Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Power measurement switch

Reinhold

I have a Bosch CMG633BS1 combi oven and i wil use a fibaro switch for power measurement. But the oven use 3600w but a wallswitch can max 2500w. Is there a solution to measure the power? 

Aeon Lab Smart Switch  ZW075 up to 16A.

TKB home Switch 16A

Fibaro switch is up to 10A only

TKB home up to 3500W ... 

Please login or register to see this link.

Aeon EU type up to 230V 16A (3680W) - 

Please login or register to see this link.

Edited by cag014

• Topic Author
  • But get i the results in the consumption panel? the same graphs as the Fibaro modules?

2 hours ago, Reinhold said:

But get i the results in the consumption panel? the same graphs as the Fibaro modules?

Yes, exactly the same graphs.

Consumption panel uses received power values and makes the chart, doesn't matter where the values came from...

• Topic Author
  • Thanks for you answer. it is a pity that fibaro does not have a module that can do this.

Before you buy anything, can I recommend a topic in which I explained a lot about relays(*)?

I think your magnetron-combi oven does not qualify as a "resistive load" so most of the relays are not really suited, please check the specs before you buy... Even when you use the relay only for power measurement (never turning on/off the load) you might get issues. For instance, the inrush current of the oven might trigger an overload. I do not own a device that can do 16 A but I do know the Fibaro Wall Plug (second generation) detects overload and turns itself off...

(*) EDIT: I meant to say... I topic with lots of very useful contributions from other users too... But I elaborated on quite a few things. So I am biassed towards this topic... you might want to check other sources too.

Edited by petergebruers

my proposal, use Qubino Smart Meter together with IKA232-20/230 V (if you use only two wires for the oven). When you need to power it with 4 wires (L1, L2, L3, N), then you will have to wait till Jan 2018, as Qubino will release then Smart Meter for 4 wires (and to switch on/off you can use then BICOM432-40-WM1). As the Smart Meter speakes z-wave, you can control it then via scenes or association.

Edited by tinman

35 minutes ago, tinman said:

my proposal, use Qubino Smart Meter together with IKA232-20/230 V (if you use only two wires for the oven). When you need to power it with 4 wires (L1, L2, L3, N), then you will have to wait till Jan 2018, as Qubino will release then Smart Meter for 4 wires (and to switch on/off you can use then BICOM432-40-WM1). As the Smart Meter speakes z-wave, you can control it then via scenes or association.

Thank you for pointing out that some ovens use 3 phase, this complicates matters. Though not the model mentioned by @Reinhold, it comes with a standard 16 A EU plug.

I see you and I are on the same wavelength (stupid  Z-Wave pun intended), your advice is a solid, robust 32 A contactor from a known brand (ISKRA)...