Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Integeration Of HC2 with Alexa

Jibran

Question

Hello,

I want to know that which Amazon echo device is fully compatible with fibaro? 

Which Version has to be selected and which model ? 

It is stable or not ? Does it work well or not ?

Thankyou

14 answers to this question

Hi @Jibran!

Fibaro skills should work on all Amazon devices normally fitted with Alexa (for example, Amazon Echo, Amazon Echo Dot, but NOT Amazon Kindle devices).

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2018_02/hero_dot-echo-plus._CB515484415_.png.84d14a5f2e7289f63d144ecaaa5a44bc.png" style="" alt="hero_dot-echo-plus._CB515484415_.png">

The region and language is more important.

2 hours ago, adyboss said:

I have used with success the Amazon Alexa app for Android too.

Of course, that is also possible : )

On 4.02.2018 at 12:14 AM, fingusio said:

with new Amazon Echo Plus will be work also?

Yes, Amazon Echo Plus should be no different and our skills will work on that device as well.

• Inquirer
  • On 2/1/2018 at 7:56 PM, I.Srodka said:

Hi @Jibran!

Fibaro skills should work on all Amazon devices normally fitted with Alexa (for example, Amazon Echo, Amazon Echo Dot, but NOT Amazon Kindle devices).

Please login or register to see this link.

The region and language is more important.

Well , Language is English and Region is UAE and Pakistan. I hope it will work . 

Thankyou for the Response.

Does not work in Australia ... 

says "You are not eligible to enable this skill due to geographical restrictions."

How do I fix this?

1 hour ago, jaclarkaus said:

Does not work in Australia ... 

says "You are not eligible to enable this skill due to geographical restrictions."

How do I fix this?

this shows you how to edit your alexa's location to gain US only alexa skills

11 hours ago, matt1981 said:

this shows you how to edit your alexa's location to gain US only alexa skills

If you change the location back to the local, do you lose the skill, or does it stay once installed?

Amazon provided a better (?) way:

I would like to inform to you that, unfortunately we are currently not supporting FIBARO Skill on Amazon Australia Marketplace, I will forward your feedback to the concerned department so that we can work with FIBARO and make this skill available for Echo device in Australia.

In this case, as an alternative until the skill is launched, you can switch your marketplace to Amazon.com and continue using this skill.

Here are the steps to switch your marketplace to Amazon.com:

1. Visit the Manage Your Content and Devices page on Amazon.com.au (

)

2. Select the Settings tab.

3. Under the ‘Current Country’ of Country Settings heading, There will be a text stating "You are currently linked to shop on Amazon.com.au. Click here to learn more about other Amazon sites you are eligible to shop on based on your country of residence.".

4. Select the "here" link to see the available options.

5. Click the "Learn about transferring your Kindle account to Amazon.com" link.

6. Select the "Transfer your Kindle account to Amazon.com" button and follow the on-screen instructions.

Now please deregister and register your Echo device.

Use the Alexa app to deregister your device:

1. From the Menu, select "Settings."

2. Select your device, and then scroll down and select "Deregister."

3. In the message that appears, select "Deregister" again.

You can also deregister your device from the Manage Your Content and Devices page:

(

)

Register your device:

1. Press and hold the Microphone off and Volume down buttons at the same time until the light ring turns orange (about 20 seconds). Then the light ring turns blue.

2. Wait for the light ring to turn off and on again. The light ring then turns orange again, and your Echo device enters setup mode.

3. Open the Alexa app to connect your device to a Wi-Fi network and register it to your Amazon account.

Note: Make sure that you select English (US) when you are registering the device again.

I apologize for the delay and inconvenience caused to you in this regard.

However, now I can register it, and from the web page it has both Fibaro skills installed, if I just say "Alexa, turn on the floor heater" or whatever, it says "Sorry, I don't understand Floor Heater"

What am I missing!

If I go to the Smart Home>Devices page, and press discover, it only finds my HEOS stereo system, and no Fibaro units or devices. Running HC2 and version 4.16

Skills are "region locked". Meaning, once you change back, you'll lose any settings that aren't supported in your region. 

Hi!

my question is: why I can see on Amazon Alexa / Smart Home only 5 from 150 devices? 

now I can see only some dimmers (2) / some wall plugs (2) / and FIbaro RGBW controller. Where are my other devices?

thank you!

On 18/4/2018 at 1:03 PM, 10der said:

Hi!

my question is: why I can see on Amazon Alexa / Smart Home only 5 from 150 devices? 

now I can see only some dimmers (2) / some wall plugs (2) / and FIbaro RGBW controller. Where are my other devices?

thank you!

Maybe in your FIBARO ID you have a lot of HC2 and HCL, when i didn't see the dispositives that i have on showroom, i was create a new fibaro id account and synchronize the hc that i have on showroom, after this i be able to see on my discover devices the items.

(i tryed selecting hc of showroom from home center list (through alexa commands) and i have control from ·whole house command" but the missing persist).

Good luck.

Edited by guzvo92

hi!

no. I have only one HC2 but more than 100 devices...

and btw, no one temperature / humidity sensors....

just hang loose!

just wrote own skills. works like a charm! :)

aGSrJ4D6HW.png

Edited by 10der