Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

severe bug in the IOS App in conjunction with IP Cameras

SebastianD

Question

I recently found out that the IOS app (and possibly andoid too, I didnt test it) contain a severe bug when comes to providing connection to IP cameras. In my case I use cameras from Vivotek which offer quite professional firmware with a lot of scripting possibilities. So whats wrong?

Every time the app opens and you select a video feed, it will open up a connection to the camera. So far so good. However when you close the app, or the device goes into sleep, the app WONT kill the established http connection. Next time you open the app, it will -again- create a new stream connection. Since every IP camera has a restricted numbers of open connections, this behavior will lead to blocking the camera with abandoned connections, which makes it necessary to reboot.

I spoke with vivotek technicans in taiwan, and they confirmed that this can only be resolved within the app, and not in the camera.

So I ask Fibaro stuff to have a look into this, because this needs to be fixed. At the moment I help myself with a cronjob which reboots 8 cameras twice a day, but that is obviously not the way to handle that problem on a long run.

Sebastian

• Like 1

1 answer to this question

Interesting observation @SebastianD Thanks for the heads up.

I'ver been having problems with my cameras of late, and hadn't thought to check the camrea logs, as they have run fine in the past and nothing has changed .. I will now though !

Cheers,

al.