Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

403 - Access forbidden

pblacky

Question

Hi,
I tried to write a scene yesterday and suddenly i could not get access to my lua scripts anymore!

every time when i want change a script i get an error message "403 access forbidden"!
i did not change any user rights or something like this!

after this problem occured I tried to update to V 4.160 but there is no solution for this !?

please HELP!!!!!

• i use an HC2 with about 60 devices included.
  • i am logged in with "superuser"
  • i tried with 3 different browsers (IE, Crome, Firefox) to get access, everytime the same error!
  • i looked for alarms but i did not find any alarms pending
  • i restartet HC2 aufter Update 2-3 times but no solution

what works

• some automatic lua and block scriptes work
  • control devices from smartphone or web frontend

dont work

• all scripts of any remote with scene control
  • any access to save or change scripts and devices.
  • any changes in webfrontend

please HELP!!!!!

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Guest FredrikKarlsson

Sorry, I can't help you, but I can report that I am having the same/similar issue.

When I try to delete a device that I need to remove from the system due to it malfunctioning, then I get the following:

The z-wave core also seems really unstable. I noticed earlier that the server would hang in a frozen state, so I could not access exclusion and inclusion procedures.

Not sure if these issues are related, but this is becoming very annoying.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Guest FredrikKarlsson

It seems that I have been able to get unstuck somehow. I think I tried everything at least twice, but somehow at one time when I had restarted the whole system and waited 10 min for everything to be well and truly started again, I was allowed to remove a device that had obviously not been included correctly when I tried, and then also not properly removed from the system when performing exclusion.

So, there was an ghost "empty box" device in there. Exactly the time that I described above, I  was allowed to remove the ghost device. And then, all of a sudden, I was also allowed to access the z-wave system and remove also another device (that was just not working properly). And, now everything works like before!

Guest Olgierd

Hi,

I have the same situation like

Please login or register to see this link.

Please login or register to see this link.

It appeared after update to fw 4.160. I hope that it will be repaired in the next fw.

Olgierd

• Inquirer
  • Hi,

I called the german fibaro Support and an Agent could solve my Problem.

the reason was an Alarm message stuck in a device.

i did not check all things he did on my hc2 but maybe it is a good idea to dactivate Alarm in Alarm Paneel and then resart the box.

maybe it is also a good idea to try to rerun the Alarm configuration assistant.

• Like 1

I had the same and the similar 503 error so the support opened a case and they were working on it several hours today and reported it back as resolved, but...

My HC2 is extremeely slow, it takes more than 30 seconds to refresh whatever web gui screen. Scene's are nbot working, button on VD's are not responding...

If my house was depending on Fibaro, i woul'd be sitting here cold and dark for days...

Let me hope, that Fibaro suppiort will solve it tomorrow.

I did recovery and erased my z-wave so i had a clean HC2. Then i've installed 2 fibaro multi sensors (eyes) 2 VD's for HUE lights and 4 @Sankotronic Very Smart Light scenes.

But, i'm still encounter 403 and 503 errors, while fibaro support isn't doing anything anymore.

Anyone an idea? Any help will be appreciated.

Some more explanation

Just to clarify, because a friend f mine pointed out, that mentioning @Sankotronic's code, coul'd leave wrong impression, that he's code coul'd be faulty, but that didn't came to my mind, when i wrote this. I was just pointing that @Sankotronic's is known to be well structured, clean lua code, which was extensively tested before beeing posted here on forum.

With mentioning his code i just wanted to proove, that there must have been something different going on in my HC2.

I hope this clarifies enough.

Thank you.

Edited by Bodyart
    Precaution just to justify @sankotronic code

On 2/12/2018 at 10:04 PM, pblacky said:

Hi,

I called the german fibaro Support and an Agent could solve my Problem.

the reason was an Alarm message stuck in a device.

i did not check all things he did on my hc2 but maybe it is a good idea to dactivate Alarm in Alarm Paneel and then resart the box.

maybe it is also a good idea to try to rerun the Alarm configuration assistant.

