Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

403 - Access forbidden

pblacky

Question

Hi,
I tried to write a scene yesterday and suddenly i could not get access to my lua scripts anymore!

every time when i want change a script i get an error message "403 access forbidden"!
i did not change any user rights or something like this!

after this problem occured I tried to update to V 4.160 but there is no solution for this !?

please HELP!!!!!

• i use an HC2 with about 60 devices included.
  • i am logged in with "superuser"
  • i tried with 3 different browsers (IE, Crome, Firefox) to get access, everytime the same error!
  • i looked for alarms but i did not find any alarms pending
  • i restartet HC2 aufter Update 2-3 times but no solution

what works

• some automatic lua and block scriptes work
  • control devices from smartphone or web frontend

dont work

• all scripts of any remote with scene control
  • any access to save or change scripts and devices.
  • any changes in webfrontend

please HELP!!!!!

Please login or register to see this attachment.

5 minutes ago, Bodyart said:

I couldn't ofcourse exclude any device, when i've erased the Z-wave memory in the recovery process; after recovery i had clean empty HC2. So now i'm resetting all devices to factory default and reincluding one for one.

Two things...

1) Can you *first* exclude (reset) them all? Z-Wave has only one channel (little white lie) so devices still use a small amount of bandwith... Excluding (resetting) them silences them.

2) Sure you can still exclude them! Any controller can exclude any device at any time. Just set your freshly installed HC to "delete" then click the inclusion = exclusion button sequence on the device. It will get *excluded* and *reset* at the same time. So it is easier than going through the device specific reset procedure!

Hi Peter. I never get 403 but very usual get 503 error, any suggestion here?! 

1 hour ago, 10der said:

Hi Peter. I never get 403 but very usual get 503 error, any suggestion here?! 

Nope. 503 = process (providing service(s) to http server) crashed on HC. I do not have root access, so I cannot diagnose... :-(

It might have to do with "system load", meaning "number of active scenes" and "VDs", external access, doing http (ingoing or outgoing), memory consumption (logging, large tables, large global variables,) - bugs on HC... 

6 minutes ago, petergebruers said:

Nope. 503 = process (providing service(s) to http server) crashed on HC. I do not have root access, so I cannot diagnose... :-(

It might have to do with "system load", meaning "number of active scenes" and "VDs", external access, doing http (ingoing or outgoing), memory consumption (logging, large tables, large global variables,) - bugs on HC... 

whatever. OK. 

/me it appears, that I should find another Z-Wave platform for my home... bad news.

Just now, 10der said:

/me it appears, that I should find another Z-Wave platform for my home... bad news.

I understand, and I recommend you try at least one other controller. This will help put things in perspective. My test system is a RaZberry. Try open source, homeseer, whatever! Some people leave forever. But a few do come back. ;-)

15 minutes ago, petergebruers said:

I understand, and I recommend you try at least one other controller. This will help put things in perspective. My test system is a RaZberry. Try open source, homeseer, whatever! Some people leave forever. But a few do come back. ;-)

Sir.. I went from Razberry. my principal never looks back again. more than I bought commercial product expect what I'll have responsible support... yeah... 

sorry. it' offtopic here

4 minutes ago, 10der said:

Sir.. I went from Razberry. my principal never looks back again. more than I bought commercial product expect what I'll have responsible support... yeah... 

sorry. it' offtopic here

Maybe not entirely... If you have 403, 503 or other weird stuff and

• Users on this forum cannot help you...
  • Support cannot help you...

What can you do? I think "leaving" is an option... I am not saying it is a good option, but I understand. You'll only discover the drawbacks of other systems, but sometimes you love the new system...

To all users having weird issues... I do not have a lot of those! I have > 100 physical devices, a bunch of scenes but not a lot of VDs - so that is maybe an important distinction.

Over the years, I have installed all betas, and I have AT LEAST recovered my system 20 times, I stopped counting. I do that for fun and giggles.

Also, I have COMPLETELY RESET (exclude all devices, factory reset, erase and one by one put back automation) 3 or 4 times, that is about once/year.

