Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Problems (bugs) Duwi and a few questions

Guest Dennis

Question

Guest Dennis

hi ( fibaro) and other users.

I got a couple of questions/ remarks (bugs)

I’m using the HC2 for over 2 months now but there are a couple of things not clear, and i have a couple off devices which are not working.

BUGS ?:

I have a problem with a device:

1. I cant adjust the Duwi Z-Wave wall-mounted transmitter. HC2 tells me the device is adjusted but I can’t get in the learn mode and therefor don’t see the settings of the device. HC2 don't get any informatie from this device.

2. I am using a normal Duwi Z-Wave switches and this device is correct working (in HC2) but after this device is added to the HC2 i cannot ad the Duwi Z-Wave wall-mounted transmitter to the Duwi Z-Wave switches. I want to control 1 light (lamp) with 1 Duwi Z-Wave switch and 1 Duwi Z-Wave wall-mounted transmitter. (this was working in Mios Vera)

QUESTIONS:

1; I want to install an alarm for my house, but it’s not working (jet?) Is it still under construction or should it be working? I’m possession of Aeon Labs door sensors and Everspring PIR SP103 sensors. How can i create a Alarm (Panel) witch i can activate en deactive with a code?

2; I can’t send an email or push notification, how do I adjust it? In my account is an email address added and with several actions it should send an email, but I’m not receiving.

3; how does the virtual switch works, what do I need to fill in by string? See question 4.

4; i want to make events with a virtual switch, for example, I want to make an event for my alarm at 7 in the morning, but I only want it to work when I set the virtual switch on ON, how do I adjust that?

5. how can i create an event that only will run after sunset (when it is dark). When i use the time option in an event and select "after sunset" my light wont go on. When i remove this option the light always go on (when the motion sensor is triggered).

I hope you (readers) and fibaro can help me

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

A happy Fibaro HC2 User

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

13 answers to this question

Guest ericf
  • Inquirer
  • regarding "I can’t send an email or push notification, how do I adjust it? In my account is an email address added and with several actions it should send an email, but I’m not receiving."

normally :

- go to a device

- in Advance tab:

- YOu have "Notify me"

- By SMS

- email.me --> there you could select "do nothing", "about turn out', 'a...

- then Notification : you can select a Notification. This notification has to be create into Panels --> Notification Panel --> Click on Add New, give a title, and set for each item : SMS, Email, Push a message and save it.

The email address is to be set in Panels --> Access Control Panel.

User list --> Click on add User --> seta username, password and email. there you have to check the Checkbox Shall Fibaro send notification. If not set no mail will be send whatever you set as notification message on a device.

Eric

Guest Dennis
  • Inquirer
  • Hoi Ericf,

thanks for your answer.

but question in: "User list -> Click on Add User -> seta username, password and email. The password is the "login" password of my HC2 correct?

And i do exactly (and did before) what you are writing. but receive absolutely no email.

but my biggest problem is about the Duwi Z-Wave wall-mounted transmitter.

Guest Dennis
  • Inquirer
  • Maby Fibaro, crew, can give some answers on:

BUGS ?:

1. I cant adjust the Duwi Z-Wave wall-mounted transmitter. HC2 tells me the device is adjusted but I can’t get in the learn mode and therefor don’t see the settings of the device. HC2 don't get any informatie from this device.

2. I am using a normal Duwi Z-Wave switches and this device is correct working (in HC2) but after this device is added to the HC2 i cannot ad the Duwi Z-Wave wall-mounted transmitter to the Duwi Z-Wave switches. I want to control 1 light (lamp) with 1 Duwi Z-Wave switch and 1 Duwi Z-Wave wall-mounted transmitter. (this was working in Mios Vera)

Guest ericf
  • Inquirer
  • Hi,

regarding the password of the user : YES. It allows you to create user (admin or not) to be able to admin or look into the HC2.

this user email is used to send email.

Regarding Duwi Z-Wave, sorry I can't help you I don't have them.

Regarding email, do you have any other Z-wave like Door/Windows sensor ? or other and try to set notification ?

Hi Dennis,

If you use this Duwi device

Please login or register to see this link.

you can't set it up in HC2, this normal behavior for this device.

The one you can use in HC2 is the Z-Wave.Me version of it

Please login or register to see this link.

, this one has a special firmware for z-wave controllers like HC2

Guest Dennis
  • Inquirer
  • hi Snapsou.

