Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Energy measuring devices

Guest Maarten

Question

Guest Maarten

I currently have a NorthQ power reader (

Please login or register to see this link.

) which can connect to my fibaro home center 2 gateway but is not recognized. Furthermore, I have 2 everspring an158 switches with power meter function (

). Switch works perfect, but no power metering. Is this functionality currently not supported or can I do something to make it work?

8 answers to this question

Maarten,

I am interested in this functionality as well and following my email exchange with Fibaro tech team been told that power metering functionality will be avaliable 2nd quarter of 2012 and there will be modules with power metering avaliable as well.

At the moment i am using currentcost device feeding informations from serial to Sheevaplug debian micro pc registering all usage via cacti so using this i can meter usage but cant manage units. its just informative really. I was looking into one of Everspring modules with power metering :

but dont think that apart from on/off functionality it shows anything in HS2 dashboard.

Maybe tech team proves me wrong.

i might be wrong.... but in HC2 there is an Option "Power (W)" for any switch or dim module i guess.

If you put there what your connected device is using in terms of power when turned on, then HC2 could "at least" calculate power usage based on how long that device was turned on..... it will not be accurate but as a cheap and easy power consumption overview it might be enough.... and does not require any special "power metering" device.

Just my thoughts

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_biggrin.gif" alt=":-D" /> .... but that "Power (W)" Option is there for a reason

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

Marcel

Guest m.rodziewicz
  • Inquirer
  • Hello. I would like to inform officially that the Fibaro Modules will have power metering function. We plan to release this modules in late Q2. In addtion we are preparing the power metering function Panel which will allow to monitor the daily, weekly, annual consumption of each room / device/ whole house. It will be possible to use that in scenes, as well as make any comparisons regarding consumption between any periods of time, set up the limits of consumption in each / day/week/ month and be informed about that when the limit is exceeded on email or sms. If You have any ideas for additional features please send that.

Guest kstaniek
  • Inquirer
  • It would be interesting to be able to poll the module to get the information about the current power consumption. That might be useful to make system aware whether the connected device is active or in standby mode (i.e. TV set)

Any news on the release of the energy management functions? (would like to use my northq to

/emoticons/default_laugh.png" alt=":lol:" />

I have a Eminent EM6600, wich is a NorthQ as well. I added it to the HC2 but the reading is not going well. I managed to configure the power reader but it doesn't show in the energy panel... any thoughts?

[ Added: 2013-09-17, 22:18 ]