I have cause issues by writing bad code... I've had issues with the network that I could not explain, but were solved by powering down the house... I have toyed with "secondary controllers" and you should not do that.

I have tried to help 2 users by doing a "teamviewer session" and I failed, after digging for hours! It is very difficult to understand someone else's system/code/setup/hardware (without being there...). So please give support a break... I know at least 3 cases that were not solved by support, although they spent DAYS with the customer.

• Like 1

@petergebruers you are always the best for me! Thank you so much. 

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2018_02/image.jpeg.f860f0c688f1e1d04d86eae684e50d03.jpeg" alt="image.jpeg.f860f0c688f1e1d04d86eae684e50d03.jpeg" />

btw:

I have files: 18 VD's and only 3 VDs have a body in the main loop.

1 minute ago, Bodyart said:

Hi @10der,

we're not giving up, are we? :-D

In your dreams! ;D

guys. The Fibaro community world's running out of men like you, Peter, you BodyArt :) never give up!

1730301_donotgiveup_jpeg4cd8a295a4e36d57ab6a88fd011c5d49

5 min ago

Please login or register to see this code.

;(

so, now I'm trying to disable all loops scenes.

only two loop-scene I can't disable:

own scheduled and own all-lights cuz this scene control lights in all rooms in my house.

Hello 

now the issue hit me also like you.  Welcomee to the club. Yesterday update to 4.160. Today my home is very warm because fibaro thermostat opens the heating in dinning room. And rest of the house is no more  smart. I have the same problems 503 error.  Everything is in manual mode. Now I have to search the light switches in the dark. Thats the worst case for my HC2. How can I bring it back to life?

I have to take a shower now.

By

• Thanks 1

yay!

I don't see the use of crying and calling 911 aka Fibaro admins/support. The most his could do recommend disable all own VD's and scenes.

for example yesterday I dropped to trash 5 own scenes and remove loop body in all VD's. 

Yes, so far, so good. (finger crossed)

PS: the second steps disable periodic querying sensors data for internal home statistics and disable own external away system (it poll HC2 and set global params)

Edited by 10der

Thats perfect

The last 2 two weeks I have deleted my Hue VD's without a main loop. Congratulation. The most of them I had exported before, so It's not everthing lost. But whats the meaning of this. VD's with main loop isn't allowed or you can only have 1 and 1/2 of them. 

idk. I am trying to find root cause issue. it looks like to catching a lion In the Sahara desert

Hello,

after a restart and switch off everything that needs RAM and CPU power (scenes, main loops VD...) my HC2 is alive for that time:

/monthly_2018_02/image.png.5cda7a3414870d506cccd30c38e99686.png" alt="image.png.5cda7a3414870d506cccd30c38e99686.png" />

Now I switch  step by step everything on.  I dismounted fibaro heat controller and set it to stand by. Because there were a lot of changes from fibaro at heating function Im not sure that everything here is ok.

image.png.5e713a8d3d55869380e580253c916469.png

image.png.1cacb46d68c9289beaca554763e284fb.png

• Like 1

Server Status:6d, 7h, 46m

near miss

you need to search for: ("armed": "true") and not (armed: "true") as described below.

On 2/14/2018 at 3:07 PM, Bodyart said:

Just got replay from support:

Please login or register to see this code.

I've ofcourse clear the cache in the first place... I've tested with Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and MS Edge. No device is armed....

I couldn't ofcourse exclude any device, when i've erased the Z-wave memory in the recovery process; after recovery i had clean empty HC2. So now i'm resetting all devices to factory default and reincluding one for one.

On 2/14/2018 at 10:48 AM, Bodyart said:

I wanted to make backup to make save the changes, but in the Backup & Recovery page i saw empty backuptable with the text: "There was a problem with the connection to the backups server. Please contact support."

@Bodyart did you ever discover the source of this issue? I've got this happening to my main HC2, and only a restart seems to clear it for a while (1 hour), then it comes back.

Like you, it started after a 403 lockout due to some devices having alarms set on (I don't use Alarms).