Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Products from other manufacturers

javene

Question

Hello,

I'm wondering why, for example DUWI-products, stops responding from time to time.

You need to log in to the configuration interface and press "Wake up dead node" in order to make it work again.

Why do you have to do this? How does this command differ from the normal polling of home center 2?

I never had this problem using Vera or any other Z-Wave controller. (Yes, the devices are still the same, i.e not broken.)

7 answers to this question

Hello,

I'm experiencing the same problems. I have been using a Vera2 controller for over a year without any problems. At first I placed the HC2 at the same location as my previous controller and had a lot of nodes dropping dead after a couple of hours. Now I placed it on the top shelf of a closet (about 2 meters high) and have les nodes dropping dead.

My whole device setup didn't change since I moved over to HC2, so I cant imagine this problem is caused bij the Duwi switches. When I reconnect a dead node is responds imidiatelly.

Hello, try to remove the devices and add them again, but now the option marked if far from HC2.

I did it and the problem never occurs again.

Good luck!

• Inquirer
  • Thank you for the suggestion! Will try!

I still want to know what the difference is between "wake up dead node" and the normal automatic polling from HC2...

Anyone?

And also, WHY does it help by checking the checkbox??

During the inclusion of all my devices i already selected the option "Mark if device is located far from the Home Center", so I don't think this is the solution.

It would be handy to have a debug log of some kind (like with vera) so we could check why it is reported dead.

The only action that resulted in less dead nodes at my site was placing the HC2 about 2m above the ground in stat of 30 cm.

Although I still have 2 nodes that go dead every once in a while

Same here, experience the same with (retrofit type) Duwi and Evergreen Switches and Dimmers. The “Mark if device is located far from the home centre” doesn’t help by the looks of it. Also having the HC2 Controller close (<6 meter) to the device doesn’t cure. I very much doubt this is a Duwi or Evergreen issue otherwise the number of google hits would definitely tell. Fibaro modules work flawlessly. So to me iIt all smells into the HC2 being the culprit here. Clearly Fibaro has a focus on getting their own modules to work. What’s the score so far, do they care about standardisation and interoperability with other products?

In addition to previous post. The Duwi Zwave.me RF Controller…. This is an absolute nightmare to get going and to reconfigure (eg to change associations). Given very good experience with the wall mount zwave.me devices this too smells into the direction of the HC2. From my supplier I got the recommendation to not give up and stay very close (1 meter) from the HC2. I did that and felt absolutely stupid. Why would this make a difference..?.. But is shows how desparate one gets to get this thingie to work. I’m sure the RF controller works for others in Vera environments etc so for now my conclusion is that the HC2-Rfcontroller combo is crap. Mind you, the absence of RF controllers with the new Niko Home Control was the reason for me looking into alternatives. Trust this tells you how disappointed I am..

When you look at the HC2 screen on the macbook you can see that they even have a dead node in thier demo setup

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

Please login or register to see this link.