Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Alexa lag with fibaro dimmer

Al3x

Question

Has anyone experienced any delays or lag when saying commands? i am getting delays of up to 4 seconds with anything on z wave. wifi with alexa is instant.

8 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • Thanks fot the reply, can you recommend another solution that would provide a much faster response?

i only use alexa for microphone voice input

Guest fat
    3 hours ago, Al3x said:

Thanks fot the reply, can you recommend another solution that would provide a much faster response?

HA Bridge works much faster. Responses happen within around 1 second 

• Inquirer
    1 hour ago, mehdikad said:

CAN U EXPLAIN MORE ABOUT HOW CAN WE DO HA BRIDGE?@FAT

You can use a raspberry pi to create a ha Bridge between the device and alexa for faster interaction so it does not have to go up to the cloud

A fellow user here, sells a bridge that finds "all devices and VD's" without any programing like you'd have to do with the ha-bridge. The bridge that @skarotech sells works with both Google home and Alexa "out of the box" with no programming whatsoever. I use it after growing extremely tired of how s***ty fibaro's integration with Google home was. 

I have used the ha-bridge and it requires a lot of work just to get it installed... PM @skarotech for more info. 

I can't go into much details because Fibaro frowns upon users trying to sell their own products. I know for a fact that there are a few other users of the forum that also use it. 

Guest fat
    10 hours ago, mehdikad said:

CAN U EXPLAIN MORE ABOUT HOW CAN WE DO HA BRIDGE?@FAT

HA Bridge is a Jar file that is able to be run on a Pi/NAS/Windows machine that is always running. This means that all of your Alexa commands are run locally rather than using Fibaro cloud services which are quite slow

As mentioned above the HA Bridge does take some work to get running so if you are not comfortable with doing that the Skarotech Bridge might be a better option for you 

the ha-bridge can be very difficult to setup and dial-in the settings.  once its up and properly tweaked, it runs nice.  but again, its not for the faint of heart.  with each version, the on and off commands slightly change a bit too...