Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Virtual devices

javene

Question

Hello!

I'm wondering what you all use the virtual device for. I need some ideas and information on what works and what doesn't.

For example, is it possible to use virtual devices together with Sonos, Squeezebox, smart tv's and stuff like that?

11 answers to this question

Guest Futuretech
Hello!

I'm wondering what you all use the virtual device for. I need some ideas and information on what works and what doesn't.

For example, is it possible to use virtual devices together with Sonos, Squeezebox, smart tv's and stuff like that?

Me too!

Guest Kuuno

ill try to share as much as i know

virtual devices are used to control devices over network or rs232

i have a panasonic projector that has rs232 port and i will try to add that to the system

you can add various buttons with commands to send over net.

commands to send can be usually found in device manual

I also read in the polish forum that some people use it to control vlc player that supports http packets.

will post more if i get some:)

Kuuno, Please share your experience with the Panasonic projector including any strings you find that work for this.

Also what device you are using? Globalcache rs232 - wifi? or something similar.

I look forward to being able to configure this and I have a meeting with Panasonic on Tuesday

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Guest Kuuno

panasonic has a manual that is full of commands that can be sent to their devices, google and you find it easily!

im currently just figuring out a solution that ilike for rs232 communication. I have the cable by projector and theother end by HC2 and my homecenter, i might just send it through the pc...

Ok cool.. I would still like to see some screenshots

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Has anyone tried using the RGB lighting controller in Virtual Devices? I only just noticed this now but will be a great feature if I can get this working!

• Inquirer
  • I'm also interested in the RGB-lighting.

How is it supposed to work? How is it connected to the HC2?

• Inquirer
  • Hellooo?

What about controlling your Samsung TV (via ethernet) ?

Has anyone tried this?

Is it the same commands for all "ethernet-enabled" samsung TV's? And what are the commands?

Guest deraaij

Hi who could help me with the following?

I want to send **POF (or 0x02**POF0x03) as a string within a virtual device. Unfortunately I can not figure out how to send and

Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance,

Mark