Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Aeotec multisensor 6 with HCL, parameter problem

kalmanv

Question

Hello,

I just bought an Aeotec Multisensor 6. I tried to set parameter 41 to generate a temperature report, but I see the attached bug. Everytime Im trying to set 1C or any other value after the save i got random big number for parameter 41.

Also its pretty strange that the motion sensor does not react too

Did somebody experienced the same, or any idea how to solve it?

Thanks

Please login or register to see this attachment.

9 answers to this question

Hi @kalmanv

No, you don't have to update sensor.

After setting this parameter it is set properly, this is just bug on the interface part. You can check if parameter is set correctly by clicking on default button. You will see that it will show actual settings without really setting it to default value, that is if you click Default button only once.

FYI its almost impossible to update the firmware of these sensors without an AEOTEC USB thingy... unless @Sankotronic knows any tricks?

oh and more to the point, you dont need to update the firmware... it still works, its just a bug but works as designed.. tip with these sensors, use the USB cable and not batteries

1 hour ago, amurray85 said:

FYI its almost impossible to update the firmware of these sensors without an AEOTEC USB thingy... unless @Sankotronic knows any tricks?

oh and more to the point, you dont need to update the firmware... it still works, its just a bug but works as designed.. tip with these sensors, use the USB cable and not batteries

Hi @amurray85,

You really need to read more carefully other people posts before writing one. Here I will quote myself again with bigger letters:

3 hours ago, Sankotronic said:

No, you don't have to update sensor.

After setting this parameter it is set properly, this is just bug on the interface part. You can check if parameter is set correctly by clicking on default button. You will see that it will show actual settings without really setting it to default value, that is if you click Default button only once.

As you can see I don't have any tricks regarding firmware update for Aeotec ms6, but I do have trick how to correct that GUI problem and check settings! :-P 

lol @Sankotronic buddy i was agreeing with you.. read what i wrote a little more carefully

i was curious if you had updated the firmware with any tricks... i agreed with you that he didn't need to update. i was making a statement around the update process itself

Edited by amurray85

6 minutes ago, amurray85 said:

lol @Sankotronic buddy i was agreeing with you.. read what i wrote a little more carefully

i was curious if you had updated the firmware with any tricks... i agreed with you that he didn't need to update. i was making a statement around the update process itself

Well, then I should learn better english, sorry:-) It really sounded like I was the one proposing firmware update :-P Thanks for slapping me back! I deserve it! :-) 

It is possible to do firmware upgrade, but if I remember correctly it doesn't really help with this GUI problem.

For now I have only one ms6 and it seems to be good choice if you need humidity sensor too. 

1 minute ago, Sankotronic said:

Well, then I should learn better english, sorry:-) It really sounded like I was the one proposing firmware update :-P Thanks for slapping me back! I deserve it! :-) 

It is possible to do firmware upgrade, but if I remember correctly it doesn't really help with this GUI problem.

For now I have only one ms6 and it seems to be good choice if you need humidity sensor too. 

all good.. we are here to help each other :)

• Inquirer
  • Thank for the responses, sensor is getting good now. I have one problem left, if the motion sensor is breached fibaro is saying 15mins ago..but it was breached a few second ago.

I have also fibaro sensors too i dont have this kind of problem with them.

Any suggestions?

On 7/5/2017 at 4:06 PM, kalmanv said:

Thank for the responses, sensor is getting good now. I have one problem left, if the motion sensor is breached fibaro is saying 15mins ago..but it was breached a few second ago.

I have also fibaro sensors too i dont have this kind of problem with them.

Any suggestions?

Maybe too late for you, but it could be useful to others: I obtained exact time setting the ntp server to my local time server - from pool.ntp.org to it.pool.ntp.org