Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Compatibility with Horstmann thermostat and EZ Motion 3in1

lumel

Question

Hello,

Using my HC2, I see that Everspring products are supported by system, but not my thermostat Horstmann HRT4-ZW and relay ASR-ZW, and EZ Motion 3 in 1 triple sensor.

System detects this products but they are not working, there are not possibility to use them in scenery, etc..

These products will be compatible in future?

Thank you!

Mario

• Answers 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Guest hotrot_net

AGAIN reset and connect it.

I bought a Fibaro HC2 for 499 euro and want to connect Z-Wave devices simple and quick for that money. If these troubles continue with Z-Wave devices I want my money back.

If I wanted to experiment with settings and do the thinking myself I would have build a linux box with Z-Wave USB stick.

The montion dections of the Everspring SP814 like I stated before send it's data after ONE HOUR!!! by that time my house is empty.

It's not to much asked to get a decend product for that amount of money.!!

AGAIN reset and connect it.

I bought a Fibaro HC2 for 499 euro and want to connect Z-Wave devices simple and quick for that money. If these troubles continue with Z-Wave devices I want my money back.

If I wanted to experiment with settings and do the thinking myself I would have build a linux box with Z-Wave USB stick.

The montion dections of the Everspring SP814 like I stated before send it's data after ONE HOUR!!! by that time my house is empty.

It's not to much asked to get a decend product for that amount of money.!!

I think, all today users of the HC2 gateway, must understand is very clear - It is still an BETA software product. I think it will take as minimum 3-6 m. to came to some asseptable

to the "End User" functionality and 3-part hardware support. So dont await ant "miracles" here. THINGS TAKE TIME (3T - prinsipe

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_smile.gif" alt=":-)" />

Guest hotrot_net

If it still BETA don't sell a product..!!! or for a way reduced price . Where on the site can I read thats a BETA, or better yet where in the manual is that stated??

You dont sell cars the have 3 wheels attacht that normaly have 4 wheels.

I've had it with product that are on the market that not work like they are advertised.

Dont make lame excuses like "THINGS TAKE TIME" for manufactures, sell products that work or dont sell.

Dude! Just take it easy.

Look around you: HomeSeer Tech. are on the HA marked in many years and they still have huge problems to adopt software for European Z-Wave users.

VERA people offers now 3-generation of hardware and 5-gereration of UI. Have they solved all problems? Answer is - NO.

In the present time Fibaro is only one European gateway manufacturer that really want to offer the best support/compatibility to European, Z-Wave devices. So, just give them a chance...

Guest ericf

yes, agree with hkmod25

When you look to the others they are older but still have problem. Sometimes it is not the producer of the box that solve problems but end-users, technical users.

I think that Fibaro knows all the problems/complains but like for every company that develop software, you have roadmap, list of futures features, performance increase, stabilize the actual, solve bugs ... no easy to manage it

But also I understand the frustration of some users, you buy something that you expect working certainly when it is one the most expensive box in Z-wave world.

/emoticons/default_icon_cool.gif" alt="8-)" />

/emoticons/default_icon_cool.gif" alt="8-)" />

Guest hotrot_net
But also I understand the frustration of some users, you buy something that you expect working certainly when it is one the most expensive box in Z-wave world.

Exactly, that is what my trouble is about, I bought this Box because it's most promissing out there, and for this kind of money i'm expecting something in return.!

This is a Quote of the fibaro site

Thanks to our permanent cooperation and compatibility with their products, we have access to infinite intelligent building solutions and possibilities, which makes the FIBAR Group a pioneer on the market.

If there's trouble with 3th party hardware make a list of wich is working.!! then users like me are not suprised if my sensors, switch or what ever is not working as they are suppost to.

Look around you: HomeSeer Tech. are on...

So because other company's can't make te promisse, Fibaro can't inovated and get out of the circle and make it happen? Bull. Think outside of the box and make it happen, then you make a difference. not by pointing to other company's.

That's the last comment on it I don't want to get of toppic al lot here.

Guest Joanna_Ossowska

I understand your frustration but you can be assured that we are working hard to solve all of the problems. Please accept our apologies for all inconvenience so far. Full compatibility with Hortsmann and EZ 3in1 shall be available in 1.023(short after Easter)

Guest ericf

thanks for the update

/emoticons/default_icon_exclaim.gif" alt=":!:" />

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

Guest m.denysiewicz

Czyli teraz nie ma pełnej kompatybilności z EZ Motion 3w1?

Guest hotrot_net

Its working but only when its on constant power..!

when I plug in bateries its not pushing movement.!!!!

its bin on a 5.2v 1A external power source the last 2 weeks then it works fine.. But today I put in batteries again, you gues.. all troubles start over again. It does not detect movement, I just placed new batteries mabye thats the problem I'll post back my findings.

Guest lunakk

Good to know, please keep us inform about this battery issiue.

Guest hotrot_net

I'm sorry to say, but this is still not working on batteries.!!

it's pushing data every 360 sec. As set in the master device....

The trouble with that is that movement is detect also every 360 sec. if the sensor doesnt detect motion in that time trap... you can gues the rest.

360sec is al low as it wil go, batteries are already draining this way. (arming the house is of no use this way.))

Again Fibaro is there something you guy's can do about? or is there a motion detector that WORKS..

Settings for the EZ 3 in 1

fibarocapture2.PNG?psid=1

Advanced settings

fibarocapture3.PNG?psid=1

Lunakk i Hope you benefit of my troubles.!

Guest lunakk
unakk i Hope you benefit of my troubles.!

/emoticons/default_icon_smile.gif" alt=":-)" />

Can you confirm that when external power supply is connected motion detector works fine. I ask because i'm waiting for 3 of those detectors, if they will work fine on external power i will start doing wiring for them

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Guest Kuuno

hi

do you guys have to manually change the icons of ezmotion child devices or correct sensors get automatically discovered?

thanks!

Guest ericf

automatic discover ... wait some minutes (maybe logoff/logon ) and shoudl appear

Guest Kuuno

and so it is!

also my software is 1.024, sensors are on batteries and data is being sent nicely so far!

im testing with various scenes.

if someone needs some specific tests to be done let me know

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

regards

Kuuno

Guest Futuretech
and so it is!

also my software is 1.024, sensors are on batteries and data is being sent nicely so far!

im testing with various scenes.

if someone needs some specific tests to be done let me know

regards

Kuuno

I've been messing with parameters and scenes but it won't work the way I want it to.

/emoticons/default_icon_evil.gif" alt=":evil:" />

I would like to:

If lightintensity <10% AND motion is detected turn on lamp.

Turn off lamp after 120 sec if there is no motion anymore.

Guest Kuuno

i will test with these exact settings today!

one thing i noticed and it might be the way to check if the sensor actually got added correctly.

in HC2 web portal i could see temp readings for specific sensor but the iphone app did not show temp for that sensor. also that one sensor did not run in scenes.

after removing and readding all figures appeared and scenes started working. Try to see if yours sensor diusplays temp in phone app correctly (not in web browser)

i will let you know of test results later today!

Kuuno

Guest Kuuno

i have done similar thing now. I also tried different scen for turn off and so far it is ok.

with one sensor i also had problems but remove-reaad helped

try that and let me know what happens

regards

Kuuno

also attached my scenes

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Please login or register to see this attachment.