Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

AEON Multi-6/Wierd happenings...

Gman34798

Anyone came across this:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

I can correct it, hit "Save" and it reverts back to this crazy value.  The sensor is also draining batteries quickly.

A new pair will last 5-6 days, and that's it.  

Thanks!

• Like 1

Mine is operated by power through the USB socket so power drain is not an issue for me. 

However, It does the same in parameter 41: It needs something hotter that the sun to make a report. Works alright though.

1 hour ago, Gman34798 said:

I can correct it, hit "Save" and it reverts back to this crazy value

I have exactly the same on both of my multisensor 6

• Topic Author
  • The crazy thing is it seemed to work for nearly 6 months, then the batteries died, I replaced them and it's has drained 4 pair of batteries since.  I'm really using this for Temperature and Humidity.  Are there any other sensors that will reliably report temp and humidity?  many will do temp only, but not humidity.

4 hours ago, Gman34798 said:

The crazy thing is it seemed to work for nearly 6 months, then the batteries died, I replaced them and it's has drained 4 pair of batteries since.  I'm really using this for Temperature and Humidity.  Are there any other sensors that will reliably report temp and humidity?  many will do temp only, but not humidity.

Have you changed the update frequency? That can really empty batteries. It should work for a year with normal settings.

11 hours ago, Gman34798 said:

Are there any other sensors that will reliably report temp and humidity?  many will do temp only, but not humidity.

I recently did a lot of tests with humidity sensors. I built my own device, based on a Z-Uno, and I own several "multi sensors" from Aeon and Fibaro. I use the MS6 for humidity sensing and control, USB powered. I tried running it on batteries but I wasn't able to get acceptable battery life. That is a different story. The MS6 has adequate accuracy, but I have tested it indoors only, I don't know how it performs or ages if used outdoors. The older, round multi sensors are "not accurate at all". So I think the MS6 on USB is the only off the shelf solution.

What do you want to use it for?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, petergebruers said:

So I think the MS6 on USB is the only off the shelf solution.

Maybe there is FW update required?

Just now, jack.daniels said:

Maybe there is FW update required?

The basics of the sensor work for me since 1.06 but I recommend the current version which is 1.11. It is available with instructions on the Aon site. Different FW have different parameters, so the HC template does not match. I recommend to download the manual and uncheck "use template" so you can enter raw parameters.

Does this answer your question?

• Like 1

• Topic Author
  • 8 hours ago, petergebruers said:

The basics of the sensor work for me since 1.06 but I recommend the current version which is 1.11. It is available with instructions on the Aon site. Different FW have different parameters, so the HC template does not match. I recommend to download the manual and uncheck "use template" so you can enter raw parameters.

Does this answer your question?

Thanks, but how do I determine the current FW version?  Looks like mine is 1.7 (Is this FW or HW version though)?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

The HCL software says the device FW is "Up to date".

2 minutes ago, Gman34798 said:

Thanks, but how do I determine the current FW version?  Looks like mine is 1.7

I think there are 2 hardware versions, but I think there is no way to find out which one you have. Unless. I think the oldest shipped with 1.4 so you have the newest hardware revision because yours is 1.7

Your version is older, because the "dot" in a firmware version is not a decimal point. You should read it as major 1 and minor 7. So your sensor is older, because the available firmware has the same major, but the minor = 11 is higher than 7, so it is newer.

A Fibaro controller does not have the updates, you'll have to follow the instructions here. Before you start to read this... this will not make you happy...

Please login or register to see this link.

• Topic Author
  • You are correct...this does suck.  I will have to read through this later this evening after having a beer or three...