Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Power consumption declared

MDC

Since many of us use fibaro relays for many purposes and use contactors for heavy loads, we lose power consumption feature.

i suggests an option that allow to declare power consumption to new modules also.

i have some old modules and I love this function.

5 hours ago, Mediacut said:

Since many of us use fibaro relays for many purposes and use contactors for heavy loads, we lose power consumption feature.

i suggests an option that allow to declare power consumption to new modules also.

i have some old modules and I love this function.

Agreed there is a gap there, it makes all the power consumption features in the system a waste of time if devices are not represented.

I have the same application for running the swimming pool pump using a Fibaro switch and contactor.

I tried the approach of using a VD to display the energy. I could get this to work but I couldn't get the HC2 built in energy panel to see the VD energy. I don't think it is possible.

Autofrank had some nice examples of Virtual Devices.

In the end I swapped one of my older Fibaro relay switches (Zwave Gen4) to do the job.

You can still buy the Fibaro Gen4 devices in the EU. But when these are no longer available then there will not be a solution.

Fibaro - How difficult will it be to add manual declare option with the Gen5 Fibaro switches?

• Thanks 1

• Topic Author
  • I have few old modules, but ....is old....why not use new module?

FIBARO....help us :)

• 5 weeks later...

Bump! For several devices including underfloor heating which do not report energy consumption, i would like to manually declare consumption based on on/off state. Please add this feature!

Edited by mainnsto