Also had this on job the other day. Couldnt include device to slaved HCL giving 403 error.

Turned out although not showing on HCL GUI, when hcl phone app was opened it was in alarm state. Cleared alarm state on phone settings all ok

9 minutes ago, Bodyart said:

I did recovery and erased my z-wave so i had a clean HC2. Then i've installed 2 fibaro multi sensors (eyes) 2 VD's for HUE lights and 4 @Sankotronic Very Smart Light scenes.

But, i'm still encounter 403 and 503 errors, while fibaro support isn't doing anything anymore.

Anyone an idea? Any help will be appreciated.

Maybe delete phone and tablet apps ? Worth a try.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Jamie mccrostie said:

Hi @Jamie mccrostie,

i've deleted all apps and now waiting.....

On 2/12/2018 at 8:56 PM, Bodyart said:

I had the same and the similar 503 error so the support opened a case and they were working on it several hours today and reported it back as resolved, but...

My HC2 is extremeely slow, it takes more than 30 seconds to refresh whatever web gui screen. Scene's are nbot working, button on VD's are not responding...

If my house was depending on Fibaro, i woul'd be sitting here cold and dark for days...

Let me hope, that Fibaro suppiort will solve it tomorrow.

yeeeeh! the same here (after 2 days uptime)!

Sir, if possible, ping me if Fibaro finds root cause issue. Thank you!

49 minutes ago, Jamie mccrostie said:

is not the way to go for this. I have mounted old iPad in wall + my own iPad for controlling + iPhone when I out of a home.

It looks like crazy but I'll feel naked.

2 minutes ago, 10der said:

Sir, if possible, ping me if Fibaro finds root cause issue. Thank you!

Hi @10der,

fibaro support was investigating my HC2 and the conclusion was, that i had unofficial software installed - meaning my scenes and VD's and i had too much VD's (124) and too long remarks in the code (using @Sankotronic's scenes) and that the remarks ware slowing down my system and there coul'd be "unwanted characters" in the remarks, whatever thay may be.

So after the actions of support i had not working system, which was working allrights untill the failure occured.

So i desided to do system recovery and started from scratch yesterday.

After upgrade from 4.056 to 4.160 i've defined my zones and added rooms. Then i've installed 2 fibaro multi sensors (eyes) 2 VD's from @Sankotronic for Philips HUE lights and 4 Very smart lights scenes.

I wanted to make backup to make save the changes, but in the Backup & Recovery page i saw empty backuptable with the text: "There was a problem with the connection to the backups server. Please contact support."

This morning i saw on my screen 403 and 503 errors.

I've contacted support again at 8:12 by mail, but untill now support didn't respond.

Just now, Bodyart said:

i had unofficial software installed - meaning my scenes and VD's

Please login or register to see this image.

so, Fibaro support recommends not use the unofficial software like own VD / scenes?? I am angry. the best recommendation ever.

5 minutes ago, Bodyart said:

503 errors.

yes. I got this error every 2-3 days.

6 minutes ago, Bodyart said:

I've contacted support again at 8:12 by mail, but untill now support didn't respond.

it is a common situation. I am waiting 2 weeks for support responding... look like Fibaro support is busy bee

btw, 

and yes, new UI icons it's more important than others.

1 godzinę temu, Bodyart napisał:

Hi @10der,

fibaro support was investigating my HC2 and the conclusion was, that i had unofficial software installed - meaning my scenes and VD's and i had too much VD's (124) and too long remarks in the code (using @Sankotronic's scenes) and that the remarks ware slowing down my system and there coul'd be "unwanted characters" in the remarks, whatever thay may be.

So after the actions of support i had not working system, which was working allrights untill the failure occured.

So i desided to do system recovery and started from scratch yesterday.

After upgrade from 4.056 to 4.160 i've defined my zones and added rooms. Then i've installed 2 fibaro multi sensors (eyes) 2 VD's from @Sankotronic for Philips HUE lights and 4 Very smart lights scenes.

I wanted to make backup to make save the changes, but in the Backup & Recovery page i saw empty backuptable with the text: "There was a problem with the connection to the backups server. Please contact support."

