Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

More Functionalities Virtual Devices

doezel

Hi!

I would like to have the following extras for a virtual device:
- possibility to change the position of a slider, not just the volume.

- possibility to change the MIN and MAX value of a slider. Now it's just 0 .. 100.
- possibility to store direct-accessible public vars/objects per device
- possibility to change the icon from a multitude of (external) sources. (not just the pre-uploaded ones)
- possibility to show an image (just like a camera device), from an EXTERNAL URL

- possibility to change the power-usage of a VD, just like (for example) a dimmer. And have this value also visible on the house-usage)
- (extension of the previous) possibility to add a "COMPLETE HOUSE" type of VD which can be used to store Produced AND consumed Energy in both Watts and KWH.

Thanks!

Edited by doezel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

+100500

<Gary Garrison mode on>

possibility to store direct-accessible public vars/objects per device

- possibility  to used as event trigger similar to a hardware devices

<Gary Garrison mode off>

I'd like to see a quicker way to access VD's from either the tablet or phone app... Currently they're buried deep in the app, making it a pain in the a## to get to...

@doezel thank you for all the suggestions!

However, we would like to clarify some of them:

On 6.02.2018 at 12:37 PM, doezel said:

- possibility to change the position of a slider, not just the volume.

What position do you have in mind? In a VD interface?

- possibility to change the MIN and MAX value of a slider. Now it's just 0 .. 100.

What scale would you like to see? Fully customizable?

- possibility to change the power-usage of a VD, just like (for example) a dimmer. And have this value also visible on the house-usage)

- (extension of the previous) possibility to add a "COMPLETE HOUSE" type of VD which can be used to store Produced AND consumed Energy in both Watts and KWH.

Can you post an example of this? Use screen shots and detailed description if possible.

We want to be sure what you have in mind. After clarifying, we will forward the suggestions to the team :)

• Topic Author
  • 25 minutes ago, T.Konopka said:

@doezel thank you for all the suggestions!

However, we would like to clarify some of them:

What position do you have in mind? In a VD interface?

What scale would you like to see? Fully customizable?

Can you post an example of this? Use screen shots and detailed description if possible.

We want to be sure what you have in mind. After clarifying, we will forward the suggestions to the team :)

Hi!

When using a slider in (for example) a standard dimmer 2. The slider position changes (in addition to the slider value) when I control the dimmer from an external source.
    When I use a slider in a VD (for example when controlling the volume) and I change the volume from an external source, I can only change the VALUE of the slider but the position of the slider doesn't change. 

As for the scale of a slider;

The value that is shown next to the slider always ranges (now) from 0 to 100. But when I have a song of 2 minutes and 30 seconds, I want the value of the slider to reflect that.
    So when using a slider to scroll to a position in a song I can see (when sliding) the exact position where I want to slide to. (And I don't have to recalculate the time to- and from a percentage to be able to show it in the VD)
    So, what a nice change would be is that change a MIN and MAX value of the slider, AND to change the shown value as time (hours/minutes/seconds)

For the power usage:
    Some devices have the ability to record the actual power-usage. I can control this value like this:
    (See from the line that starts with: jtable = "{\"properties\":{\"power\":" .. data.Current .. "}}" )

Please login or register to see this code.

Attached is a screenshot which shows that I now have data from an external (and virtual) source in my Energy Panel.

For now there's only 2 values; the red one is the generated Power from the Solar Panels (hence negative as it's an inverted power consumption)

The blue one is the Complete House usage. When I import power the value is positive, when I export power the value is negative

But I want to show much more (please look at the second screenhot) Because My smart-meter has 4 Power values (and 1 gas counter) which also would be very cool to show. The problem I now have is that I have to "abuse" another (real) device to show the power of a virtual device. If I could allocate (1 or more) values of a VD to contain Energy data and have that energy data show up in the Energy panel, that would be very cool.

Thanks!

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Like 1