Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

SCENES : how to add a notification ? how to add a command ?

Guest ericf

Question

Guest ericf

Hi,

if I add a scene on a module and depending the result of the test I want to send a notification how can I do that ?

Actually you can create notification to be send by SMS, email or pushed.

But when you assign different message related to the status of the module (send message 1 if for example open and message 2 if closed)

Also if a module is not armed, it is not useful to receive a notification.

For example you are at home and you have a door/window detector on your garden door, you are at home and set them to not armed --> so you don't want to be notify each time you go in/out to your garden

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_smile.gif" alt=":-)" /> ...

So it should be good:

- when related to a device status (armed/not armed) you can specify a notification. If the detector is armed and then as command have 'Notification' and be able to assign a notification.

what is behind 'Command' in Scene ?

regards,

16 answers to this question

I have configured numerous scenes to turn lights on and off in response to a switch change or time schedule and they work fine both automatically or when I RUN them from the control panel. I want to create some scenes to be triggered from the app or control panel only but without a trigger at the start of the scene but they don't work. I have created a scene to turn on 2 lamps at different levels and saved the scene but it will not operate from the RUN button on web browser or app?

Any help would be appreciated.

Guest kstaniek
  • Inquirer
  • Try to add the fake condition that you know is always true or weekly timer with all days unchecked.

Guest vayher
  • Inquirer
  • Hi,

if I add a scene on a module and depending the result of the test I want to send a notification how can I do that ?

Actually you can create notification to be send by SMS, email or pushed.

But when you assign different message related to the status of the module (send message 1 if for example open and message 2 if closed)

Also if a module is not armed, it is not useful to receive a notification.

For example you are at home and you have a door/window detector on your garden door, you are at home and set them to not armed --> so you don't want to be notify each time you go in/out to your garden

/emoticons/default_icon_smile.gif" alt=":-)" /> ...

So it should be good:

- when related to a device status (armed/not armed) you can specify a notification. If the detector is armed and then as command have 'Notification' and be able to assign a notification.

what is behind 'Command' in Scene ?

regards,

It's not possible yet, but it's on the list for the update 1.022 or 1.023. In the scene builder there will be new boxes in execution part of the scene: "Send me notification by...".

I don't understand the second question, about commands. Can you explain?

Guest vayher
  • Inquirer
  • I have configured numerous scenes to turn lights on and off in response to a switch change or time schedule and they work fine both automatically or when I RUN them from the control panel. I want to create some scenes to be triggered from the app or control panel only but without a trigger at the start of the scene but they don't work. I have created a scene to turn on 2 lamps at different levels and saved the scene but it will not operate from the RUN button on web browser or app?

Any help would be appreciated.

Can you paste some screen with example scene here? It should work. I'll try to check what's wrong.

Guest ericf
  • Inquirer
  • "It's not possible yet, but it's on the list for the update 1.022 or 1.023. In the scene builder there will be new boxes in execution part of the scene: "Send me notification by...". "

good waiting this ...

Guest jeromefr28
  • Inquirer
  • in 1.0.33, the new boxes in execution part of the scene: "Send me notification by..." is still not present

/emoticons/default_icon_cry.gif" alt=":cry:" />

The notification function (by SMS, Email or push) is very important. When will it be added ?

/emoticons/default_icon_question.gif" alt=":?:" />

Guest SHCaus
  • Inquirer
  • This is still not present in 1.037??

It really, really, REALLY needs it!

Guest Dennis
  • Inquirer
  • This is still not present in 1.037??

It really, really, REALLY needs it!

When Fibaro tel us: "yes it will be in the next update or soon" then the mean: No Maybe next year !

/emoticons/default_icon_evil.gif" alt=":evil:" />

Dennis, unlike most on this forum you understand Fiboro speak, notting else to learn. Suggest you remove your footer, no need for you to learn more about this product ...

Cheers,

Hans

Guest SHCaus
  • Inquirer
  • The product is great.

Just needs a few Tweeks and additions to the software.

As long as we vocalise the changes, and as long as they are continually working on improving the software, and changing/adding the much needed request then we can't ask for much more.

The only other thing I would ask of them is more clarity into what devices will work with the HC2, and any limitations they may have.

Guest Dennis
  • Inquirer
  • Dennis, unlike most on this forum you understand Fiboro speak, notting else to learn. Suggest you remove your footer, no need for you to learn more about this product ...

Cheers,

Hans

I was one of the first here in the Netherlands with a Fibaro HC2. I had a lot of email contact (with fibaro) about the many bugs i found. But 75% of them are not been fixed, even if the told me the will fix in the next patch. Read the forum and see how many people are complaining about this problem. (even now):

Please login or register to see this link.

So when a company is "promising" things and they will not hold on it, then it is my right to complain about it. (and true mail it is dead end).

A good Domotica device like Fibaro will fall or rise with is support!

Its just my opinion and you don't have to agree with it but don't tell me that i have to remove that opinion.

/emoticons/default_icon_smile.gif" alt=":-)" /> .. No hard feelings but...(are you working for Fibaro ?!)

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

Dennis, I fully agree with you! I noticed all these promises from Fibaro too. Whenever they say things like 'next week' it is actually 'Fiboro speak' for 'next year' or 'forget it'.

Once people understand the 'Fibaro speak' there is no need to learn more about this product.

I'm sure Fibaro means well but those from Fibaro that act on this English forum are either jusy lying or clueless as to what is going on with the product.

I'm not working for Fibaro. They would wish I did.

Cheers,

Hans

Guest Dennis
  • Inquirer
  • I wish the hire you

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

Dennis,

Fibaro has this functionality already. We didn't add it to 1.037 because it is old API and all new functionalities will be added to the new one. If you want to use such functionality to create notification from scene, just add there another Relay Switch module (it can be virtual switch from 1x3kW Relay Switch) and create scene. Firstly add notification to that switch about changeing its state and then create scene: IF Something THEN TurnOn Virtual Switch. Every time you will turn on that swtich system will send the notification.

Guest sztywniak
  • Inquirer
  • notifications by sms,mail ... from scene

use the google translator

Please login or register to see this link.