Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

HCL time configuration issue - 1970 date

DomoAutomation

Question

My Hcl is showing the time and date back to 1970 . I have done manual setting and then reboot nothing works. 

Also the pool.ntp.org doesn't seem to work as well. It only worked once but after few hours everything comes to the 1.1.1970

Any  help is appreciated

Thanks

• Like 1

On ‎03‎.‎02‎.‎2018 at 6:14 PM, nickarsow said:

I also replaced the PCF8523 chip on my SMT rework station with a new one, but the problem with the new one is absolutely the same.

as you have rework station, i assume you can measure the crystal as well? On C35, you should see clear sine with 32,768kHz. 

It's good idea as well to check to solder points of the uC Board. Right after power has been applied, you should see on pin 7 data coming out of RTC,

so that the last simply check to see if RTC is working without analyzing the I2C. 

4 hours ago, nickarsow said:

or there is a big mess in the firmware.

Here we go, RTC and timesync results HCL fw 4.160:

I did checked if the RTC is being used at all when changing date/time via location (v4.160 HCL), so i did stopped RTC (by shorting crystal pins)

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2018_02/crt1.PNG.bd7fdc721f70661f751bd4248f02df54.PNG" alt="crt1.PNG.bd7fdc721f70661f751bd4248f02df54.PNG" />

and got time difference (ignore the local / CET hour diff)

After time change (manual) and reboot both RTC and Linux time are synced (ignore the local / CET hour diff)

crt2.PNG.6c5b155ebc8f8e2fc561821e5580e59f.PNG

Same result has been archived with NTP (again, stopped RTC, changed time to use NTP, after reboot both are synced).

I did removed the backup battery, time got reset to 1970 after reboot:

crt3.PNG.477f9479fb39056e1679cf71f1ae6c5e.PNG

In location i did changed to manual (from NTP) - without saving, and changed back to NTP - saved, and time is again ok, watch changes while reboot:

crt4.PNG.6d07827733c3291a365fe8e2af65ba9d.PNG

After power off for few minutes and power up, HCL still shows proper time:

crt5.PNG.5c9f2d3889be47acf0083c7279baef82.PNG

That means, RTC and time sync are properly implemented in v4.160 firmware, it must be hardware issue on your HCL.

4 hours ago, nickarsow said:

This is not fair and I think the Fibaro support team must pay serious attention tho their "support" !!!

Either they don't know how to fix it 

I'm pretty sure my colleagues from polish Fibaro Technical Support knows how to check / fix such easy thing 

Hi Tinman,

Thanks for the advice about hardware check.

I investigated the hardware and found out that the crystal is dead. I replaced the 32768 crystal with a new one and the RTC is working in both manual or NTP mode.

To all with frozen RTC:.....If your battery is OK ( > 2.5V ), please replace the crystal with 32768 Hz +/-30ppm SMD one.

BR

Nick

• Like 1

Well, if somebody still have problem with HCL date/time, there is a simpler solution that replacing RTC and soldering. I my case, a good workaround is just to remove the battery from HCL (open it and remove battery). The batery is OK (3V) but without battery I was able to set date/time to NTP. After restart - time is OK (assuming you put proper NTP server address and there is not firewall blocking NTP traffic).

Hi @DomoAutomation,

Could you try not to set any server, so just change manually, restart your Home Center and check it again?

If that doesn't help try to change NTP to a different one.

• Inquirer
  • I tried to set it manually and rebooted by nothings seems to be working.

Which NTP i can change to ? do you advice please?

thanks

Same thing in Finland too. Time is set to 2.1.1970 randomly. Timesetting works for some time (1-3 months) and then it changes to 2.1.1970.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Same problem in Denmark.;(

No scenes turns on at the right time. ;(

The sensors writes 8 years ago!;(

Date fields are gray;(

@DomoAutomation, could you tell whether it helped or not?

@janton, please try changing date to manual and set the correct date and click save.

@severin, please try to do the same.

If manual changing date and saving and then going back to automatic won't help.

The only solution will be to do the recovery and add devices and scenes again without restoring the backup.

The fix for this issue is on its way and will be available around 4.152 version of HC software.

Hi 

I am In France and I also have this issue with my HCL

I also tried NTP time.windows.com but no success.

BR

Hi guys,

I'm from Bulgaria and have the same problem with HCL RTC ( real time clock ). I measured the battery voltage and it was 0.62V. Then I replaced it with fresh one, but the RTC is still frozen.....2.1.1970 and doesn't work with either manual or via Internet.

Then I removed the battery , it start working.....it can be manually set or via Internet, but when I insert the battery, it freezes again.

I also replaced the PCF8523 chip on my SMT rework station with a new one, but the problem with the new one is absolutely the same. That means the problem is in the firmware.

I wish the Fibaro support/software team pay attention to this issue and will fix it in the next firmware release candidate.

BR

Nick

• Like 1

Hi guys,

The Fibaro support team ( [email protected] ) fixed the issue via TeamViewer.

For users, who still have that problem....just ask the support team to fix it remotely.

I really hope the bug will be fixed in the next firmware release, as it is not a hardware problem.

BR

Nick

Sorry guys,

Wrong info. The HCL has not been fixed...sorry, my mistake. It now shows 1.1.1970 without any blackouts.

I think the Fibaro support team hasn't fixed it although I gave them a free access to the HCL via the TeamViewer.

This is not fair and I think the Fibaro support team must pay serious attention tho their "support" !!!

Either they don't know how to fix it or there is a big mess in the firmware.

I got angry and I feel really sorry I have given my money for that device and the peripheral modules.

Nick

Hi,

What is the status on this? I also have a HCL which thinks it is 1970..

Are we seriously supposed to dismantle the HCL and hope to find somekind of crystal and work my way through with a soldering iron in order to get this fixed??

Br

• Like 1

Hi Ace02,

This way worked for me....I think your problem is the same.

DIY, because it is hard to send forw/back for replacement. It is very easy to replace....just buy a 32768 Hz 10-30ppm crystal and solder it.

BR

Nick

On 3/18/2018 at 10:04 PM, Ace02 said:

Hi,

What is the status on this? I also have a HCL which thinks it is 1970..

Are we seriously supposed to dismantle the HCL and hope to find somekind of crystal and work my way through with a soldering iron in order to get this fixed??

Br

I have this problem too. Is my HCL in need of a fix? It is under warranty, so I would prefer for Fibaro to fix it, rather than get out the soldering iron (and potentially void the warranty).

Any update would be appreciated @

Please login or register to see this link.

or others

The only solution I can provide is trying a recovery or sending it back to us to have it replaced, I'm afraid. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

can anyone confirm is its a hardware problem with crystal ? i'm on 4.170 and have same issue, i cant even do a recovery.

recovery page opens but no response for all three options. 

thanks

Hi Zeid, i soldered in a new crystal and everything works again.. So for me it was a hardware problem..