Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Home app says update available, Fibaro app says otherwise

ewiles

My Home app recently popped up and said there are two firmware updates available. Status details says “update the firmware for 2 accessories in the “Fibaro for HomeKit Devices” app and gives me a link to open the Fibaro app. But when I’m in the Fibaro app I don’t see anything indicating available updates. My device is a flood sensor. Checking accessory details there also doesn’t give me an update option.

Hi @ewiles!

Welcome to our community.

I would like to help you but we need some more information.

Could you provide a screenshots from: Home app and our app from this screen:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

We would like to know, which version do you currently have ; )

It looks exactly the same in my homekit setup and Apple Home app says that there is a update for Fibaro Door/Window sensor and Flood sensor but there is no updates in Fibaro latest app v1.70

Thanks @mszfcz, but you didn't scroll down in the home app to show us the version provided by Apple Home app (for both) Flood Sensor and Door Window Sensor.

Last production version of FGBHFS-101 is 1.01

Last production version of FGBHDW is 1.20

So there is no update we're trying to get information why Apple shows that message.

I am encountering the same. Home app indicates 5 updates and I have Fibaro HomeKit Flood Sensor, Motion Sensor, Single Switch, Door/Window Sensor.

Attaching just 2 of 5.

Fibaro HomeKit Flood Sensor - Firmware seems displaying differently between Home app (show 1.1) and Fibaro HomeKit app (show 1.01).

Thank you for your report @chaicka.

As our representative said, we are aware of the issue and we are in contact with Apple to establish why do these prompts are being displayed.

Fibaro HomeKit Single Switch - Firmware seems displaying differently between Home app (show 0.9) and Fibaro HomeKit app (show 0.9.0). Furthermore, there seems to be inconsistency within Fibaro's HomeKit devices. Why some firmware version is x.y and other is x.y.z?

Yes, you've got a very good eye ; )

That's also the subject of our investigation.

@I.Srodka

May I suggest that Fibaro internally to review how firmware version naming convention is being managed/standardized. Seems like pretty loosely managed or a naming convention may not even exists from an external consumer's perspective. Sort of like the way version is named being determine by individual developer's likings. Having 'naming conventions' for many matters actually leaves an impression to consumers/users that the firm is of an enterprise level, not a small business (which common to have no standards, no policies, no naming conventions, no SOPs, no SOAs, etc).

• Topic Author
  • As others have already mentioned, there seems to be a discrepancy between reported firmware versions. Here is what I'm seeing in both apps for my flood sensor. 

Hi

Same with the flood sensor here in Germany....homekit 1.1.0 and fibaro app 1.0.1...elgato did the same, but was then rolling out the updates from day to day later on very quickly .....same here or real discrepancy ?

greetings...

MM, iOS & macOS Dev.

Apple Home app shows that my water sensors have a firmware update available. However the FibaroHome iOS app shows no indication that this is available nor do I see any process within the app to initiate this update. 

The same happens to me; the app Apple Home shows a notification of firmware upgrade, but in the app FibaroHome I  can’t find any firmware available.

In the app Apple Home the version of firmware for my FGBHFS-101 is 1.1.0 but in the app FibaroHome the version of firmware is 1.0.1

Edited by lucaft

Hello,

the same happens for my flood sensor FGBHFS-101, firmware version 1.1.0 for HomeKit app and firmware version 1.0.1 for FibaroHome app. Two pop up of firmware upgrade in Apple HomeKit app.

10 hours ago, Bhc666 said:

Apple Home app shows that my water sensors have a firmware update available. However the FibaroHome iOS app shows no indication that this is available nor do I see any process within the app to initiate this update. 

If there is a real firmware update, the Fibaro HomeKit app will be able to perform the update with ease of use. It has been tested before and works (*NDA*).