Thanks for the information about Duwi and EzHome.nl.

But Fibaro how do we fix the problem with the Duwi Z-Wave wall-mounted transmitter ??

hi Snapsou.

Thanks for the information about Duwi and EzHome.nl.

But Fibaro how do we fix the problem with the Duwi Z-Wave wall-mounted transmitter ??

They can't and the Z-Wave.Me version DOES work, here a couple of screenshots how to make them work (Just like I already told you by email Mister Snapsou)

First include the device in HC2 by pushing the include button until it lights up green, go to the dashboard of your HC2 and Push the Upper button of the device 3 times fast within 2 seconds (the green LED will stay solid for a couple of seconds), now push the lower button 3 times fast within 2 seconds (the green LED will stay solid for a couple of seconds).

Add parameter 13, data type 1d, value 1 (this will enable single push function of association group ID1)

Add parameter 14, data type 1d, value 1 (this will enable double push function of associations group ID 2)

Click save in HC2 and Push the Upper button of the device 3 times fast within 2 seconds (the green LED will stay solid for a couple of seconds), now push the lower button 3 times fast within 2 seconds (the green LED will stay solid for a couple of seconds), settings are saved in the Z-Wave.Me device now.

Now add your devices into association group ID1 and ID2 (if you enabled parameter 14 for double push) and again save your configuration in your HC2 and Push the Upper button of the device 3 times fast within 2 seconds (the green LED will stay solid for a couple of seconds), now push the lower button 3 times fast within 2 seconds (the green LED will stay solid for a couple of seconds), settings are saved in the Z-Wave.Me device now.

At this point the device will send it's on / off (or dim level) to your associated devices into group ID 1 and 2.

@Snapsou, if you don't understand how to make it work even if I already explained you how to do so contact me AGAIN and AGAIN until you managed it, we are always willing to help our customers with their problems!!!

@Dennis, it is possible to update your firmware of the standard Duwi device to Z-Wave.Me version, please contact me if you are interested.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Guest microler
  • Inquirer
  • @ezHome.nl, as you seem to have got it working, I'm hoping you can help me out.

I've got the Z-Wave.Me version of the Duewi switch and I have followed all of your steps. Everything shows up just as in your screenshots, except for the values in the "See" box and "Wake up interval" (this defaults to 3840, but I've changed it to the value 604800 wich is in your screenshot)

Pressing the 'up' or 'down' button does not make the associated Fibaro-dimmer switch on or off. I hope you have got an idea of what to try next (because I do not).

Guest microler
  • Inquirer
  • Finally, it is working!

Because of further assistance of ezHome.nl and thereby knowing it would work eventually, I kept on trying doing the same things I had already done before.

I've tried the routine several times:

Saving the Associations values in the HC2 interface, pressing the up and down buttons on the Duwi, checking the values in the "see" box, finding it still empty, saving the Associations values in the HC2 interface .... etc.

With the 4th or 5th attempt the values were finally saved in the duwi device and it now switches and dims the associated dimmers.

So it seems a bit voodoo-ish and it's definitely not the most userfriendly workflow, but it can be made to work.

Guest jrkalf
  • Inquirer
  • Great posts there ezhome. Although I buy at the hashop (competitor) perhaps you can help me with a "simple" question.

You probably know that the FGS221 is a root device with 2 slave devices. S1 and S2. S1 is by standard switched when switching on / off the root device. The slave device S2 isn't.

Now I have one of those fancy Zwave.me wall controllers and somehow in HC2 I can't select the S2 device of the fibaro (in my case node 7,2) to add it to group 2 of the zwave.me wall controller.

Do you know anyway around this to fix this?

Thx - the guide is very helpfull, but can anyone tell me what to do when the "Assosiations" area is empty ? I am not able to se "group ID".

2; I can’t send an email or push notification, how do I adjust it? In my account is an email address added and with several actions it should send an email, but I’m not receiving.

Hello Dennis,

I had the exact same issue with notifications.

Please verify your user settings in the Access Control panel. Make sure you have specified a valid e-mail address and make sure that you check the 'Notify ...' option.

If both of these are set correctly, please check you SPAM folder. I use a gmail address and they email arrived but I did not notice them because gmail had places them in the spam folder.

As for push notifications. Please note that PUSH notification currently do not appear to be working in iPad, only on iPhone.

Jan