Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

AN157 Everspring singal - DEAD NODE

Guest Dennis

Question

Guest Dennis

AN157 Everspring is loosing every hour his signal. (DEAD node) it looks like if the signal to the AN157 Everspring is not strong. Why ?

There is every 2/3 meter a other z-wave device so the signal must be strong enough. White the Vera 2 i never had this problem.

There a about 40 device in my house so i think it has to do with the AN157 Everspring - HC2 signal.

8 answers to this question

I just bought 6 Everspring Switches. I do experience exactly the same. Is this related to the HC2 (in wich case I would expect a fix..) or is this module related. Any one out there that can confirm all is ok if a different controller is used??

@ Hans & Dennis, did you try to exclude the device and include again with the checkbox marked, if the device is far from HC2? This may help.

Good luck!

Hi Smartronics (name souds promising..), me is very much a newbie in the zwave era, all help appreciated!!

My questions..

Why should a renewed association be needed, is it really that much hit and miss technology we are facing here? True, it's in line with what I'm experiencing so far but I regard this as just limited knowledge and virtually no documentation around all the products I purchased so far..

Happy to try your suggestion but.. not sure what you mean by checkbox...??

Cheers,

Hans

Guest Dennis
  • Inquirer
  • Hi Smartronix,

Yes i did try that, more then once. (it is the box for far far away

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

I did some further tests last 2 days on this. I moved my HC2 in same room with 3 Everspring Dimmers (AD142), two Everspring switches (AN157) and one Duwi (plug type) Dimmer. No Dead Node reported for 48 hours. This morning I moved one device to another room (some 12 meter away and 1 wall in between). The device went Dead in 30 - 60 mins.

A local association keeps working.

At this point I believe 'only' impact is that the 'dead' devices do not respond to scene commands.

Most probable cause to me is that it is the HC2 that looses the device. Looks like its related to a weak signal. Either the devices sends with limited power or the HC2 has limitations on receiving low signal strenght data. Great if anyone could advise experiences with other home controllers in combination with these type of devices.

A have a few other questions (hopfully Fibaro kicks in as well...):

The setting: "Mark if devices is located far from the Home Center"

a. What is 'far' in this regard. Is it distance related or is it related to number of routing hops in between the HC2 and the device?

b. Is it a setting that just helps temporarily, eg when a device is added, or does it have a permanent impact for a particular node?

c. What is the disadvantage of using the setting. I enabled it while including a device 1 meter from the HC2. Worked fine. So any guidance in the use of this option appreciated. (Perhaps Fibaro can pre-release the part of the documentation that describes this option?

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_laugh.png" alt=":lol:" /> )

Then I found:http://www.pepper1.net/zwavedb/ and found that Everspring AN157 en Duwi plug switch (Reitz-Group) do not support ‘Routing Flag’. Everspring doesn’t support the Optional flag as well. Anyone have a clue what these flags do? Could it be related?

Cheers,

Hans

Guest Dennis
  • Inquirer
  • I stil have the same problem withe the DEAD Everspring AN157.

Any solution FIBARO?

this is a very annoying problem with 3 Everspring AN157 devices losing every time the signal!

Guest pagewrite
  • Inquirer
  • Did you ever solve this? I'm suffering from exactly the same trouble with one of my AN157s (though it reports itself as being an AN145 in HC2!).

Dear Members,

As I said earlier - AN157 has some communication protocol bugs:

Please login or register to see this link.

"I have to explain that we've performed many tests of this device, and I am afraid that all problems are not caused by our controller. Our z-wave developers made research and they have stated that this device probably have bugs in its software. It is related with underdeveloped software comunication libraries and because of that comunication with this devices freezes.

We are aware that we need to add compatibility to certain Z-WAVE devices but in case of this Everspring we will need to modificate completely communication protocol for this device. I even dare to say that such issues may occur also in case of other Z-WAVE controllers. We can officially confirm that we plan to solve such issues in early December.

We are very sorry for such inconvenience but we can not take responsibility for other solutions difficulties. From our side I can ensure you that we will do our best to make this device compatibile as fast as possible."