Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Compatibility of HC2 with Aeon Labs Smart Energy switch?

lumel

Question

Hello.

Does HC2 is compatible with Aeon Labs Smart Energy switch (plug on/off) and Smart Energy illuminator (dimmer)?

These modules also have metering functionality, but for me now the interest is about the basilar working compatibility (on-off and dimmer only).

Anyone have tryed to use them with HC2?

Thank you.

5 answers to this question

Yes, these Aeon Labs modules - Smart Energy Switch and Smart Energy Illuminator are compatibile with the HC2, but right now only in switch, and dim functionality.

Regards

Guest microler

Hello,

I'm just starting out with the HC2 and the "Aeon Labs Smart Energy Illuminator" is one of the first devices I'm trying, so it might be that I'm doing something wrong. But I cannot even get it to get included.

So it doesn't seem to be compatible.

Guest microler

Luckily I can correct myself on this one. The "Aeon Labs Smart Energy Illuminator" does work.

I had previously tested the device with other software and an other controller. Apparently there was still some configuration left in the device. After including and excluding trough Homeseer it was 'clean' again and I could include it in the HC2 network.

Indeed, as Krystian said, only switch and dim. It does not show power usage.

Hello,

I have a switch like this one, I see the current consumption but when I want to make a rule that says to turn off the unit if to consumption is less than 5W, then it does not work, the module s' not turn off.

Is this an administrator fibaro can investigate?

Regards