Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Qees MyKey Handheld Remote Control / Keyfob working in HC2

ezHome.nl

Question

Today was one of those days that made me happy working with Z-Wave!

Yesterday we received the new Qees MyKey remote control / keyfob and today I had the time to play with it and this really made me happy

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_laugh.png" alt=":lol:" />

Inclusion is a piece of cake, in the advance tab we now see 4 groups and adding devices to association groups also works like a charm.

This combination of the remote and HC2 is the way Z-Wave controllers in a network should work.

Here is the device:

Please login or register to see this link.

13 answers to this question

It's an interesting looking product. I surfed for details and found ZWave product suppliers saying 'imminently' available since last year (2011), but as far as I can determine there is no availability in the UK. Vesternet are the only ones that allude to it on their

. Guess we'll have to wait.

Guest FibaroKK

ezHome.nl

Can you start a scene using one of this buttons ?

• Inquirer
  • This remote can only be associated to devices in HC2, (for now) you can't start a scene with it directly.

There is a way to start a scene but then you need to use a node that changes it's status in combination with associations.

Hi,

@FibaroKK: Regarding your question, there are a few more amendments to what ezHome.nl said.

Firstly, by default, the MyKey can configure and activate scenes from 1 to 4, each being mapped to the corresponding button. Configuring a scene from the MyKey means that the current state of the devices in one of MyKey's groups is saved as a scene, the ID being that of the group.

The activation is a little bit different. By default, the mappings are Scene ID 1 - Group ID 1 - Button 1 and so on. This can be changed using the "Scene Controller Configuration Command Class" and any scene ID can be mapped to any of the four groups, thus offering MyKey users the possibility to activate any scene.

Thanks very much qees-europe. Understood and will order a key immediately. I'm also curious to see how well I can control a fibaro dimmer with this key.

May we expect Quess wireless (battery powered) wall controllers soon? The HC2/Duwi alternative is useless to me..

Regards,

Hans

@HansW: Thank you for your interest in the QEES products. At this point, we cannot provide you with a fixed date for the release of a wall controller.

However, we can invite you to subscribe to our newsletter on www.qees.eu and follow us on Facebook (

) and Twitter (

) to make sure that you are among the first to receive information about new launches.

Hello again. Finally got some time to work the Qees Remote to the next level.. To include into the HC2 indeed was easy and straightforward. Took me 10 minutes to figure out the process and then it worked first attempt. Next step was to configure associations using the HC2. I couldn't figure out what to do as I was expecting a Duwi alike drama, but the remote just picked up the config one way or the other. Great stuff!

Battery life doesn't seem that long so you have to keep it in a 'dock' close to where you want to use it as it seems.

Questions I have....

1. The PC controller software to update to latest release...not available yet as it seems, correct?

2. To trigger a scene as configured in the HC2... I have configured a scene configured and stored with Scene ID=10. So how do I trigger this scene using say button 3? Could anyone provide step-by-step guide. I cannot convert the technical description into 'button strokes'...

Many thanks for your help..!

Hi Hans!

We are happy that you found both the instructions and the actual use of the product to be straight-forward and intuitive.

What's the battery life you are currently experiencing? Can you do a rough estimate of the actual use of the device? (minutes per day or something similar)

1. Yes, a PC software is needed to perform firmware updates, both on the MyKey and the RETO Shells and Plug-ins. We don't have any firmware updates at this moment, but we'll have the PC software available for public release somewhere around mid-October. You'll see that it will be a lot more than a firmware updater, but I can't say more...

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_smile.gif" alt=":-)" />

2. I am sorry for the delay in answering this. I'll have to try and perform the operation on our Fibaro HC2 and see if and how it works. I will then post a step-by-step guide.

Qees Team

Ok, so I've had a look at the HC2's interface and how scenes can be set. Unfortunately, it seems that the HC2 doesn't offer access to the "Scene Controller Configuration Command Class". In this case, what I can suggest is for you to setup the scene you desire with an ID in the range 1 to 4. This way, you'll be able to activate that scene simply by clicking the corresponding button on the MyKey.

Let me know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Qees Team

Many thanks for your investigation and comprehensive answer. It is great to know that Qees give their customers such attention and support.

No doubt one can configure a HC2 scene with an Id between 1 and 4. The assignment is system selected so a workaround is needed for this.

Perhaps next HC2 release provides Scene Controller Command Class configuration capability. As I understand it now such functionality must be expected from the HC2 product. The more I learn about zwave and the HC2 product I came to realize feature richness in core z-wave functionality and supporting non-Fibaro products doesn’t seem to be either a strength or an intention… So I guess bad luck for us, HC2 owners, in his space. We are compensated with great smartphone and tablet interfacing of course.

Ref. to the Qees Remote power. I don’t have much experience yet. What happened to me is that after some 3 days of playing about the low power signal went off. So I reloaded. Not sure how long it would last in the low power mode. Feels it lasts much longer now, haven’t seen low battery for over a week now. But then, I didn’t play with it that much, just used it... Perhaps that’s where you designed it for, just a thought.

Again, many thanks for your support. It helped me to understand both yours and the HC2 product better and I’m sure fellow forum members learn from it as well.

Regards,

Hans

Thank you Krystian. This is great and solid info and I look forward to use this new functionality.

Regards,

Hans

My Qees is now secondary controler, but in HC2, i only see the device, i can't assign button to activate scene, what's wrong ?

Please, can you tell me if this Qees can be used with my HC2 ?

If not, i will send back to my reseller !!!

Hi,

Scene Controller Configuration Command Class will be available in newApi

When ???

Your message was posted in 2012, next month we are in 2014 !!!

Thanks