This morning i saw on my screen 403 and 503 errors.

I would not judge that the reason of problems are the scenes and VDs from @Sankotronic , as this code is in use by 40 other beta testers and nobody did not experience such a disaster.

My understanding is that the case is still under investigation and problems occurs again on the clean system.

2 minutes ago, gucio1234 said:

I would not judge that the reason of problems are the scenes and VDs from @Sankotronic , as this code is in use by 40 other beta testers and nobody did not experience such a disaster.

Hi @gucio1234,

the VD's and scenes i use are the old @Sankotronic codes, used by tens, maybe hundreds users very long time without problems.

2 minuty temu, Bodyart napisał:

Hi @gucio1234,

the VD's and scenes i use are the old @Sankotronic codes, used by tens, maybe hundreds users very long time without problems.

That confirms even more that the reason is not on this code . 

My first impression was that you blame @Sankotronic for the problems with your HC2 you experience.

Edited by gucio1234

@Bodyart just thinking out loud... Maybe your main flash memory (internal drive) has an hardware issue? If it has bad sectors, or sectors that are difficult to read, HC might stall for a very long time period (and cause issues because of timeouts). If I understand you correctly, you did erase the disk, because you performed a "recovery". Did you notice anything strange, like did it take unusually long? Did support investigate disk issues? It is a long shot, but this kind of problem can cause all kinds of weird trouble.Another line of thought: I think 4.160 can grind to a halt if you force a dead device to be un-dead, then try to do some communication with it. It will recover eventually, but I think it might appear as if Z-Wave crashed. And I do believe this behaviour has changed between 4.150 and 4.160.

Edit: once in a while, after making a back-up, my system crashes too. I kind of got used to it so I forgot to report it ;-)

Edited by petergebruers

Hi @petergebruers I really don't know what support did, except they resolved some minor things like repair of backup table, which was showing non-existing backups and endless reconfiguring of non existing device. They loaded new version of 4.160 FW and made some backups for testing. This is what i'm aware of.

I wrote them mail this morning and again 3 hours ago, but untill now, there is no reply.

I can't judge correctly whether the recovery took longer than normal. I don't know if the internal drive was examined.

I'm having currently only a handful of freshly included z-wave devices not a dead one and my HC2 is behaving strange.

Besides the 403 and 503 error i had weird experience when i wanted to make backup. My HC2 said: "There was a problem with the connection to the backups server. Please contact support."

Sometimes the pages in the gui are renderred partly, or empty.

This in short....

I'm rebuilding my HA from scratch and just waiting when the next disaster will happen, because i simply don't know what's going on.

Edited by Bodyart

@Bodyart I do think a defective hard drive can explain what you see... There is however one external factor: did you exclude all devices before you started from scratch? I know you are not a newbie, sorry for asking... If you did not exclude them, these devices keep sending updates to a non-existent controller or worse, two devices might get assigned the same node ID (like duplicate IPs on an IP network, not good). Did you have any difficulty including those first few devices after the recovery?

Just got replay from support:

Please login or register to see this code.

I've ofcourse clear the cache in the first place... I've tested with Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and MS Edge. No device is armed....

3 minutes ago, petergebruers said:

There is however one external factor: did you exclude all devices before you started from scratch?

I couldn't ofcourse exclude any device, when i've erased the Z-wave memory in the recovery process; after recovery i had clean empty HC2. So now i'm resetting all devices to factory default and reincluding one for one.

@Bodyart that indeed seems like basic checks... I think your problem is "beyond that stage"...

Just maybe one minor thing:

11 minutes ago, Bodyart said:

I'm having currently only a handful of freshly included z-wave devices not a dead one and my HC2 is behaving strange.

I'd start by adding about 5 mains powered modules, somewhat distributed spatially around your controller. They'll form the base of the mesh network. Afterwards, I'd use NWI option to include some battery devices in-place.

Great tip Peter thank you very much!

I have only2 mains powered module, but will include all the wall plugs in the first place :-)