Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Remote Acces problem? Check Your DNS!

K.Bergmann

Question

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Because of that, from time to time we get questions about remote access, I would like to outline some issues and ideas.

In the case of network configuration control panel, please pay attention to the DNS servers. Sometimes the customers enter the wrong DNS server address and because of that, remote access (via dom.fibaro.com / home.fibaro.com) will not work. (displays a white page after logging into the remote access panel). Personally, I recommend always set the address for DNS GOOGLE: 8.8.8.8 - with this address there should not be any problems with remote access. I would add that all the unit with software version from 1.027 automatically set secondary DNS google. Therefore, a potential problem relates only to HC2 with older versions of software. Please remember, if possible, to HC2 has always the latest version of software!

How to set the new DNS address?

To set a new address, go to Configuration tab and LAN Settings:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

If we have data assigned from a DHCP server, change the type of network connection to a static IP address (DHCP data will be stored).

In the next step, we change the DNS address to: 8.8.8.8

Click Save!

If you have a problem with remote access, when you will change DNS, please restart Your HC2.

Edited by I.Srodka

I Cant access my HC2 over home.fibaro.com any longer... Any other?

Should 4.062 Beta work with home.fibaro.com or not? I have set static IP for HC2, point DNS to 8.8.8.8, restarted few times, but now success with home.fibaro.com...

Im having the same problem as the above, Rytis...

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_sad.png" alt=":(" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> no success

Static ip

DNS 8.8.8.8

Software: 4.062

Thanks /Rasmus

you need to clear browser cache. I had problem that I was able to click on the HC in home.fibaro.com but couldnt get over the login screen of local access. I didnt see there new red FW beta version on the right bottom. After I cleared the cache and refreshed browser, everything was OK. 

you need to clear browser cache. I had problem that I was able to click on the HC in home.fibaro.com but couldnt get over the login screen of local access. I didnt see there new red FW beta version on the right bottom. After I cleared the cache and refreshed browser, everything was OK. 

Thanks for reply, unfortunately I still get the same error message "no communication with the main controller, remote access is currently unavaiable" =(

what did you mean with the"new red FW beta version on the right bottom"? Did that have something with it to do?

Thanks

After you log into home.fibaro.com and after you click on the remote HC (like a setting icon) you supposed to get to the remote HC login page. And I had problem that at this page the wasn't the current beta FW version displayed (see attachment) and I could not login. 

But anyway, only reliable remote connection is over the VPN. I didn't have single issue with it yet. 

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Ah ok I see. Thanks!

Could you be so kind and explain to me how to access using VPN? Would be a very happy camper! Wanna so bad see my kitchen temperatur when Im away

You need to have device on which the VPN server can run. Local PC turned nonstop on with VPN or ideal is NAS which have this feature build in. You can use the NAS also as a network storage and for other purposes as well. Than you just configure VPN and connect to it from remote and you will act the same from remote as if you were connected to the local network.

Thanks man! Appreciate this very much. Big up! Think I will go for this solution.

But if anyone can solve the "standard" remote access problem I would be glad though

Hello,

I'll try to connect to my HC2 systewm without any success; plesse help:

The system is installed but is not shown under WIN 10 in the Hardware manger and not available in the Fritz box. The HC2 is online meyns blue lights for ON, Network connected and Internet connected.

But when connecting to the system Ireceive the answer 'No communication with the main controller, remote access is currentla unavailable'.

Fibaro finder doesn't find anything!

The normal reset procedure is failing! keep switch + during switching on electricity etc.

What can I do anything else? Please give advice.

matth56

Guest ricoman72

Hi guys, i posted some time ago but with zero response. I can now re-create the problem at least.

I'm currently on release 4.080. This issue has occurred on all previous firmware releases that I have tried. I think 4.080 is the fourth release I've installed. It also occurs whether I use static or dynamic IP's.

The issue seems to occur if the BT Home-hub 5 looses internet connectivity. This may be due to routine network maintenance or a problem, lets face it, its going to happen. But, the HCL seems to have a problem reconnecting to the internet gateway when it occurs. It will reconnect to the LAN very quickly but not to the internet so remote access is impossible.

I have 2 PC's cable connected to the Home-hub 5 and both recover when the issue happens, but for some reason the HCL will not. It requires a manual reset to fix which is impossible if I'm not at home.

I can re-create the fault by manually turning off then turning on the home hub while the HCL is powered on and connected to it. The HCL fails to re connect to the internet. Note, it can take up to 3 to 5 minutes to re-establish internet connectivity from this re-boot? Is the HCL timing out in its attemp to re-connect?

I'm really struggling with this....any help would be welcome

I use hc2 in pr China,I can't use 

Please login or register to see this link.

and google.com ,but when I use VPN,I can

I use only a VPN connection on my mobile to my home router. And it works perfect.

Fibaro and Router on APC Smart-UPS and backup internet over LTE/GSM, all behind a firewall.

On 2016/7/4 at 10:36 PM, xujian said:

我在中国大陆使用HC2,我不能使用 

和google.com,但是当我使用VPN,我可以

你是用vpn?这不是需要公网ip吗?花生壳你有没有用过?我们测试花生壳免费版还是不好用的现在版本4.110来了,fibaro要出fibaro  id  这个功能不知道能达到哪种效果。你在做fibaro?可以加我qq讨论907220833

With multiple users does everyone use the same fibaro ID and then their own user/pass??

my fiancé had setup a fibaro ID too but we can't get the HC2 added to her account as it says it's already associated with another account, my account.

Obviously we both want and need remote access here. 

1 hour ago, emdoc12 said:

With multiple users does everyone use the same fibaro ID and then their own user/pass??

my fiancé had setup a fibaro ID too but we can't get the HC2 added to her account as it says it's already associated with another account, my account.

Obviously we both want and need remote access here. 

Hello @emdoc12,

Unfortunately, you have to share your Fibaro ID credetials with her, to get access to Home center. To get remote access through app, you will add Fibaro ID (for remote connection) and credentials to get access to unit (to control modules or get notifications).

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2012 at 2:08 PM, Guest deraaij said:

1) Power off

2) Hold Recovery button

3) power on

4) release Recovery button

Regards,

Mark

Mark, thank you for the instructions! The link you have does not work?

Hello

My DNS was set to 8.8.8.8, I restarted my HC2 but I still have remote access control. It's been working fine until recently.
Please help.
Thank you