can activate the scene by saying "Alexa Activate name scene"

• Inquirer
  • 17 hours ago, smprofx said:

Hi!

I haven't located the Customs Skills yet.

Some of the scenes simply shows on the devices list. Nothing special done. Just pressed the Discover Devices. 

It appears on my Alexa App as "Scene connected by Fibaro" 

I can activate the scene by saying "Alexa Activate name scene"

Thanks @smprofx

are there anything different about these scenes ?

Would you mind posting a screenshot with the list as it appears in the alexa app ?

Sure!

Here is the attached print-screen from the web Alexa app. It's the same as on mobile version. 

As previously said, only some scenes are visible in the Alexa devices so I have copied a scene that was visible and changed to do something else and it worked.

Bellow is the LUA code from the that block scene that worked. 

--[[
    %% properties
    %% weather
    %% events
    %% globals
    DSC_Zone001
    DSC_P1_ArmedStatus
    DSC_Zone004
    --]]

local startSource = fibaro:getSourceTrigger();
    if (
     ( tonumber(fibaro:getGlobalValue("DSC_Zone001")) == tonumber("0")  and  tonumber(fibaro:getGlobalValue("DSC_P1_ArmedStatus")) == tonumber("0")  or  tonumber(fibaro:getGlobalValue("DSC_Zone004")) == tonumber("0")  and  tonumber(fibaro:getGlobalValue("DSC_P1_ArmedStatus")) == tonumber("0") )
    or
    startSource["type"] == "other"
    )
    then
        fibaro:call(173, "turnOff");
        fibaro:call(349, "turnOff");
        setTimeout(function()
            fibaro:call(511, "pressButton", "3");
        end, 2000)
    end

If I create a new scene from scratch ... it's not showing in the Alexa Devices neither after manual Device Discovery. 

Controlling devices seams to work pretty ok but starting scenes it's a bit tricky as you have to say a long phrase for commands and most of the times Alexa fails to understand the command or start the correct scene. It may also be that my english pronunciation is not quite "americanish sounding" 

now that the ha-bridge has been updated to provide a secure login, im just gonna stick with a "local" connection that will be much faster like the ha-bridge... i haven't switched completely to the echo plugin, just yet.. it just doesn't seem like a "natural" communication process between the official echo plugin and the HC2. From what ive been reading with everyones experience so far... maybe more time is needed to iron out the kinks and let everything settle, before i make my final judgement on the newly released plugin...