Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Remote Acces problem? Check Your DNS!

K.Bergmann

Question

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Because of that, from time to time we get questions about remote access, I would like to outline some issues and ideas.

In the case of network configuration control panel, please pay attention to the DNS servers. Sometimes the customers enter the wrong DNS server address and because of that, remote access (via dom.fibaro.com / home.fibaro.com) will not work. (displays a white page after logging into the remote access panel). Personally, I recommend always set the address for DNS GOOGLE: 8.8.8.8 - with this address there should not be any problems with remote access. I would add that all the unit with software version from 1.027 automatically set secondary DNS google. Therefore, a potential problem relates only to HC2 with older versions of software. Please remember, if possible, to HC2 has always the latest version of software!

How to set the new DNS address?

To set a new address, go to Configuration tab and LAN Settings:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

If we have data assigned from a DHCP server, change the type of network connection to a static IP address (DHCP data will be stored).

In the next step, we change the DNS address to: 8.8.8.8

Click Save!

If you have a problem with remote access, when you will change DNS, please restart Your HC2.

Edited by I.Srodka

emariu, remote ? log on remote as a admin or give access to that user to that devices, scene

Hi all,

I am wondering if somebody can provide a flow how to setup my Home Center 2 / Iphone app to make it possible to control remote. I did check the DNS. However this item is already dated quite long ago and if I do what is mentioned there (static IP and DNS 8.8.8.8 and restarting HC2) I still don't get access.

software version: 3.571

Hope somebody can help me out to get this working because this is the mean reason to setup the system for me. Of course also the nice looks and the interesting technology

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_smile.gif" alt=":-)" />

Open firewall for port dns, 80 and ssh for your hc2.

Chad, Thanks for your answer. But I fear my router doesn't allow me to do a lot.

I did put the firewall off and i did port forwarding of my HC2's IP to port 5050.

For other devices this allows me to access from external (network drive and IP camera) but seems the HC2 is handling things different and so can not access it that way.

[ Added: 2013-12-15, 10:43 ]

adding to my previous post:

In the other devices I have I can and did update the used port to the once I am allowed to forward by my provider.

I didn't find this option in the home center 2, so hope this can be added ?

Hi,

I need help setting up my home centre 2 so that other member of the house hold can access remotely. I already set up a remote access account on

Please login or register to see this link.

I already have a CCTV on port 80. i have tried setting the DNS on the HC2 8.8.8.8 but still unable to get other member to access remotely

Did You register new account on

Please login or register to see this link.

???

Hi Wasil,

sorry for the late reply, i have manage to get this work

thank you

Hi!

I hope this is the correct place for my post..

I just bought a fibaro HCL an various sensors and relays. Everything is working great.

But, i have a strange problem with remote access only working for about 10 minutes after every restart of the HCL.

I have of course registred an account on home.fibaro.com and i have logged inn on the iphone app. The app and direct login via the ip adress of the HCL works all the time when I am on internal wifi. But remote via home.fibaro.com and on the iphone app on 3G only works after an reastart.

After a restart of the HCL it works perfect for about 5-10 minutes. I can log inn and out both on the app on 3G and via home.fibaro.com as many times as I like. Everything is perfect but then suddenly (after about 10 minutes) it is impossible to connect remotely to my hcl. But on wifi (iphone app) and from a pc on the internal network it still works great.

I have the hcl connected straight to my router so no problem there.

I have tried both static and dhcp, and both my service providers dns and googles dns. Both work perfekt (for 10 minutes after restart) and then nothing.

What is remote access only working for 10 minutes after every restart?

and how can I fix it?

Please help so I can use my HCL remote witch is very important to me.

Hello,

I got a customer with exactly same problem.

After rebooting the HC Lite, remote access works for 10 minutes, and after that, it is not working anymore until a new reboot.

We have tried it all.

Router it is a Movistar Fiber Comtrend 5813 in Spain

Regards

Any solutions?

[ Added: 2014-12-01, 16:33 ]

Guys I really need your help.

Today I changed Wifi router 3 times, because that was the last thing that could be the problem. But no, with all 3 routers I got the same - working perfectly, even with 3 devices, no problem and then, 5 minutes later no remote access AT ALL.

The thing I dont understand is, that the internet light on HCL is on, so it is connected to internet. But even on home.fibaro.com it is impossible to connect.

Please Please let me know what can I do. I started to think that the problem is with HCL but I want your answer first.

I asked at [email protected] many time, even trough Facobook, but I havent got any help.

The settings i did all possible, Static, DHCP, 8.8.8.8, whatever it is always the same.

Milos797, Misipino,

Are you able to login into home.fibaro.com and see your hcl? Are you able to click on the settings icon?

If no, perhaps the server is down. Fibaro team should be out for holidays so response will be slower than usual.

Hi Malvin,

this is really strange issue.

Usually I can see the HCL on home.fibaro.com, no problem there. But sometimes it goes down, and the icon is dimmed and it seems like the server is down. But the internet light on HCL is still on and more importantly I tried to leave it for 3 days with hope that it is the server and it will get back, but it didnt and I had to restart HCL manually.

I agree that it can happen sometimes because of the server (and it does sometimes for a while it is down, but after 10 minutes it is back on). but sometimes it just go down and olny way I can connect to it is by the IP address (not even the android app while on the same Wifi - that is strange).

I was almost packing my HCL to send it for service and starting from that day - no problem anymore

/emoticons/default_biggrin.png" alt=":D" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Now I am without rebook on for 7days, 10h and 11m

/emoticons/default_biggrin.png" alt=":D" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

And maybe it has something to do with D-Link camera. Always when I check it, it shows it normal and in 10 seconds I get the check the connection message. Soemtimes it come back, sometimes not. But I think I was having the issue even before I added camera.

Hi,

Im having the same issue, although havig static IPs ( LAN ) as well as WAN...

Simply HCL connects to network ( locally accesible ), but not remotely - on home.fibaro the wheels remain grey...

How Ive fixed this for the time being: Im accessing the HCL directly ( even from outside via my fix WAN IP... - that works well and stable )

Same issue for me. HCL works for a while and than its not accesible from outside and restart is needed. This is somehow showstopper for me while I need to use it from outside. I dont know what happen, but it worked before without any problems.

Same issue for me. HCL works for a while and than its not accesible from outside and restart is needed. This is somehow showstopper for me while I need to use it from outside. I dont know what happen, but it worked before without any problems.

Problems for HCL should be eliminated with update 3.594, if you still suffer from such issue, despite assigning IP to static and setting DNS to 8.8.8.8 please contact support.

Hey Guys,

Hoping someone could give me some advice. I'm running firmware version 4.056, tried IP to static and DNS to 8.8.8.8. Still no luck.

However after trying to change the password on my phone I get message "could not connect to home.fibaro.com". Type this URL into my phone browser and the link appears to work.

Is there an issue with the Android and iPhone apps atm or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Hey Guys,

Hoping someone could give me some advice. I'm running firmware version 4.056, tried IP to static and DNS to 8.8.8.8. Still no luck.

However after trying to change the password on my phone I get message "could not connect to home.fibaro.com". Type this URL into my phone browser and the link appears to work.

Is there an issue with the Android and iPhone apps atm or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Got the same issue, seems that connecting from my Iphone does not work. Locally everything works fine. I'm guessing some kind of bug.

Should I forward/open any ports on my router, for home.fibaro.com to work?

No need for that.