Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Can you guys UNLINK fibaro "link" from google home?

Tom Ek

Question

Hi everyone, I am Tom, I am new here... 

I have recently bought "google home mini" and connected it to Fibaro_ID account. Unfortunately (I wanted to be too secure) I have connected it to wrong Fibaro_ID account i.e. the account where there is no HCL attached (it is just empty account). I have realized my mistake and wanted to UNLINK the account from google_home.  And here the PROBLEM starts. I just can't unlink it succesfully - fibaro does not exist on the devices list available in google home application on my tablet. Netatmo and other services are there, but fibaro (due to this strange dynamic linking procedure which is initiated by "talk to fibaro") does not have the service on the normal list (it is somehow hidden).  I have even removed Fibaro_ID account, but the only result I got is that fibaro now again initiates the linking procedure (shows the link on welcome home screen), but is does not show the form to enter new credentials.

Can you unlink your accounts and link them again? Have I done something wrong/stupid etc.? Anyone? I tried to talk to support, but the response is  not helpful so far...

Pls help

17 answers to this question

Start talking with Fibaro in Google Assitant on your phone. Three dot menu should appear on the top right corner of the conversation:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Click on it, and then on 'About Fibaro'.

New page will appear, with informations about Fibaro.

Scroll down, there will be an option to unlink Fibaro from your account.

Edited by qbasob

Yes, I'm doing this on Android. What is your problem? Which of the steps doesn't work for you?

Hi guys!

The button to UNLINK your accounts is in the Google Assistant app.

@qbasob@yabadaniel, maybe that's your misunderstanding there. You need to have Google Assistant app as well, not just the Google Home app.

On 9.02.2018 at 7:28 PM, Tom Ek said:

wrong Fibaro_ID account i.e. the account where there is no HCL attached

Alternatively, you can connect your Home Center to this FIBARO ID rather than changing your FIBARO ID.

If you have some issues with Fibaro ID and Home Center assigning, you can write an email to our support ; )

• Inquirer
  • Dnia ‎11‎.‎02‎.‎2018 o 15:20, qbasob napisał:

Start talking with Fibaro in Google Assitant on your phone. Three dot menu should appear on the top right corner of the conversation:

OK, so having asked the original question... I have to admit that I have not used the google assistant on my mobile so far. I started to use it with GoogleHome mini... After the support advised to use google assistant on my mobile I initially searched for that from the tablet that I use to control home devices. It turned out that the tablet was not eligible to run "google assistant" (old Android version) so I have switched to my phone... And voila, now I have also the google assistant running on my mobile... 

BUT... While I can make BOTH assistants ("mini" and mobile) talk to fibaro, they both say "It looks like your FIBARO account is not linked yet", they present the "Link FIBARO to Google" (seems ok I know) on the screen but they do not start the linking procedure (the screen darkens for 3 seconds and nothing happens). So opposite to the first time when I was able to successfully link fibaro, now it consistently fails on all three devices I tried. I assume that something from the first trial has remained in the parameters, but???

I can't connect HC to this FIBARO ID because you cant have the same HC connected to different FIBARO IDs (one to one) or so it seems.... I use the main FIBARO ID for other purposes...

Hi @Tom Ek, so you had it running on these mobile devices ? maybe wait for @I.Srodka or @qbasob as they probs have more idea than me, but I'd try uninstalling the apps to clear any cache. Then reinstall and try again.

Also reboot everything as standard procedure.

Cheers,

al.

Hi @Tom Ek!

I've seen the case on our desk.

Could post a screenshot from your phone from this screen:

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2018_02/step4.jpg.eb291e6d296d46c9f45a8430baaa48d3.jpg" width="393" data-fileid="24316">

• Inquirer
  • Helo @I.Srodka

As I understand, I would get this screen if my google assistant would start talking to fibaro. But now the only thing I can get is the screen below in google assistant. After I click the "Link FIBARO to Google" it darkens the screen for like 2 second and does nothing (comes back to this screen). It does exactly the same on my tablet which I used to establish initial connection via GoogleHomeMini. So I can't define new connection and I also can't completely remove the old one (well, perhaps it is removed by now but for sure something is different comparing to the first connection setup). I have used the clean phone... The same. I have "factory reset" google home mini - the same. It has to be stored somewhere in the google account definition. 

