Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Happy HC2 User: Thank you all !!

Rudolph

Just to say a thank you to @Sankotronic  , @Dave Harrison ,  , @AutoFrank  and all other forum contributors for the sharing done on this forum. After 4 years I was about to ditch my Vera and give up on home automation. Too much time wasted on getting it to work reliably, to much irritation on working with a poor interface. After some research I decided to give it one more try with a HC2 box. Over Xmas I managed to get it to do everything I wanted, and thanks to the much better interface and all available LUA code. tutorials and advice on the forum it took me a lot less time than anticipated (and even less if I would be able to slowly read instruction and type correctly :) ). HomeTable, Heating Override, BatteryCheck, HomeState, Multiple calls for heating, Timer, all working really nice with some own scenes and VD adaptions. I did not want to spend a lot of time learning LUA ( my first and last programming skills date back from 40 years ago, in ALGOL....) but with examples in hand the odd adaption & modification was doable.  I am full aware that no HA solution is perfect, but this does the job for me. Keep the good work going!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Many thanks in return for the gestures of gratitude, @Rudolph and @Reinhold.  It's really good to know that our contributions to the forum are appreciated and providing a benefit to others.  Likewise, I'd like to echo those thanks to all the other forum contributors for taking the time to share their knowledge, and helping me to get to grips with LUA, the APIs and all the other complexities of the HC2.  Getting the best out of the machine can be quite a challenge at the best of times, and particularly I imagine for those that don't have a programming background, so it's satisfying to be able to offer a helping hand.

Glad to hear that the move away from Vera to Fibaro was the right decision.  It was one of the systems that I considered before buying the HC2, and so it's nice to have that decision validated.

• Like 1

All help I offer is free, as in "free beer". I am an end-user, I do not sell anything. So each time a user posts "thank" you, or he/she hits that "like" button, or post its appreciation, it makes me very happy.

Thank you, @Rudolph and have fun with HA!

• Like 2

I agree with Dave and Peter and sign what they wrote. This is great community thanks to many members who share their knowledge. I have also learned a lot from them and it feels really nice when I can give something back to this community.

Share & enjoy! :-) 

• Like 2

@Rudolph I walked the same route 5 years ago. Ditched the Vera 3, tried some others and bought a HC2.

The Fibaro forum-users rule! If they wouldn't be so helpful I would definitely ditched the HC2 also.....

The road to a goal is nice. The help you get to achieve this, by the forum users, is heart warming!

Please ask, copy, adjust and play. That is how the most of the more experienced users got their knowledge. Well, I certainly did/do.

Have fun!

Edited by Lambik