Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Virtual Device

Mitam

Question

I have Redeye remotecontrol. It use html-commands to send ir-commands.

Example.

When i write

Please login or register to see this link.

in browsers adress bar, Redeye send some ir-command.

now the question. Can i use virtual device in this purpose?

I have tried and trien, but not succeeded.

I have completed the fields as follows.

ip adress: 192.168.1.12

tcp port: 80

string to send: /cgi-bin/play_iph.sh?/devicedata/CaptuSqruY0%201

all help will be appreciated.

Mitam

19 answers to this question

Unfortunately, virtual devices are designed for sending tcp packets rather than executing http commands. That is the main reason why you could not get it worked. Hovewer, I think I can help

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_smile.gif" alt=":-)" />

Change the string to:

Please login or register to see this code.

If it works, you will be able to create other http-get commands using this template:

I hope that solution will solve your problem.

works like a charm ! thanks for the tip !

Any information on how to trigger an "event" or to turn on/off (virtual)devices in hc2 from an external application using http get requests?

It is not possible to send http-get requests to the gateway at the moment. We are going to add this functionality in the future of course.

We are working currently on the new, faster and more powerful scene engine that is being rewritten from a scratch. It will allow to use virtual devices in scenes and it should expand overall functionality of scenes.

Guest ericf

hi,

be able to send notification in scene should be very nice.

Using this methode I have managed to control plugwise plugs (www.plugwise.com).

It will be great if the control is also available in scenes and on the Iphone app as device

Also Homeseer devices and events can be controlled using this methode.

this makes migration for me a bit more easy.

Please login or register to see this image.

It is not possible to send http-get requests to the gateway at the moment. We are going to add this functionality in the future of course.

We are working currently on the new, faster and more powerful scene engine that is being rewritten from a scratch. It will allow to use virtual devices in scenes and it should expand overall functionality of scenes.

Okay.... this was almost a month ago.

Any update or status about when virtual devices can be used in scenes?

Any update or status about when HC2 can receive get requests ?

Guest Fidziu

derelict,

Realy soon, API engine with modified scenes (it works much faster) is almost ready to public.

Btw if You need in a hurry there is a way to use virtual devices in scenes, but i cant tell You about it becouse its not official way, but,

Please login or register to see this link.

can:) Try, pm him.

Hi,

I have an alarm DSC POWER SERIES with TP 150 IP Reporting module.It use html commands to arm/disarm. Can I make a virtual device in Home Center 2 to arm/disarm the alarm?

What is the" string to send " for virtual button?

Thks!

Dear dzaif,

Can I make a virtual device in Home Center 2 to arm/disarm the alarm?

Yes, You can, probably it should work fine with Your device

It is text command that will be send to particular TCP/IP Port. String means finite sequence of symbols, like for example #device003ON#, in Your case You should check this communication messages in device manual/communication protocol, unfortunately it is different for every device.

Hi,

Is there a way to send a command on port 23 (telnet). As I do with a telnet client for example: Send the command "PO" to turn ON my amp. "PF" to stop it. ? "P" to request POWER status. Thank you for your help.

Hi,

I have an alarm DSC POWER SERIES with TP 150 IP Reporting module.It use html commands to arm/disarm. Can I make a virtual device in Home Center 2 to arm/disarm the alarm?

Thks!

I also have one of these alarms and I simply connected a relay to arm and disarm which is a much cleaner way to control via the interface. Arming and disarming can also easily be built into scenes with this connection. I get a notification via push and email if the alarm changes state.

I am waiting for extra notification functionality so that I can be notified of the specific arm OR disarm rather than choosing only one or being notified that it has changed state

I also have a Universal Sensor connected to monitor status and breach which notifies me via push and email when the siren is activated

It could be possible to read/control Satel Integra using a Virtual Device trough ETH or RS-232 interface? This should allow for example to:

- Use the alarm PIR detectors to control lighting

- Using SATEL relays

- Use window sensors to control heating

- Arm/disarm alarm zones

- Automatic control of blinds or watering depending on armed zones

This alredy work for example in Domiq using their RS-232 module, should work also for HC2 no?

Guest ruud.coppens
Hi,

Is there a way to send a command on port 23 (telnet). As I do with a telnet client for example: Send the command "PO" to turn ON my amp. "PF" to stop it. ? "P" to request POWER status. Thank you for your help.

Hi Kirkoff,

I was wondering if you succeeded sending telnet commands to your (i quess Pioneer AV) device? Or did you find another way to manage the AV power?

Kind regards,

Ruud

you can try this, it's works very well for me with v1.047 to manage my vsx 2021 pioneer:

ON

OFF

VOLUME (main zone)

Best regards

Guest ruud.coppens
you can try this, it's works very well for me with v1.047 to manage my vsx 2021 pioneer:

ON

OFF

VOLUME (main zone)

Best regards

Krikroff thanks a lot. It's working!

Guest ygh

Hi,

Some example of virtual device management for a newbie is available at www.ghafoor.org

Regards,

YG

Guest sgbirch
derelict,

Realy soon, API engine with modified scenes (it works much faster) is almost ready to public.

Where is the API documentation???????