Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

SQ Blaster Plus Wi-Fi to IR

APK

Question

Is there any intention of integrating anything like the

Please login or register to see this link.

into HC2 in order to control IR equipment tv's etc. ?

Tony

13 answers to this question

Guest kstaniek

It was mentioned in one thread on Polish forum that this device is not recommended.

I use iTach from Global Cache but not directly integrated with HC2 due to the current limitation of virtual device usage in scenes. I use iRule instead.

Anyway it would be interesting to get some details about Fibaro's plans for A/V device controlling.

kstaniek

Were you ever able to send commands to your iTach through virtual devices? We have been trying to use an iTach WiFI - IR but can't capture any communication coming out of the HC2. Is there something we are missing?

We can perform the communication through terminal so the commands and communication are correct. The HC2 Virtual Devices just don't seem to communicate

Guest SHCaus

Has anyone been able to setup the SQ Blaster with HC2?

If so, how?

We are quite successfully using Global Cache Wifi - IR devices now with the HC2.

We are just waiting on an optimised way to use the buttons in the iPhone interface. Currently we can create a scene for specific buttons so control is possible for basic functions

Guest zebox

I'am only starting study a API for HC2.

Could You explain more detail how i can integrate Global Cache Wi-Fi to IR with HC2?

Thank You!

You need to access the GC device through the Virtual Devices interface

Example attached

You can create multiple buttons under one device and add them into scenes or create scenes that simply perform the individual button function

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Guest vipernor

Have anyone successfully implemented the sq blaster as a virtual device yet?

Im also successfuly using Global Cache as the VD in HC2, still what Im trying to find out is how to create a command in LUA - string works well, but Id like to controll also variable what can be done only in LUA if Im not mistaken. There would be a workaround, but I would prefer to have it in one VD in LUA - any idea from you more experienced pls ?

Thanks

Im also successfuly using Global Cache as the VD in HC2, still what Im trying to find out is how to create a command in LUA - string works well, but Id like to controll also variable what can be done only in LUA if Im not mistaken. There would be a workaround, but I would prefer to have it in one VD in LUA - any idea from you more experienced pls ?

Thanks

Try using tcpsocket.

I dont have the LUA knowladge yet - can you pls advise the code I could copy into the VD button pleaase ?

Thanks

Guest vipernor

Been there done that. Isn't sq blaster getting quiet in the market? Why not get an itach?

Yes, U're right. Square Connect is not something you should buy anymore. Me one the other hand, have been quite happy with this little device for some years now. Of course I could probably buy some of the other blasters out there, but on the other hand I already have this one. I rarely use it, but why not implement it in the fibaro system.. shouldn't be that difficult.  We don't need a plugin from fibaro, but maybe there are more guys out there interested in getting the SQ blaster up and running on the HC2. Maybe we could clash our heads together and see what's possible.