Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Home app says update available, Fibaro app says otherwise

ewiles

Update is easy with the fibaro app normally as with the eve app from elgato, sure yes....but get that version checking code straight with apple and their home app pls, txs 

Not yet, still same situation....normally U C under accessory info: update available and U just click on it....they should get onto it soon !!!

my first post. thanks for posting this question, and thanks for the answers.  now I can mark this off my list of things to try and figure out this weekend. 

No, Fibaro says Apple's baby....Apple says Fibaro's baby....perfect....can't be so complicated to quickly change the version checking coding in a small single App at Fibaro ...cu, macman (and I think it's Fibaro business, because it first appeared after the last Fibaro Home app update)

• Topic Author
  • 11 hours ago, macman said:

No, Fibaro says Apple's baby....Apple says Fibaro's baby....perfect....can't be so complicated to quickly change the version checking coding in a small single App at Fibaro ...cu, macman (and I think it's Fibaro business, because it first appeared after the last Fibaro Home app update)

Yeah, this is surprising to me too. It happened right after an app update. I honestly thought this was going to be a quick fix and we'd have already seen an update by now. 

Right, I tried to check this with the apple developer section ...

Firmware versions still different, but at least the apple home app does not show firmare update available anymore and no numbers on the icon....

The issue has been fixed and the Apple Home app doesn't show the update notification anymore.

Cheers! : )

7 hours ago, I.Srodka said:

The issue has been fixed and the Apple Home app doesn't show the update notification anymore.

Cheers! : )

What do we need to do?

Mine is still showing updates needed.  Any hints on how to force a cleanup now that a fix is in place? 

Thanks

KC

There is no "clear cache" button in HomeKit so I've just restarted the phone and showed up at my house.

I believe it won't fix via remote connection. So you should get in range of those devices.

On 23/02/2018 at 3:24 PM, I.Srodka said:

There is no "clear cache" button in HomeKit so I've just restarted the phone and showed up at my house.

I believe it won't fix via remote connection. So you should get in range of those devices.

I have rebooted all my iOS devices which are linked to HomeKit and HomeKit Hub (Apple TV 4th Gen) has also been rebooted. Still the 'Updates Available' shows up.

Edited by chaicka

@chaicka, since you were rebooting Apple TV, I assume you were near those devices that need the update? Or some other person at home made the reboot?

4 hours ago, I.Srodka said:

@chaicka, since you were rebooting Apple TV, I assume you were near those devices that need the update? Or some other person at home made the reboot?

Yes, I am near those Fibaro HomeKit devices when rebooting each iOS device and Apple TV.

@I.Srodka

Been trying various methods and it seems the Fibaro HomeKit Single Switch is the only device still getting prompted in Home app about firmware update available. Is there any other methods to try out without having to factory reset it?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Hello @chaicka,

We will most likely replace your unit. Contact me via PM and I will send you the details.