Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Aeon-labs Home Energy Monitor with HC2

antamaga

Question

Have you ever tried Aeon-labs Home Energy Monitor with HC2?

Are they compatible? I can enable scenarios from measurements submitted by the Energy Monitor?

19 answers to this question

Guest LaMax

Ciao, purtroppo non sono compatibili con l'attuale versione stabile di home center 2. volevo provarli con la versione beta (che ha un accenno di sistema di misurazione) ma la beta mi ha mandato in ricovery la centrale. quindi per il momento niente...

Guest LaMax

Aggiornamento, ho appena messo la nuova beta, e il sensore a 2 pinze AeoTek viene riconosciuto correttamente, purtroppo segnala solo la potenza istantanea, e al momento non sembra voler fare altro.

Question, how do you install this monitor.

If you buy the 2 or 3 clamps version, can you then monitor 2 or 3 separate groups,

or do you need the 2 clamps voor single phase monitoring to put 1 clamp on brown and one on the blue cable? (same for 3 phase?)

can you post a screenshot of the monitoring an installation in the electricity box

thanx for the help.

Guest LaMax

Hi! if you buy the 2 or 3 clamp meter you have 2 or 3 different meter. now i cannot take a screenshot because i cannot login in my home center. and i haven't solved this problem yet.

In my case i put the first clamp on the Photovoltaic out and the other clamp on the main load of the electric system.

Hello ,

Thnx, this means that the manual of the aeon labs is wrong

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_eek.gif" alt=":shock:" />

It clearly states that the 2 clamps must go on the 2 fases .

Please login or register to see this link.

• Inquirer
  • Does anyone know alternative z-wave products to manage the system according to the electricity production of PV systems?

Guest LaMax

no, the manual isn't wrong. it only show a system with 2 phases and a neutral. If your electric system is like mine, you can put 1 clamp on the phase of a line (example the kitchen line) and the another clamp on the phase of another line.

For me this configuration works.

no, the manual isn't wrong. it only show a system with 2 phases and a neutral. If your electric system is like mine, you can put 1 clamp on the phase of a line (example the kitchen line) and the another clamp on the phase of another line.

For me this configuration works.

thanks for the info, can you please post a screenshot of the readouts as soon as you can log back in?

thank you very much,

Greetings,

Miguel

• Inquirer
  • Please login or register to see this link.

has anyone had a chance to try this with Fibaro?

has anyone had a chance to try this with Fibaro?

I have it and is not currently recognised

/emoticons/default_sad.png" alt=":(" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've bought this device too and it´s only recognized as a switch (not as a energy meter).

Is it compatible with new upcoming beta release?

Guest Axel

Now it is recognized as power meter.

But no chance to use it for the Energy Monitor.

The NorthQ:

is recognized in the alpha version. but still not showing in the energy panel.

I have a virtual device that shows the average usage of the last 15 minutes. which is good for now, just hope that it will be fully integrated

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

ofcourse, there is just one thing; there are two "actual wattage" labels. As we had a discussion about the correct way to calculate the wattage of 15 minutes. Maybe you can tell me which one is right

/emoticons/default_wink.png" alt=";)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Another thing:
    The "set manual" you need to change the ID of that virtual device and set a value that is just a little lower than your last measurement, the next time it will correct it with the new measurement. That is just to get it running the first time

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

VD below:

Guest Axel

Ok, changed ID 211 to my ID 92.

SetManual works.

But can't get values from NorthQ Energy Meter, my ID 92.

Help ?

what software version are you on?

If your on alpha:

local newValue = fibaro:getValue(NORTHQID, "energy");

earlier versions:

local newValue = fibaro:getValue(NORTHQID, "value");

Guest Axel

Ok, thank you, now it works.

I am on the beta.

Why do you calculate the wattage different ?

because I had a discussion with my collegue about the correct way of calculating it... What do you think is the correct way?

As it is the average of 15 minutes (1/4 of an hour) you could say: devide by 0.25 and then * 1000 to get the wattage.

Or multiply by 3600 as that is the amount of minutes...