Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Sprinkler system with FIBARO RGBW Modul

fireball

Question

Hi im new in this forum.

I bought a FIBARO RGBW Modul to manage my sprinklersystem. It works fine. I take the 4 Channels to "dim 0 or 99" each channel and so i manage each of my 4 valves.

But now... i want to add a rain-switch into my system. I put it to IN1 and if i switch it, i can shut on / off the R channel.

But i use the RGBW Modul in FHEM an have only the 4 outputs in my Code.

The mission is: I will read the status of switch , so i can choose in my code if its rain, then no sprinkler will work, if its dry, the my own code can manage the sprinklersystem.

But how can i get the state? Which configuration the RGBW Moduls is needed?!

I try FIBARO_RGB configInputsOutputsConfiguration: 39321 instead of standard... but it works like befor...

here my german topic in fhem;

Please login or register to see this link.

THX 4 help

René

7 answers to this question

@fireball firstly dim 0 to 255 on RGBW not dim 0 to 99

in RGBW inputs are mapped to the 4 dimmer channels. 

I think you will need to add another device like a UBS to achieve your goal

• Inquirer
  • Hi , thanks for your answer... in fhem i can only dim from 0-99 ... i think its "percent"?!

In RGBW its mapped, i know... can i use one switch to all dimmers channels?! But how can i get the status from the switch ?!?! Are there any command classes in zwave where i get the status?!

I don´t know what you mean with usb?!

I will know the status of the switch i have on IN1.... if i get this... i can develop a IF (Switch=off) THEN "do not open any valve" ...

This ist my "diagramm"...

Please login or register to see this attachment.

22 hours ago, fireball said:

Hi , thanks for your answer... in fhem i can only dim from 0-99 ... i think its "percent"?!

In RGBW its mapped, i know... can i use one switch to all dimmers channels?! But how can i get the status from the switch ?!?! Are there any command classes in zwave where i get the status?!

I don´t know what you mean with usb?!

I will know the status of the switch i have on IN1.... if i get this... i can develop a IF (Switch=off) THEN "do not open any valve" ...

This ist my "diagramm"...

From my understanding you would have to loose one of your outputs to gain a input on your RGBW

Use a seprate device like a Fibaro UBS , (universal binary sensor) for the input

It also will work on your 12 or 24v DC supply your using for your RGBW module

If you search RGBW on the forum there are many other posts on this

Edited by Jamie mccrostie

I agree with @Jamie mccrostie

Your main problem is that you only have 4 channels. You have 4 + 4 = 8 terminals, but you can't use all 8 at the same time. You could have 2 inputs and 2 outputs or 1 input and 3 outputs. The inputs in this mode are not simple binary, they are 0-10 V analog inputs. But they have pull-up resistors, so you can connect a switch from INx to GND and the channel will read > 9 V for open and < 1 V for closed.

• Inquirer
  • Hi, thanks 4 your answer. OK, i think i understand... with parameter 14 i can only change the behavior of the 4 Channels RGBW

I read this manual and in my mind i thought i can change the behavior of the 4 Inputs AND!!! 4 Outputs... but with this table, now i know, i can only change the 4 outputs...

But why i have 4 Inputs?! the manual is terrible....

cheers

René

Edited by fireball

5 minutes ago, fireball said:

Hi, thanks 4 your answer. OK, i think i understand... with parameter 14 i can only change the behavior of the 4 Channels RGBW

I read this manual and in my mind i thought i can change the behavior of the 4 Inputs AND!!! 4 Outputs... but with this table, now i know, i can only change the 4 outputs...

But why i have 4 Inputs?! the manual is terrible....

cheers

René

Just one small, tiny, but relevant thing. If you set a channel to "RGBW" it *does* have an input *and* an output, but they work in a specific and fixed way. You can connect a switch to the input and it will control the dimming level of that channel... But I think you cannot use this to solve your sprinkler problem. But I do find this behaviour quite useful... if used with lights...

Hi Rene,

Your project sounds good. Those valves work with 24 Vdc, right?

If it is not a problem could you post some more info on how did you do this?

Thanks,