Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Issues with iphone remote acces

Chris

Question

Hello Fibaro Team, Forum,

As a new user, I installed the HC2 since yesterday.

Untill now, despite the lack of a manual (which is really needed, step by step), I seems to get it right.

Only issue so far I have is the remote acces.

What I have done so far:

Installed HC2

Update firmware to 1.036

Lan settings: static IP

DNS: the actual one (so my gateway/routers IP adress). I've read that default the google's 8.8.8.8 is allready programmed as second DNS in the HC2 system. Correct?

remote acces allowed on HC2: Yes

I created an account on the home.fibaro.com website

Downloaded to app from appstore (today)

I added the settings for local acces ( local IP adres of HC2, login admin/admin etc.) and my username from the home.fibaro.com to the remote settings line. I left the pasword blank

Now:

Locally everything works ok via iphone.

When I login via the home.fibaro.com the remote acces works ok.

I see my HC2 serial number and can open it.

Remote acces via the iphone (outside the LAN) via 3G (good connection) sometimes work, but most of the time doesn't work.

I type my pasword, the serial number of the HC2 appears.

When I click on the icons nothing happens. Also weather etc. don't appear.

I tried refresh network a dozen of times, log off/on dozen of times.

Only sometimes it works.

What is wrong here?

Thx,

Chris

8 answers to this question

Locally everything works ok via iphone.

When I login via the home.fibaro.com the remote acces works ok.

I see my HC2 serial number and can open it.

Remote acces via the iphone (outside the LAN) via 3G (good connection) sometimes work, but most of the time doesn't work.

I type my pasword, the serial number of the HC2 appears.

When I click on the icons nothing happens. Also weather etc. don't appear.

I tried refresh network a dozen of times, log off/on dozen of times.

Only sometimes it works.

What is wrong here?

I have the exact same problem, it works on my local WiFi@ home with the iphone app, but only sometimes when i am not at home and using the 3G-connection. My ISP/Provider for 3G is Telia.

I have the exact same problem, it works on my local WiFi@ home with the iphone app, but only sometimes when i am not at home and using the 3G-connection. My ISP/Provider for 3G is Telia.

I Also have trouble using the iphone app for remote access. (It's always work fine when i'am in my LAN so the case isn't the iphone app but the remote acces itself.)

the difference between LAN acces and remote acces is that you have to make the connexion thru fibaro's proxy. (DNS record is made from yourserial.fibaro.com, for the HC2 registration to the proxy i suppose)

for exemple, when using my home's VPN connexion on my iphone, remote acces always work correclty but i don't use fibaro's proxy this way.

When i'm in 3G, the connexion is sometime very very slow but sometimes it work the way it should.

When i'm connected in my office, remote connection never work.

i have checked the dns registration from my office acces and 3G acces (SFR/France) : home.fibaro.com and myserial.fibaro.com exist.

so, perhaps there is also some kind of firewall and/or proxy issue...

to fibaro's team : can you explain us the way you make the remote connection ? TCP port you're using or HTTP tunneling ? Do you encounter some high load issue on your proxy servers or wan bandwidth ?

thanks in advance guys.

Greg.

Guest Eric

Also, dear Fibaro Team, please look up and check the differences between App version 1.2 and 1.3!

Software version 1.2 seemed to work properly so what did you guys change in version 1.3 in regards to the remote access?

I have exactly the same issue described above.

Occurs when using 3G or WiFi over a remote connection.

Remote access has always been incredibly slow - the camera feeds only load 1 in every 3 times (they time out).

It's not the upload speed of the connection that HC2 is on - other applications allow the camera feeds to stream much faster - I suspect the issue is with the remote Fibaro proxy being slow....

I'm having same problem.

On my Wifi I can connect without problems to HC2 through iphone app, but with other wifi or 3G I can´t connect.

I've set into general settings-HC2 app my home.fibaro.com user and pass... But no luck at all..

Is this the right way?

After the new release of the HC2 ver 1.4 the remote access over 3G or other than my home WiFi works just fine!

Thanks for the upgrade!