Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Arlo Security Cameras

te2603

Question

Hi all,

Anyone know if it is possible to connect Netgear Arlo Pro wireless surveillance system to HC2

10 answers to this question

No they aren't working.  You can use VD to change state - mode through ifttt (armed, disarmed) and that's all.

On 3/27/2018 at 1:45 PM, Kamol_ said:

No they aren't working.  You can use VD to change state - mode through ifttt (armed, disarmed) and that's all.

Do you have a VD? Could you share? 

Hi, 

Use a lua scene:

1) add to your ifttt account new applet:

if this then that - if WEBHOOKS (receive a web request - choose event name - e.g ARM_ARLO) than choose ARLO  and action ARM

2) go to 

Please login or register to see this link.

and copy your webhookurl code 

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2018_06/screen.png.4bf8cd8c18fc0bafa989145617f2020b.png" alt="screen.png.4bf8cd8c18fc0bafa989145617f2020b.png" />

3) Create a lua scene (event name from ifttt the same one - ARM_ARLO and in place of  webhookurlcode use your own code 

Please login or register to see this code.

• Like 1

What kind of buttons you use? Have little knowledge of lua.. The applet don't run. Thanks for the VD 

Edited by TheDawg

On 7/3/2018 at 8:31 AM, TheDawg said:

What kind of buttons you use? Have little knowledge of lua.. The applet don't run. Thanks for the VD 

[ERROR] 09:54:27. line 6: attempt to index global 'net' (a nil value) 

Hi,

I managed to arm / disarm the Arlo camera's with IFTTT. Works great!

Only thing is..... I would like to arm certain camera's and not always all of them. Is this possible?

I made several modus schema's for this purpose in the Arlo app. From the app it works great.

Is it possible to manage this with IFTTT also? Could find this option. Only the option to arm / disarm all camera's. Yes I know I can select some or all camera's in the default arm / disarm modus, but that's not want I want.

If we are a sleep for example, I would like to arm some camera's.

If we are out of the house, I would like to arm all camera's.

Hope this is possible?

@oajungen  IFTTT does not support custom mode. But with Fibaro + IFTTT we can use the other way

Let me share with you my setup.  In Arlo, I only have 1 mode, detect sounds (actually meaningless, we don't use the camera sensor, but due to the mode setup restriction we have to choose either motion/sound or both anyway), and action set "Do Nothing".  This mode is selected to run 24x7.

Then, I have a fibaro doorsensor installed on my main door.  Whenever doorsensor value is 1 (open), I send a Webhook event to IFTTT, and the IFTTT applets trigger the arlo camera to start record for 60 seconds.  On the Fibaro Scene side, at the end I put sleep 60, so that when arlo is recording, IFTTT will not receive another webhook event for this particular camera.

So for your example, you can set a GlobalVariable that declares you are sleeping.  Then you can make Scene with the below logic:

If GlobalVariable Sleeping is "Yes", then if value of motion sensor near some cameras is 1, then send a record_event to IFTTT and trigger some cameras to start record.

Also, if GlobalVariable HomeState is "Away" then if motion1 or motion2 or motion3 value == 1 then send 3 different record events like cam1_record, cam2_record, and cam3_record to IFTTT so three of the cameras can start recording.

Edited by Sirhideo