Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

HTTP control features

stevenvd

Question

I first wan't to say that the HTTP control is very nice.

soon I will release something that I have been working on with the HTTP api.

Some features I would love to see in the HTTP API to make it even better:

- Add the controlled device field value

In this way you can read out what kind of device is used so you can change an icon accordingly

- A name or value that indicates what icon is used for a room

- Alarm clock feature

this would be a more difficult function. I know you can make an alarm with a scene.

but that means that you have to login to the control panel and change the time every day.

if there would be a alarm clock feature, you could send a time and on/off state to the HC.

I look forward to anyone who has some ideas to add and the response from Fibaro to my questions....

4 answers to this question

Fully support the idea of alarm clock in HC2 and iOS Apps. This shouldn't be that difficult to implement but giving a lot of flexibility.

PS

if you (Fibaro) decide to implement it please make sure that you can define many different alarms like: wake up, lunch, film etc

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

Hi Krystian, can you add the ability to call an external script that returns json or xml data values ​​to use.

For example: retrieve the status of an IP device with its API.

Trigger a scene according to a value or a predetermined threshold: example with Netatmo station (www.netatmo.com) I could trigger an alert based on the CO2 level detected. I could give dozens of examples: thermostat IP, IPX800 (network controlled relay), RFXCom, communicating objects, user scripts, integration with development platforms etc..

Best reagrds.

hi Krystian

+1

I hope you will implement these new features (ability to call an external script & retrieve the status of an IP device with its API) soon and also can use another api for Push (f.e : API to PushingBox )

Actually, i use Pushing Box with my IPX800 (Relay card) and receive "voice" Push on my Android Galaxy S2 and soft Notyfry. It's works very well.

Best regards.