Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Schneider (Merten) switches

Mitam

Question

I curently have many Shneider exxact connect switchest, also known as Merten (

Please login or register to see this link.

).

Does anyone else have any luck to get this to work, or is it true that HC2 doesn't regonize this switches?

Mitam

18 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • Can't get this switches to work.

Apparently Fibaro does not support this devices.

But I hope that will do so in the near future.

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

Mitam

Guest nelis

I haven't purchased HC2 yet, but am considering.

I also have several Merten 5072xx and 5071xx switches.

If they are not properly handled by HC2 than it's a no go.

Could Fibaro react on this post?

• Inquirer
  • In competitor's forum nickname "Aska" promises support for Merten.

In your Own forum, not even answer.

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_evil.gif" alt=":evil:" />

• Inquirer
  • Hi,

I found a forum where it is claimed, that Figaro is working on this.

Can Fibaro confirm this?

@Mitam,

That's my topic...my source is also the same as yours..sorry.

I hope Fibaro will support this soon. Since Merten is making nice wall controllers.

I know it's a challenge to add the Merten modules to a zwave network without Merten configuration software.

Guest AxelS

Any news on this?

@Fibaro: Are you working on this topic?

I run the last Beta but still no success with the 4 way merten switches.

BG

Axel

In Norway and a few other countries a 2-pol switch is required to legally operate zwave switches for bathroom and outdoor evironment. None of the Fibaro switches are 2-pol. The only ones I know of is Merten / Shneider exxact connect (eg model 507601). (I would of course for other reasons love to see support for Merten/ Shneider Equipment). So Fibaro, could we please as a minimum have one, or the other:

1. A 2-pol Fibaro switch

2. Support for Merten / Shneider exxact connect

hello,

In my house i have all my switches of merten system M. The also have pulse switches and want to buy these. Are these switches already compatible with fibaro?

Someone with Merten/Schneider switches that have tested them on the new 4.x "stable" version?

Works oki! No template of course but on/off/dimming is ok. The only thing that does not work as good as in version 3 is the response in HC when you turn them on by pushing the actual switch. It takes a few seconds before the status gets recognized in home center. I have reported this bug and hope it get solved soon. In version 3 the status was updated immediately. Dimming and off works instantaneous.

Someone with Merten/Schneider switches that have tested them on the new 4.x "stable" version?

Works oki! No template of course but on/off/dimming is ok. The only thing that does not work as good as in version 3 is the response in HC when you turn them on by pushing the actual switch. It takes a few seconds before the status gets recognized in home center. I have reported this bug and hope it get solved soon. In version 3 the status was updated immediately. Dimming and off works instantaneous.

Did you realy get them to work on version 3? I have 3.590 on my HC2 and i can't get my Schneider 4 way switch to work. How did you do it?

Hi olav,

Can you explain to me the problem you faced?

Do you mean you pushing the actual switch, the status gets updated a few seconds later?

I'm currently using MK Astral Zwave switches and is facing the status update issue. The problem with mine is that it does not update at all. On both 3.590 and 4.031

Hope to hear from you soon.

Following up on this thread, has anyone got the Schneider Exxact Connect  to work with HC2 ?

I did the misstake and bought the Schneider Exxact Connect before reading the forum :-(

Yes. My old post above from 2013 is outdated. I have a handful of Merten switches model 507601 working in both my home HC2 FW4.140 and in my beach house HC2 FW 4.130 Inclusion my take several attempts though...

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by 1152

I have a number of Merten double switches. I can include them in HC2, a somewhat troublesome process, and associate them. I need to make the switches trigger scenes in order to control Hue lights, and HC2 seems not to support this. Instead I associate the switch to a dimmer device and save different intensity levels sets (2,4,6,8 and 12,14,16,18, 22,24,26,28) to different to the buttons of different switches.  I then make HC2 trigger on the different intensity levels of the dimmer (a RGBW hidden in a closet). Works fine, but a messy way of doint it!