But even though your account is not linked, you have access to the skill browser:

\

I know I made it on iPhone, but it should be quite similar on Android.

• Inquirer
  • 10 godzin temu, I.Srodka napisał:

But even though your account is not linked, you have access to the skill browser:

I know I made it on iPhone, but it should be quite similar on Android.

Nooo... This is what I try to do from the beginning (and try to describe it here)... Of course I can get to skills (or devices, or connections, or however we may call it). I can find there lots of connectors/skills, I can setup new ones (e.g. for Netatmo thermostat that I have), but Fibaro on android is not listed there (I don't see the connector neither on the list of new nor on the list of already set linked).  Below you can find he screenshot... Netatmo is linked. Fibaro does not exist on the lit at all (not for linked, not for new, nowhere). This is why I wrote in the original mail that the linkage process is different for fibaro than for wemo and Netatmo... I don't know why. Or perhaps I still don't understand something...

@Tom Ek

Are you sure you're talking about Google Assistant app which we mention from the very beginning?

The Google Assistant app which have thousands of skills, for example, cooking books, Spotify?

Since we didn't want to be constrained with standard home controls we developed the custom skill. 

As the community gave feedback we understood that Fibaro Action response time is not so satisfying and a real home skill will be introduced but for now, it's a normal Google Action. Fibaro action for Google Assistant is normally to be found just as other Actions.

Since we are a Polish company we understand that you may have limited access to Google Assistant and you only have Google Home app.

If you have the Google Assistant app downloaded from some kind of an unofficial mirror, please make sure you're using the latest version.

• Inquirer
  •  

You are partially right... In the previous test I have looked in google home. But I have Google Assistant also, so after your last mail I searched there again (tried that before) and... The result is again the same. Clicking "Link" dimmes the screen and nothing happens... Here are the screenshots to proove the path...

It seems that it confirms what happened before - Fibaro seems unlinked, but if I try to link it again, it just does not kick the process succesfully... 

Whatever - i think I have bothered you all too much.  I will live with that somehow or try to do it again after any kind of update or so... No worries... If you have any other idea just let me know. If not let's close this topic. 

OK now i think i got this. I thought i had google assistant but i  had google home with the assistant inside. I all tough managed to link fibaro with google home but could only turn of all lights or turn on all light. And couldn't discover devices nor list devices.

so i tried to download the real google assistant but on swedish app store its not there even if i change my system language. So my suggestion is for you FIBARO dont just write change you app settings to English also mention you have to have a US Apple id or Goggle id on android to download the real google assistant. So for me i guess only thing is to make a (Fake apple ID) download the real assistant unlink fibaro and try again. Am i right ?

@Tom Ek, no you're not bothering us ; )

Could you send a PM with some details:

- Fibaro ID login

- HC serial number

- Gmail address

We will look into this error.

@Tom Ek, could you tell whether you have installed any additional browsers on your iOS devices? 

Do you have Google Chrome? If yes, please uninstall it, restart your phone and try again.

• Inquirer
  • @I.Srodka  - I've just disabled chrome on my mobile. Than enabled and installed updates, cleared the cache and all app memory... The same effect - the screen dims for 2 seconds (tries to do something) and nothing happens. 

Please note that I have tested it in 3 configurations - google home mini + tablet,  google home mini + android phone 1  and  only android phone (both google assistant and google home from the same device). The result is the same. I could bet that this is something in my google account that is either cached or some parameter set... 

I've met the same problem that can't unlink fibaro from the google home. But before that, the first problem is that I can't control the spotify music playback on google home. I don't know what happened.

I also try the workaround that transfer spotify music to google play music by audfree spotify music converter, then try to control the google play music on google home. But it still doesn't work. Does anyone met the same problem? Any suggestions are welcome.